Have the 49ers been hit by the injury bug the hardest in league history?

RaidersAreOne

Current injuries 

-Starting QB (Jimmy G)

-Starting RB (Raheem Mostert)

-Backup RB (Tevin Coleman)

-Starting TE (George Kittle)

-Starting WR (Deebo Samuel)

-Starting C (Weston Richburg)

-Starting DE (Nick Bosa)

-Starting DT (DJ Jones)

-Starting DT (Solomon Thomas)

-Nickel Pass Rusher DE (Dee Ford)

-Starting LB (Dre Greenlaw)

-Starting CB (Richard Sherman)

-Kick/Punt Returner (Richie James)

Its called Superbowl hangover.

Remember last year the Rams had these players missed games if not the season:

HB Gurley, HB Malcolm Brown, WR Cooks, WR Woods, TE Higbee, TE Everett, RT Havenstein, C Allen, LG Noteboom, LB Kiser, LB Matthews, CB Talib, S Johnson III, K Zeurlein.

If Im missing someone please let me know.

So yeah with the Niners their injuries are so unfair its hit that hard which again says to me the Superbowl hangover is real. Sucks for them but hopefully next year the injury bug will be kind to them. I expect them to keep fighting this season so I dont think they will be picking in the top 5 or even top 10 especially if Jimmy G will be back soon with getting Kittle and his top two receivers back. However if they did get a top 5 pick Id run to the podium and take receiver Chase from LSU. 

Edited by stl4life07

11 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I definitely wouldn't categorize this in particular as that. 

You have players prone to injuries, they probably get injured at some point.

Then you just have bad luck sometimes (solly's, for example). He went down under the weight of a full grown man with his foot planted. It happens. Maybe the turf (players said it was ""sticky" before the game) had something to do with it, maybe not. Jimmy G took a low hit

Injuries happen, and they have happened quite a lot to the niners in recent years for whatever reason. Staff, player histories, etc

9 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

HB Gurley, HB Malcolm Brown, WR Cooks, WR Woods, TE Higbee, TE Everett, RT Havenstein, C Allen, LG Noteboom, LB Kiser, LB Matthews, CB Talib, S Johnson III, K Zeurlein.

So yeah with the Niners their injuries are so unfair its hit that hard which again says to me the Superbowl hangover is real. Sucks for them but hopefully next year the injury bug will be kind to them. I expect them to keep fighting this season so I dont think they will be picking in the top 5 or even top 10 especially if Jimmy G will be back soon with getting Kittle and his top two receivers back. However if they did get a top 5 pick Id run to the podium and take receiver Chase from LSU. 

What does a SB hangover have to do with injuries? What am I missing here?

And the Rams last season were once again one of the healthiest teams in the league. Not even CLOSE to comparable to what is going on with the Niners right now .

They won't pick top 5 and will be right in the playoff hunt by season's end. Good chance the team is 4-1 or 3-2 when Jimmy returns along with Kittle, Sherman, Deebo etc. 

11 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

This seems to be a recurring theme with the Niners - at some point, it's not bad luck - maybe it's the strength/conditioning or off-season training?

Sounds like Lynch is blaming the playing surface in NY, where the Giants and Jets play....He's complaining about it feeling "sticky"...The niners are staying east to play the Giants this weekend....

On 9/22/2020 at 11:53 AM, stl4life07 said:

If the Super Bowl hangover was real, we would have never had three Super Bowl champions that had lost the Super Bowl the season before. :)

There is no logical reason why a team that lost the Super Bowl is destined to get injured the following year or just not even make the playoffs. Well, other than the team that lost just isn't good enough on to be an annual contender anyway. Which I think is fair for the 49ers. The Chiefs look like they'll be in the playoffs every year for the next decade plus unless Mahomes is hurt. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

I would say that, considering who the injuries are to and how quickly clustered they've been, yeah. The 49ers have some bad juju. Virtually all of their top players have gone down and they likely went from a possible division champion to being lucky to reach the post season without looking like a bad team within 2 weeks. 

Can't even justifiably call it a Superbowl hangover at this point.