Trade Targets?

pacman5252

33 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The Packers reportedly offered a "mid-round pick".  That leaves room for interpretation, but that suggests somewhere between the 3rd and 5th round.  But the question is what would the Giants want?  If the Giants "resisted" trading Tomlinson like Rapoport suggests, the Giants wanted a heavy price for him which to me would indicate that they wanted at least a SRP in return for him.  As it's been discussed, a SRP is too much for a rental.

Not a chance in hell Gutey offered a 3rd for either guy. In fact, they confirmed he didnt for Fuller. 

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The Packers reportedly offered a "mid-round pick".  That leaves room for interpretation, but that suggests somewhere between the 3rd and 5th round.  But the question is what would the Giants want?  If the Giants "resisted" trading Tomlinson like Rapoport suggests, the Giants wanted a heavy price for him which to me would indicate that they wanted at least a SRP in return for him.  As it's been discussed, a SRP is too much for a rental.

Well, the Giants are technically in the playoff picture despite what their 2-7 record suggests, so there's that, I guess.

I'm sure they would've bit on a 3rd-5th rounder if the NFC Least weren't so laughably terrible this year.

Edited by KManX89

18 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Remember those 2 TDs that MVS caught?  Fuller would have scored them better.

he also would have caught the glaring drop.

Fuller isn't needed on this team.  But another offensive playmaker is needed for this offense to be the path to victory over a championship defense.

Without one of those, we have to rely on the defense, which will lead to problems.

3 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

he also would have caught the glaring drop.

Fuller isn't needed on this team.  But another offensive playmaker is needed for this offense to be the path to victory over a championship defense.

Without one of those, we have to rely on the defense, which will lead to problems.

A guy like Fuller would have helped us stress defenses for sure.  He's performing as a #1 wideout for Houston, and would have been our #2.  Lazard as a #3 and MVS as a #4 starts to tilt the favor in our direction a bit more.  

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

A guy like Fuller would have helped us stress defenses for sure.  He's performing as a #1 wideout for Houston, and would have been our #2.  Lazard as a #3 and MVS as a #4 starts to tilt the favor in our direction a bit more.  

I'm more upset that we didn't land the DL.

Fuller would have been a nice piece, but if we ever get to the point where we have Jones, Adams, Lazard to go with the other guys, I feel like the offense is just fine.  Even without a guy or two, our offense has not been an issue.

It's the defense.  Ungh.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm more upset that we didn't land the DL.

Fuller would have been a nice piece, but if we ever get to the point where we have Jones, Adams, Lazard to go with the other guys, I feel like the offense is just fine.  Even without a guy or two, our offense has not been an issue.

It's the defense.  Ungh.

But I also think there is argument to be made if the smiths and Clark return to last year’s glory this defense will be good enough to win a championship...

26 minutes ago, Green19 said:

But I also think there is argument to be made if the smiths and Clark return to last year’s glory this defense will be good enough to win a championship...

And dont leave off Gary. It's time #12 start to produce some quality snaps. Not necessarily sacks etc - but at least compliment Z/Smith and be a presence.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

I think my argument is the dline is so putrid this year that the rest of the defense is covering for them.

3 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

I think my argument is the dline is so putrid this year that the rest of the defense is covering for them.

But are they really? On a lot of the bad runs given up I see bad angles by secondary guys and OLBs (the smiths) crashing down soooo bad ala the Clay Matthews special.

Also as much as we love Barnes and Martin... I forget who did the break downs of the tape but it shows how the young guys are missing their fits.

The scary issue is that the defense is screwing up at all levels at different times/games. 

On 11/1/2020 at 4:50 AM, Mr Anonymous said:

I have to believe Breshad Perriman could be had for a conditional 7th round pick. Size, speed, deep play threat that would take the place of MVS in the lineup. Jets signed him to a 1-year deal to replace Robby Anderson within hours after Anderson signed with Carolina. Perriman finished strong with the Bucs last year filling the Mike Evans role after Evans went down. In his final 5 games last year with the increased role, Perriman caught 25 passes for 506 yards and 5 TDs. He's out this week with a concussion, but assuming he's healthy otherwise, it's a pretty low risk, low cost acquisition that would certainly be better than doing nothing.

Looked pretty spry catching that 50 yard TD against the Pats just now.

2 hours ago, Green19 said:

But are they really? On a lot of the bad runs given up I see bad angles by secondary guys and OLBs (the smiths) crashing down soooo bad ala the Clay Matthews special.

Also as much as we love Barnes and Martin... I forget who did the break downs of the tape but it shows how the young guys are missing their fits.

The scary issue is that the defense is screwing up at all levels at different times/games. 

OMG ... you don't think the D line is a problem?  The linebackers are young and some of the mistakes are/can be expected.  No such thing for the DL.  They need help in the worst way and it didn't happen.  The D needs to get aggressive and that starts with Pettine and his scheme. 

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

OMG ... you don't think the D line is a problem?  The linebackers are young and some of the mistakes are/can be expected.  No such thing for the DL.  They need help in the worst way and it didn't happen.  The D needs to get aggressive and that starts with Pettine and his scheme. 

Never said they aren’t a problem. Comment was they are putrid. Which I challenged. Do I think they are world beaters? No. Do I think that group is putrid and the reason for all of the defensives issues? No.

I think the bigger issue is at different points of games each level of the defense has played poorly and done stupid mistakes. Which is scary for us fans... because it’s not just any one thing or any one player or any one position group.

Edited by Green19