Tyrod Taylor’s lung was punctured by team doctor

pwny

13 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I’m not a doctor, but your supposed to heal wounds, not cause them? Because if it’s the latter I think I dont want to be a doctor

That sounds naive to the extreme...

You do know doctors actually a lot of times do have to cause wounds to treat other wounds? And that there's always a risk involved in just about any procedure?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Lynn just announced Hebert will start week 3

Makes me wonder if this accidentally saves his job. If Herbert looks good and Tyrod comes back and starts in 2 weeks...

Part of me now wonders if Lynn was saying all this stuff this week about starting Tyrod because he knew Tyrod couldn't play, so he was just being respectful and giving Herbert a couple weeks to make it obvious that he is the starter. 

Edited by JBURGE

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

I feel like it should be Anthony Lynn’s last year. Not going for it on 4th and 1 in OT, throwing the rookie under the bus.

probably won’t Though because Herbert looks good 

Didn’t throw the rookie under the bus.

49 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Didn’t throw the rookie under the bus.

sure seemed like it. Seemed to blame him for offensive deficiencies, “he’s a backup for a reason” almost like the loss was on Herbert even though he was told he was starting minutes before kickoff

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

sure seemed like it. Seemed to blame him for offensive deficiencies, “he’s a backup for a reason” almost like the loss was on Herbert even though he was told he was starting minutes before kickoff

I think he was trying to defuse all the Herbert hype, which is a smart move at this point. 

And BTW Lynn does care to the extreme about his W/L ratio. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Don’t read into things without context. 

18 minutes ago, kramxel said:

I think he was trying to defuse all the Herbert hype, which is a smart move at this point. 

And BTW Lynn does care to the extreme about his W/L ratio. 

Yes to W/L but also turnovers. They drive him crazy. And I don’t blame him. We usually win when we do well with turnovers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Well, this totally explains why Lynn didn't say that Herbert earned the starting job. There would probably be (even more) legal liability if the team said that Tyrod lost a starting job because they stabbed him.

I imagine he can sue for all of his incentive bonuses and easily win the case because he's about to lose his job because the team doctor hurt him. 

10 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I imagine he can sue for all of his incentive bonuses and easily win the case because he's about to lose his job because the team doctor hurt him. 

If the doc doesn’t do the procedure...he misses 2-4 weeks while his ribs heal...and he loses his job. These procedures aren’t done on a whim. I’m sure that Tyrod knew the risk and benefits of the procedure. 

Cam Akers faces a similar scenario this week. Does he go with the block for the opportunity to grab the bull by the horns and win the RB job, or does he do it the old fashion way and potentially let Henderson get a head start. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

If the doc doesn’t do the procedure...he misses 2-4 weeks while his ribs heal...and he loses his job. These procedures aren’t done on a whim. I’m sure that Tyrod knew the risk and benefits of the procedure

I think we've becomed conditioned to think of these injuries as trivial, with how quickly these players come back. Reality is, these injuries are fairly catastrophic for the most part - the body isn't designed to withstand this sort of damage, it needs significant time to recover to optimal condition. 

The rub here is that football players don't have months or years to recover - weeks, days is more like it. So, doctors and trainers have cheats and shortcuts that'll they'll take to get players game ready. As much as we think these things are fail proof, they're very unnatural in the grander scheme of things, and the risk for furthering injury is always present.

• Like 2