Week Three Recap: Pack Dat

mikebpackfan

Positives:

-I’m starting to think LaFleur is a very good coach

-Rodgers, except on all-MVS series, still looking special

-Jace and Lazard stepping up on offense

-Keke and Summers stepping up on defense

-The run defense wasn’t awful ALL the time. 
-Jaire defending the pass

- Three and 0

Negatives:

-The Zebras

-the pass rush was pretty anemic for the most part

-more damn injuries (Gary, Kirksey)

Godawfulness:

-that Kamara swing pass TD. God, I hope they show the defense that play 736 times this week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Tight ends: Bobby T, Marcedes, and JACE! combined for 9-104-2, which is probably the best production we've  had from the position in a single game for like a decade. 

You can get a GOAT like Kelce and Kittle, which is def great. I feel like we have a very good TE room that will rotate. I even like the Deguara pick. We are kind of a stealthy offense...

20 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Good to see the old man get one... push off or not... Lewis has been big for this team!

Live, it looked like a push off.  On replay, it looked like a proper no-call.  I would say the same thing about the Jamaal Williams horsecollar penalty.  That looked like a horsecollar live, but on replay, it looked like it shouldn't have been called.  The refs had problems all night.

• Like 3

A very big win, showing we can do it in different ways with different guys. The defense had some inexcusable breakdowns and if we had lost, that’s the only thing  that would stick, but they responded with timely plays and tackles after getting backhanded and losing players. I still believe there can be some soul searching over the early bye to get them playing stronger and more consistently.

Take this win and enjoy it, this team looks like a contender. In a game that can give and take away everything in a single week, let’s keep this momentum going!

None of the players could keep up with Kamara, the rest of the defense didn't look too bad (I mean, other than the obvious that Clark is our run defense in the middle).

Brees only had 149 yards and 1 TD that didn't go to Kamara... now if their top WR is playing might be a different story, but same with our top WR and top NT.

Something to keep in mind with everyone upset with the defense... regardless what the chiefs and ravens do tomorrow the league is going thru it’s highest output of points for the first 3 weeks of a season.

All defenses are giving up points this year early.

Will be interesting to see if this continues.

Edited by Green19
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Live, it looked like a push off.  On replay, it looked like a proper no-call.  I would say the same thing about the Jamaal Williams horsecollar penalty.  That looked like a horsecollar live, but on replay, it looked like it shouldn't have been called.  The refs had problems all night.

I also thought he held onto Lewis when they were going horizontal, before he caught up to go vertical, and I thought it was a push off, so I thought it was two penalties on the same two players interacting, but as you said, on reply didn't look like Lewis pushed off much.

Also the Ervin PI play, I thought that was great acting by him and it shouldn't of been call, but reply at a different angle showed there was more contact than I could see, though I still think he added a little extra theatrics to it, spinning a couple of times.

21 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Something to keep in mind with everyone upset with the defense... regardless what the chiefs and ravens do tomorrow the league is going thru it’s highest output of points for the first 3 weeks of a season.

All defenses are giving up points this year early.

Will be interesting to see if this continues.

It's all Pettine fault the entire league is giving up points! Lol

But seriously, just shows what fan noise and fan energy does for defensive players, they might have to change some of the rules if they had to go with no crowd for muliple seasons.