The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

3 hours ago, iknowcool said:

It is not discrediting him to say he's on a ridiculously talented team.

Why do people always think it has to be one or the other?  Brady is a great QB.  You could argue he's the greatest QB of all-time.  And yet, it can still be true the Bucs are an extremely well-built team.  They had a positive point differential last year (albeit barely) with the most turnover-prone QB the NFL had seen in years.  They had a dominant, absolutely dominant run defense that hasn't taken a step back this year.  And they have only gotten better all-around this year, and that includes signing Tom Brady.

I don't even know why this is something that is being contested.  It is not disrespect to Brady to say he's on a strong team.  You add any great QB to this team, especially one that limits turnovers unlike Jameis, and they are still a playoff team.  That ain't disrespect to Brady.  That's just the truth.  Like I said, nobody doubted the potential of the team.  It was all about if Brady and Arians would fit well together.  And every week, the offense seems to get stronger and stronger, and the defense is nasty.  If ya'll can't see that, then I don't think it's Brady "haters" that are the problem.  

Besides, it isn't like I'm leaving Brady out of the equation.  He is a big reason of why this team is stupid talented.  And why, if they don't win the Super Bowl, they should be disappointed.  They are going all-in on a championship with quite a few aging players.  If they don't win in the next 2 years, how can anyone look at it as anything but a massive failure?

Like do people consider someone a Kevin Durant hater or Steph Curry hater for saying those Warriors teams were downright filthy?  

Let me make this simple for you. The arguments against Brady that were left by certain people posting in this thread were that he was 

1. A system QB 

2. Belichick was the reason for his success 

As the cards stand now Brady is succeeding in a different system under a different coach. As the cards stand now Bill Belichick currently has a losing record as the Patriots head coach with out Brady. As the cards stand now a Bill Belichick went to the playoffs in NE 17 out of 18 times with Brady and 0 out of 2 soon to be 3 without him.

So I don’t really want to here the new excuse that he is on a stacked teams. The Bucs were 7-9 last year. He was added and they are now SB favorites. The Patriots were 5-11 and then 0-2 before he got there, they won a SB and never had a losing season until likely this year when he left after a 12-4 season and they are on track for their first losing season since 2000. 

The record speaks for itself. You can bring up as many excuses as you want, it’s the same story anyway you slice it. I’ve been on this site since this man was in his prime. Every question has been answered. 

Let's not play this game where Brady v. Belichick is purely a binary matter. The Pats are pretty bereft of talent right now, outside of a handful of positions. The true test of Belichick as a coach in Brady's absence will be how well he's able to rebuild the team from this point. They weren't exactly well-positioned to handle losing a QB of Brady's caliber, given the combination of a lack of offensive skill players, poor draft position, other players departing in FA, lack of cap space, and COVID opt-outs. 

2021 will be when the real test begins. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Starless said:

Let's not play this game where Brady v. Belichick is purely a binary matter. The Pats are pretty bereft of talent right now, outside of a handful of positions. The true test of Belichick as a coach in Brady's absence will be how well he's able to rebuild the team from this point. They weren't exactly well-positioned to handle losing a QB of Brady's caliber, given the combination of a lack of offensive skill players, poor draft position, other players departing in FA, lack of cap space, and COVID opt-outs. 

2021 will be when the real test begins. 

The covid opt outs are massively overrated In terms of the reasons why this team is bad this year. 

6 minutes ago, Starless said:

Yeah, losing Hightower was a massive blow. 

That’s it. You can say cannon but the offensive line is ranked top 5 according to Football outsiders and the Qbs have made it hard for them taking terrible sacks.

Were blaming this season on not having Patrick Chung Matt Lacrosse and Marquise Lee?  Really lol

Terrible  drafts over the last 5 years are now starting to come home to roost 

Edited by CP3MVP

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

Let me make this simple for you. The arguments against Brady that were left by certain people posting in this thread were that he was 

1. A system QB 

2. Belichick was the reason for his success 

As the cards stand now Brady is succeeding in a different system under a different coach. As the cards stand now Bill Belichick currently has a losing record as the Patriots head coach with out Brady. As the cards stand now a Bill Belichick went to the playoffs in NE 17 out of 18 times with Brady and 0 out of 2 soon to be 3 without him.

So I don’t really want to here the new excuse that he is on a stacked teams. The Bucs were 7-9 last year. He was added and they are now SB favorites. The Patriots were 5-11 and then 0-2 before he got there, they won a SB and never had a losing season until likely this year when he left after a 12-4 season and they are on track for their first losing season since 2000. 

The record speaks for itself. You can bring up as many excuses as you want, it’s the same story anyway you slice it. I’ve been on this site since this man was in his prime. Every question has been answered. 

Bruh what are yall talking about

Bucs being extremely talented & Brady being great can both be true. 

Where have I tried to take away from what Brady accomplished?  What did Belichick have to do with anything I said?  

This is such a ridiculous debate.  Bucs are quite clearly an extremely talented team and yes Brady is included in that.  Ya’ll just seem obsessed with taking that as a slight towards Brady. I literally couldn’t care less where he’s ranked all-time.

Edited by iknowcool

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Bruh what are yall talking about

Bucs being extremely talented & Brady being great can both be true. 

Where have I tried to take away from what Brady accomplished?  What did Belichick have to do with anything I said?  

This is such a ridiculous debate.  Bucs are quite clearly an extremely talented team and yes Brady is included in that.  Ya’ll just seem obsessed with taking that as a slight towards Brady. I literally couldn’t care less where he’s ranked all-time.

Okay let’s put this in perspective. The Bucs were a losing team last year. The Bucs have had more injuries with Evans and Godwin this year and lost Vita Vea. They are now a winning team that is expected to be a Super Bowl contender. 

1 minute ago, JPPT1974 said:

Tom Brady really has shown why the Patriot should never had gotten rid of him.

Honestly it was better for him. He could have likely dragged us to the playoffs, but it would have been more of last year. He’d go up against really good teams that he couldn’t take control of the game on because of what he was working with. Brady was throwing the same dimes last year as this year, he just didn’t have people who could make plays on the ball and bring them in. 

Edited by lancerman
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Okay let’s put this in perspective. The Bucs were a losing team last year. The Bucs have had more injuries with Evans and Godwin this year and lost Vita Vea. They are now a winning team that is expected to be a Super Bowl contender. 

Okay... what does that have to do with the Bucs being an extremely talented team?

Do you even know the post I initially responded to?  Yes, Brady has played a big role in them being a contender.  Never suggested otherwise. My whole point was the Bucs are a really talented team who have clearly went all-in on a short window and anything less than a ring is a disappointment.

It literally makes no sense why ya’ll are so offended about that. Brady can be a great QB and the Bucs can be a really talented team.  Like what the hell lol is it a slight against Joe Montana to say those 49ers teams were loaded?

Edited by iknowcool

44 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

But bet. Since this is all Brady, I’ll make sure to place 100% of the blame on him when they lose in playoffs.

You don't think they're good enough to win the NFC right now? Because after watching them shut down the Packers, I expect them to win it going away. 

4 minutes ago, Starless said:

You don't think they're good enough to win the NFC right now? Because after watching them shut down the Packers, I expect them to win it going away. 

Nah I was just messing around. I think they will, they definitely gotta be the favorites anyway.  As long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot.

At their peak, I can't think of an NFC team that matches up well with them.  Seahawks defense is awful, and it would be a lot to ask of Russ for him to win the game on his arm given their run game would likely get shut down.  Saints beat them in Week 1, but Brady has gotten better every single week, and in that game the Saints only ran for 82 yards.  Another situation where I think you are asking a lot of Brees to win the game on his arm, especially come postseason time.  Not that they aren't capable, but the Bucs are tough.  Not to mention, neither of their pass defenses would match-up well with AB/Evans/Godwin.

Rams... ehhhh.  Donald could dominate the LOS, giving Brady fits, and they have a stud in Ramsey that could help alleviate the pain of facing their trio of receivers.  Just not sure how much I trust their offense in that game.  

49ers if healthy would have been a good match-up.  They would probably have the best chance of running on the Bucs, and had a good enough front four to pressure Brady.  But alas.

They dominated the Packers.  And yeah things could play out differently next time, but they usually don't.  At least from what my time watching the NFL has told me.  

Not saying they are unbeatable.  Bears did it (albeit Bucs were without Godwin, and didn't have AB at this point), and they definitely have the defense to slow down the Bucs.  But they will control so many of the key match-ups against any team they play in the NFC that it will likely take either an elite performance from the opposing QB (obviously possible given how good Wilson/Brees/Rodgers are, but you hate to have to rely on that in a game) or the Bucs making self-inflicted wounds.  But the Bucs QB is Tom Brady... so that probably isn't going to happen.  

I like some AFC teams against them though. Maybe not to win, but I think overall the top AFC teams fare much better match-up wise than those in the NFC.  Chiefs can match-up with anyone, obviously.  And if any team can harass Brady in the pocket, its the Steelers.  Ravens/Bucs would be interesting.  I usually trust the great run defense more in a match-up against a great run offense, but you never know with the Ravens.  And they have the personnel on defense to mess with the Bucs offense.

On 10/27/2020 at 10:13 PM, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I love how Brady still gets all the credit despite having another top-10 scoring defense on this side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SxpiE0_FNY

Also, this is funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwSYD0UEwGk

Here we go.

I suppose we should give you credit for putting up with it for this long, to be fair.

It's going to be ok.