The Tom Brady Thread

BayRaider

I find it laughable that Chris Simms comes out and cries about Brady having all the talent and Rodgers having nothing, so Edelman, Hogan and Amendola were better than Davante, Lazard, and MVS? This dude like many other Brady haters has a list of excuses for Rodgers the guy who is 1-4 in championship games but when it comes to Brady "oh he's only winning because of others on his team" or like it was in New England for 20 years "it's all Bill." Give it up lmao. 

People need to seriously grow up 10 Superbowls in 19 seasons he's been a starting QB that's just insane, and he could honestly get back again next year I mean Brees is done and the Saints are -95 mil into there cap space, Russ and the Seahawks have there own problems, 49ers whose their QB, Rams once again Jared Goff ain't scaring no one, the Packers get pushed around against teams that are more physical than them he could seriously go on a 3 year run here of getting to the Superbowl and I will not be surprised.

Now he's also accomplished what many people discredited him for his entire career. "All he has to do is win an easy division get a bye and then win 2 home playoff games and go to the superbowl." First off that argument itself is flawed you don't just gain the #1 or #2 seed easily like come on lmao but all that talk about Brady being trash on the road... He's 7-4 on the road and has the most road playoff wins now tied with Joe Flacco. 

• Like 1

I laughed so hard when I first read this yesterday the man who has made a career out of diminishing Brady finally gave it up. Yet Chris Simms still wants to sit there and hate I can't tell if Chris Simms hates Brady more or loves Aaron Rodgers more. No other player would get defended like Rodgers is for being 1-4 in the championship game, he literally had 3 chances to go up in the second half and he couldn't do it. Stop the hate and realize that Brady is just better than Rodgers don't give me this BS he's more talented so if that's what we're going to base it off and not winning we should just have friendly contests and not declare a winner and loser. Sports is about WINNING and LOSING, what makes you great is WINNING, not throwing a more beautiful spiral or a deeper football. 

At the end of the day Brady has been to 10 Superbowls twice as many as the next closest QB, that is why he is the greatest of all time, stop saying with the BS of there's "better QBs" NO THERE ISN'T NOBODY HAS WON LIKE BRADY. 

44 minutes ago, JohnCena said:

I laughed so hard when I first read this yesterday the man who has made a career out of diminishing Brady finally gave it up. Yet Chris Simms still wants to sit there and hate I can't tell if Chris Simms hates Brady more or loves Aaron Rodgers more. No other player would get defended like Rodgers is for being 1-4 in the championship game, he literally had 3 chances to go up in the second half and he couldn't do it. Stop the hate and realize that Brady is just better than Rodgers don't give me this BS he's more talented so if that's what we're going to base it off and not winning we should just have friendly contests and not declare a winner and loser. Sports is about WINNING and LOSING, what makes you great is WINNING, not throwing a more beautiful spiral or a deeper football. 

At the end of the day Brady has been to 10 Superbowls twice as many as the next closest QB, that is why he is the greatest of all time, stop saying with the BS of there's "better QBs" NO THERE ISN'T NOBODY HAS WON LIKE BRADY. 

Simms is the worst. He’s always subtly took shots at Brady. I don’t know but it feels he’s got some some sort gripe with him. 

It’s funny hearing people downplay Brady with Bucs. As if this year suddenly is the reason people are calling him the GOAT. This is just icing on the cake and further cements it. You had many in the off-season claiming Brady will be exposed and the Bucs will go 8-8. Were they not a talented team then? New team, HC, pandemic year, no training camp and the dude put up 40TDs, and is playing in the SB at 43yo. You know you’re the GOAT when people put you at standards like they do.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RUGmen said:

Simms is the worst. He’s always subtly took shots at Brady. I don’t know but it feels he’s got some some sort gripe with him. 

It’s funny hearing people downplay Brady with Bucs. As if this year suddenly is the reason people are calling him the GOAT. This is just icing on the cake and further cements it. You had many in the off-season claiming Brady will be exposed and the Bucs will go 8-8. Were they not a talented team then? New team, HC, pandemic year, no training camp and the dude put up 40TDs, and is playing in the SB at 43yo. You know you’re the GOAT when people put you at standards like they do.

Yep, I mean I think maybe a few picked em to go to the SB in that preseason thread, but for the most part people thought it wouldn't be enough, or he didn't have enough left to make it with the bucs.  Now people are saying it's just cause his team was stacked? 

1 hour ago, JohnCena said:

I find it laughable that Chris Simms comes out and cries about Brady having all the talent and Rodgers having nothing, so Edelman, Hogan and Amendola were better than Davante, Lazard, and MVS? This dude like many other Brady haters has a list of excuses for Rodgers the guy who is 1-4 in championship games but when it comes to Brady "oh he's only winning because of others on his team" or like it was in New England for 20 years "it's all Bill." Give it up lmao. 

People need to seriously grow up 10 Superbowls in 19 seasons he's been a starting QB that's just insane, and he could honestly get back again next year I mean Brees is done and the Saints are -95 mil into there cap space, Russ and the Seahawks have there own problems, 49ers whose their QB, Rams once again Jared Goff ain't scaring no one, the Packers get pushed around against teams that are more physical than them he could seriously go on a 3 year run here of getting to the Superbowl and I will not be surprised.

Now he's also accomplished what many people discredited him for his entire career. "All he has to do is win an easy division get a bye and then win 2 home playoff games and go to the superbowl." First off that argument itself is flawed you don't just gain the #1 or #2 seed easily like come on lmao but all that talk about Brady being trash on the road... He's 7-4 on the road and has the most road playoff wins now tied with Joe Flacco. 

Who cares what Simms thinks? He accomplished nothing in the NFL and probably had his brain scrambled along with his spleen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, biggie. said:

Who cares what Simms thinks? He accomplished nothing in the NFL and probably had his brain scrambled along with his spleen.

Simms is one of those individuals that will spend a few months being normal and suckering some people who never heard of him in saying “I don’t get why people don’t like Chris Simms, he has good takes”. 

Then he has a complete clown take 

On 1/25/2021 at 5:42 AM, ILoveTheVikings said:

Is it possible that BB held Brady back? Seeing what he just did at 43 raises that question

On 10/5/2020 at 2:22 PM, Starless said:

By the end of the year, the narrative will shift to, "Belichick's conservative offensive philosophy kept Brady from ever truly reaching his full potential."

🧐

• Like 1

Living in the UK, I can’t get my head around the concept of these US sporting talk show ‘personalities’ and how much coverage they get! Max Kellerman, Chris Simms, Skip Bayless etc etc. Who are these people and why does anyone care what they think?

Of course we have similar type shows over here but 99% of the time it’s at least former players and managers, not seemingly just some random guy off the street getting paid to shout at the screen.

Kellermen finally owning up admitting he was wrong that Brady declined and his arm declined. Jeeze, how hard was that Max? It took a Super Bowl appearance and a Top 5 Placement in MVP to admit you’re wrong?

We’re all wrong in life and honestly, no one cares, just own up to it. 

1 hour ago, JonMcC2018 said:

Living in the UK, I can’t get my head around the concept of these US sporting talk show ‘personalities’ and how much coverage they get! Max Kellerman, Chris Simms, Skip Bayless etc etc. Who are these people and why does anyone care what they think?

Of course we have similar type shows over here but 99% of the time it’s at least former players and managers, not seemingly just some random guy off the street getting paid to shout at the screen.

Fans like validation and there are a lot of fans for years who were married to the belief that someone besides Brady was better but wasn’t getting the same chances because they didn’t have some magical coach or system. So there was always a market to say “you know Tom Brady is really a mirage, he’s not as good as his results indicate”.

Its designed for the same people that make clown takes like “Rodgers and Manning would have 10 Super Bowls with Bill Belichick”.