Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

39 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm not sure I agree that is "results suck" if you look at his drafting and FA history:

Khalil Mack, Roquan Smith, Eddie Goldman, Cody Whitehair, James Daniels, David Montgomery, Nick Kwiatkoski, Eddie Jackson, Tarik Cohen (debatable), Adrian Amos, Bilal Nichols, Jordan Howard (for a few seasons, anyway), Danny Trevathan, Akiem Hicks, Allen Robinson, Cordarrelle Patterson.

Kevin White and Mitchell Trubisky were his two biggest picks and both were big flops.

He also traded up to get Leonard Floyd who he let go for what is looking like a mega bust in Robert Quinn.

When you're picking in the top 10 in 4 out of your 6 years as GM and all you have to show for it is a pretty good LB in Roquan Smith that's not very encouraging 

And don't tell me about Khalil Mack for the other two firsts. Thats not the point

Edited by topwop1

26 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm not sure I agree that is "results suck" if you look at his drafting and FA history:

Khalil Mack, Roquan Smith, Eddie Goldman, Cody Whitehair, James Daniels, David Montgomery, Nick Kwiatkoski, Eddie Jackson, Tarik Cohen (debatable), Adrian Amos, Bilal Nichols, Jordan Howard (for a few seasons, anyway), Danny Trevathan, Akiem Hicks, Allen Robinson, Cordarrelle Patterson.

Anyone could have found Mack. Remove him and that list looks pretty underwhelming. It's mostly JAGs with a few who are more.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Yeah he's actually been good with later round picks and found some stars, however it's all wasted since he missed on QB and then doubled down on said QB with the way he's built this team. It's not OK. 

2 hours ago, G08 said:

Fox wasn't long for this job, I think he knew that as well. He was an A to B guy.

The biggest issue is that Pace fell in love with a QB who is not a fit for Matt Nagy's offense, and Matt Nagy either didn't know how to adjust or flat-out refused to adjust.

What I saw last week was more in tune with what I feel Trubisky excels at: emphasis on the run and you build play-action and boots/waggles off it.

Is it too little too late? I don't know... but again, if we finish 9-7 or even 8-8 I don't know if I see Pace/Nagy getting fired. That's just my gut, not necessarily what I want.

If you area going to fire an employee and he knows it, you don't keep him around for another year.  

Bad management.  

12 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If you area going to fire an employee and he knows it, you don't keep him around for another year.  

Bad management.  

I get your point "in the real world", but it's pretty moot when you're looking at millions of dollars.

This is discussion is exactly why Pace should be fired.  He completely messed up the 2017 offseason from a management and operational standpoint. Which has set this franchise back years.  He should have fired fox the 2017 offseason and brought in a coach to coach his legacy QB pick.  He made a horrible trade when everyone (except pace) knew the 49ers weren’t going to take a QB.  Finally he picked the wrong guy.      

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

This is discussion is exactly why Pace should be fired.  He completely messed up the 2017 offseason from a management and operational standpoint. Which has set this franchise back years.  He should have fired fox the 2017 offseason and brought in a coach to coach his legacy QB pick.  He made a horrible trade when everyone (except pace) knew the 49ers weren’t going to take a QB.  Finally he picked the wrong guy.      

There's so many available excuses for his supporters

He sucked in 2015, 2016 and 2017 because Emery left a mess. He sucks in 2019 and 2020 because of the Mack trade from the summer of 2018. 

Definitely deserves a 7th year!

17 hours ago, G08 said:

I get your point "in the real world", but it's pretty moot when you're looking at millions of dollars.

Results are still same.   You also have millions in revenue to pay them.   Don’t make decisions you can’t afford.   If you don’t want to keep a coach 5 years, don’t give him a 5 year contract or put in option in 5th year or something.   Or simply be willing to eat it.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Leonard Floyd now has more sacks (8) than Khalil Mack and Robert Quinn (7.5) this year.

When Pace sets out to improve the pass rush he ...

I mean come on. Every single one of us wanted nothing to do with Floyd after last season. 

• Like 1