Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

13 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Speaking of Mack - his production is down again this year and he's on pace for his lowest sack and pressure totals since his rookie season.

You almost wonder if injuries are catching up to him. The rumors were he played most of 2019 with a neck issue, and he's been on the injury report a few times this year for knee, back and now shoulder issues

4 hours ago, G08 said:

I mean come on. Every single one of us wanted nothing to do with Floyd after last season. 

Not me. I wanted him to stay but I'll also admit I was happy when they signed Quinn.

What I  think the team needs to do for next season in order  to try and squeeze out any value they have left in these highly paid defensive players is to not only get a new HC but also a new DC who brings a better defensive scheme to take advtange of these guys' strengths.

I remember there being a lot of talk prior to the season that there was buyer beware with Quinn since he never really did well in a 3-4 defense like the one Pagano runs here. 

Well now it's pretty obvious it was a bad fit. That or he is playing with some undisclosed injury...which could be the case since he missed a good portion of training camp and the beginning of the season.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Well now it's pretty obvious it was a bad fit. That or he is playing with some undisclosed injury...which could be the case since he missed a good portion of training camp and the beginning of the season.

He was quoted as saying this has been an odd acclimation process for him due to the pandemic, mentioned that usually he likes hanging around the locker room talking to guys. He likes to get to know them, etc. This year he said everything feels off.

Does that translate to his struggles on the field? I don't know.

3 hours ago, G08 said:

He was quoted as saying this has been an odd acclimation process for him due to the pandemic, mentioned that usually he likes hanging around the locker room talking to guys. He likes to get to know them, etc. This year he said everything feels off.

Does that translate to his struggles on the field? I don't know.

Who knows but we've seen Robert Quinn play at a very high level for more than one season in the past.

It's not as if it's a stretch to say that he can and likely will rebound to produce better results for this team next season under a new DC

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Who knows but we've seen Robert Quinn play at a very high level for more than one season in the past.

It's not as if it's a stretch to say that he can and likely will rebound to produce better results for this team next season under a new DC

Or... he is an aging player who has started to decline and a textbook example of why don’t do 3 year guarantees for guys over 30 and switching systems.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Or... he is an aging player who has started to decline and a textbook example of why don’t do 3 year guarantees for guys over 30 and switching systems.

No argument on that. It was a bad signing in hindsight but I still think Quinn can and will be alot better than he's showed his 1st season with this team..even is he is on the decline.

He was a force just 1 season ago for Dallas. You can't tell me a guy declines that much in a matter of a few months. 

5 hours ago, topwop1 said:

No argument on that. It was a bad signing in hindsight but I still think Quinn can and will be alot better than he's showed his 1st season with this team..even is he is on the decline.

He was a force just 1 season ago for Dallas. You can't tell me a guy declines that much in a matter of a few months. 

It's a classic case of Bears misusing their assets.

8 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I think when a guy gets his final big pay day the decline can be as much mental as physical 

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think when a guy gets his final big pay day the decline can be as much mental as physical 

We'll see. This has been a very weird year to say the least. I would like to think the guy has some personal pride and doesn't want to be known as a guy who just got paid and mailed it in.

18 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Also why you need to keep your draft picks and continuously build your roster.

JA and Pace both went all in with draft picks and got burned. 

Peter King thinks that Pace (one year left on deal) might be gone and Nagy would remain.

Curious if Ted Phillips retires or 'moves' to another 'role' and then someone like Rick Smith or John Dorsey comes in to work with Nagy (two years left on deal).

That could placate the fanbase by "changing organizational structure" while saving $$$ by keeping Nagy (King thinks that even if Nagy is let go, he'll get another gig at some point in his career).

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Peter King thinks that Pace (one year left on deal) might be gone and Nagy would remain.

Curious if Ted Phillips retires or 'moves' to another 'role' and then someone like Rick Smith or John Dorsey comes in to work with Nagy (two years left on deal).

That could placate the fanbase by "changing organizational structure" while saving $$$ by keeping Nagy (King thinks that even if Nagy is let go, he'll get another gig at some point in his career).

I think this scenario makes sense, moreso if they hire Riddick. IIRC Nagy and Riddick are close. I could see Riddick throwing him a bone and allowing him to stay, perhaps with an understanding that someone else calls plays for all 16 games and that Riddick's say is final in the draft room

1 hour ago, G08 said:

If so sign me up for trading back and at least once and potentially skipping QB in the 1st and 2nd. Get promising talent at OT, try to add an EDGE to hopefully take over for Quinn's corpse when he can be cut, a WR, whatever.

We had a QB get picked and a year of development wasted under a dead fish HC, and then the new HC "inherited" the guy. Let's not repeat that so quickly. Stock up for the new HC and QB in 2022.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

If so sign me up for trading back and at least once and potentially skipping QB in the 1st and 2nd. Get promising talent at OT, try to add an EDGE to hopefully take over for Quinn's corpse when he can be cut, a WR, whatever.

We had a QB get picked and a year of development wasted under a dead fish HC, and then the new HC "inherited" the guy. Let's not repeat that so quickly. Stock up for the new HC and QB in 2022.

that's what i would be worried about - it's clear we need a new QB, but if pace goes and nagy stays, then nagy picks the new qb (aka foles) and nagy gets fired, then the new coach is stuck with whoever nagy picked. I'd much rather completely clear house if they decide to take a qb in the top 2 rounds