Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

11 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I can’t be on board with Pace making decisions cap wise and draft pick wise for years he is unlikely to be here for

I don't like it one bit myself. I'm simply saying that it's now looking likely that everybody stays. I'm holding out hope that ownership makes Phillips and Pace the fall guys (which is sort of my best case scenario right now)...but we'll see what happens. 

13 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I can’t be on board with Pace making decisions cap wise and draft pick wise for years he is unlikely to be here for

Exactly why we need a new president that is a football guy. He can work with Pace and Nagy and out the final approval or denial on moves that reflect 2022 and beyond, especially if it involves picks. 

If they are 1 year deals or have minimal dead cap to cut in 2022, then let Pace go ham. 

That or just start fresh completely. 

• Like 1

I haven’t read every page of this thread, so maybe this has been brought up previously. 

I am of the school of thought that Nagy and Pace have done some things well, but not well enough to warrant any additional time. We know what they are capable of, we know what the product looks like.

If I am the McCaskeys, I am hiring Louis Riddick as GM. And if I am Louis Riddick, I am calling Josh McCown as a serious contender to be my head coach.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I haven’t read every page of this thread, so maybe this has been brought up previously. 

I am of the school of thought that Nagy and Pace have done some things well, but not well enough to warrant any additional time. We know what they are capable of, we know what the product looks like.

If I am the McCaskeys, I am hiring Louis Riddick as GM. And if I am Louis Riddick, I am calling Josh McCown as a serious contender to be my head coach.

It's weird.

The one constant we've been accustomed to (tortured by) over the years is that if you can count on the McCaskeys to do anything--it's generally something absolutely stupid.

I've voiced my opinion that the fact the football media is now intrigued by the Bears, and saying complimentary things (although generally within a hypothetical context) about them, especially Trubisky, that the McCaskeys are now happy. We'll see, but I think that's a safe bet. They've calmed down.

The reports, not long ago, suggested that George was pissed. And it was a playoffs or bust scenario sort of deal going on. So...who knows? If the Bears DON'T make the playoffs, any reasonable football mind should be calling for wholesale change. But I'm not certain we're discussing reasonable people, let alone football minds, here. And that's ridiculous. 

I'm with you, and all in, on Louis Riddick. If it were up to me, he'd ALREADY be the GM...

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

My parents never saw their investment in me pay off, so good luck seeing yours. 

They had higher expectations. I’ll take anything positive at this point. 

Becoming a moderator on a forum site filled with decrepit and damaged men set you back a ways. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

The reports, not long ago, suggested that George was pissed. And it was a playoffs or bust scenario sort of deal going on. So...who knows? If the Bears DON'T make the playoffs, any reasonable football mind should be calling for wholesale change. But I'm not certain we're discussing reasonable people, let alone football minds, here. And that's ridiculous. 

What do you mean by this? (I don't wanna jump to conclusions) 

14 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

14 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It's weird.

The one constant we've been accustomed to (tortured by) over the years is that if you can count on the McCaskeys to do anything--it's generally something absolutely stupid.

I've voiced my opinion that the fact the football media is now intrigued by the Bears, and saying complimentary things (although generally within a hypothetical context) about them, especially Trubisky, that the McCaskeys are now happy. We'll see, but I think that's a safe bet. They've calmed down.

I'm with you, and all in, on Louis Riddick. If it were up to me, he'd ALREADY be the GM...

I'm not sure of this to be 109% accurate, but Riddick seems to get 2+ interviews per year and never gets hired, which means he's either being the whipping boy of the Rooney Rule (and that's another conversation) and/or he just isn't as impressive as we all think. Don't you think if he was a great, slam dunk candidate he would've been hired a year or two ago? 

And FWIW I was all aboard the Riddick train a month or so ago, but perhaps he just isn't interviewing well enough and his draft & free agent philosophies are crap

40 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

What do you mean by this? (I don't wanna jump to conclusions) 

The McCaskeys are idiots.

32 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not sure of this to be 109% accurate, but Riddick seems to get 2+ interviews per year and never gets hired, which means he's either being the whipping boy of the Rooney Rule (and that's another conversation) and/or he just isn't as impressive as we all think. Don't you think if he was a great, slam dunk candidate he would've been hired a year or two ago? 

And FWIW I was all aboard the Riddick train a month or so ago, but perhaps he just isn't interviewing well enough and his draft & free agent philosophies are crap

I wasn't aware that he had been through that many interviews, I guess. I know he just interviewed with the Lions. He comes off as extremely knowledgeable and sharp as hell on TV. Maybe there's something that isn't evident? To me, at least? I don't know. Maybe he's not as good of a candidate as I think he is. Chances are he'd still be better than Pace, though. 

20 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

20 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It's weird.

And this is why fans would make terrible GMs, what has either done to EARN a job?  

This idea that the Bears should make change for change is sake is a bad, bad take.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

And this is why fans would make terrible GMs, what has either done to EARN a job?  

So...GMs hire other GMs? That's interesting. Wow. You do understand that's not how it works, right?

And please explain just how GMs EARN their jobs. This will be fascinating.