Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

3 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Fire Nagy - obviously.

Then fire Pace, because he's responsible for hiring Nagy and for building this dumpster fire of a roster.

That bit is a hot take. The roster isn't a dumpster fire.

But Pace and Nagy should have ALREADY been fired. That much is clear. And was, right after last season ended...

• Like 2

Just now, abstract_thought said:
  • 30th in the league in OL spending
  • 32nd in the league in secondary spending
  • 8th in the league in WR spending (for what?)
  • Oldest roster in the league

I'll disagree with you as long as you want to have this argument. Fields may end up a bust, but there is a lot of talent on this roster. A lot. 

Pace still should have been fired months ago, however. 

6 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:
  • 30th in the league in OL spending
  • 32nd in the league in secondary spending
  • 8th in the league in WR spending (for what?)
  • Oldest roster in the league

Well at least the top two make sense.

I'd much rather have them be playing this way while being paid so little rather than have huge spending with this production - like EDGE last year.

I've been banging the drum for Nagy to be fired for over 2 years now.

You know when sometimes you just know? Well it amazes me that as a fan I could see this coming a long time ago but yet the leaders of a multi billion dollar founding franchise in one of the biggest global sports leagues could not.

That is what is frustrating to me. These guys are all incompetent losers.  The only one who I think has half a brain is Pace yet I'm good with just starting clean with everyone.

Seriously just put Dalton back in, keep Fields healthy  and start the countdown to Nagy's firing since we all know it won't happen in season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Well at least the top two make sense.

I'd much rather have them be playing this way while being paid so little rather than have huge spending with this production - like EDGE last year.

It was clear as early as 2018 that this type of team would not win a Super Bowl. Pace's response to this was to build lesser versions of that team for 4 years and watch the results get worse.

At some point, as a GM, your team's results speak for themselves.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I'll disagree with you as long as you want to have this argument. Fields may end up a bust, but there is a lot of talent on this roster. A lot. 

Pace still should have been fired months ago, however. 

1) If there's a lot of talent, why should Pace be fired?

2) Who do you think is "a lot of talent?"

20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I've been banging the drum for Nagy to be fired for over 2 years now.

You know when sometimes you just know? Well it amazes me that as a fan I could see this coming a long time ago but yet the leaders of a multi billion dollar founding franchise in one of the biggest global sports leagues could not.

That is what is frustrating to me. These guys are all incompetent losers.  The only one who I think has half a brain is Pace yet I'm good with just starting clean with everyone.

Seriously just put Dalton back in, keep Fields healthy  and start the countdown to Nagy's firing since we all know it won't happen in season.

In 2019 I made a post on here that his actions, words and coaching reminded me of Trestman and I got reemed. And now??

36 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That bit is a hot take. The roster isn't a dumpster fire.

But Pace and Nagy should have ALREADY been fired. That much is clear. And was, right after last season ended...

Then why weren't they when the year ended?

Oh, because the 4 stooges got together and COLLABORATED

Just now, beardown3231 said:

If there's a lot of talent, why should Pace be fired?

Because there isn't enough

And because Pace clung to the pipedream of Trubisky being a franchise quarterback for FAR too long? And it's crippled this franchise ever since? 

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Because ownership and upper level management are incompetent? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Because there isn't enough

And because Pace clung to the pipedream of Trubisky being a franchise quarterback for FAR too long? And it's crippled this franchise ever since? 

Because ownership and upper level management are incompetent? 

He clung to Trubisky for 3 years. Bringing in Foles last year symbolized the end.

If a GM has brought in a lot of talent, you keep him, you don't fire him. I think Pace has done a very overrated job. His drafts have been below average and the vast majority of his hits have been for solid pieces, not core players.

I agree he sucks too. I just think your reasons for wanting him fired are odd.

BTW, if upper management stunk in January, won't they still be incompetent this January?

3 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

For all those who want to separate Pace’s failures from Nagy’s - remember that Pace hired Nagy, Pace continues to bring him back, and Pace has built a roster to Nagy’s vision.

I think Nagy's vision was a bit blurry... maybe from low blood pressure.

He might be a diabetic and not even know it!

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

1) If there's a lot of talent, why should Pace be fired?

2) Who do you think is "a lot of talent?"

In 2019 I made a post on here that his actions, words and coaching reminded me of Trestman and I got reemed. And now??

Oh, because the 4 stooges got together and COLLABORATED

I was right there with you from the start bro. I never really liked the Nagy hire as soon as it was announced.

I continued to remain skeptical and the warning signs were evident over the past few seasons that this guy is in way over his head.

Again it pisses me off that I could see this but yet the Bears ownership and people who make the big decisions (cough Pace) cannot or just refuse to accept it

How many more chances are they going to give this twerp to show he's not capable of running an NFL offense and at what expense.. their prized rookie QB who they traded up to get and invested a lot of draft capital in?

I swear if Nagy ruins this kid I'm never cheering for this team again

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 2

The one damning thing going against Nagy is all the former and current Bears players who think so little of him.

The signs have been there for a while now. For example Kyle Long &  Mitch Trubisky's low blows, Anthony Miller & Nick Foles arguing with Nagy on the sideline last year and then a video surfaced today on the side lines with Foles caught saying to Dalton "this offense isnt working" and now Jimmy Graham retweeting messages on twitter on an article how the Bears offense is historically bad....

Surely management and/or ownership aren't oblivious enough to ignore these things are they?

• Like 4