Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

1.1 yards per play (2nd worst in 100 years)

47 yards

1 Net passing yard

This is the most pathetic offensive performance I have ever seen.

Like wise and like I said earlier coming from Bears fans that speaks volumes because we've witness countless and utterly poor offenses throughout the years 

Nagy just seems to be getting worse not better. To me that's a sign players are tuning him out 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

He clung to Trubisky for 3 years. Bringing in Foles last year symbolized the end.

If a GM has brought in a lot of talent, you keep him, you don't fire him. I think Pace has done a very overrated job. His drafts have been below average and the vast majority of his hits have been for solid pieces, not core players.

I agree he sucks too. I just think your reasons for wanting him fired are odd.

BTW, if upper management stunk in January, won't they still be incompetent this January?

I have no idea what point you're trying to make.

I also have no idea what confounds you about my position on these matters. 

Probably best if we simply move on. 

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

1.1 yards per play (2nd worst in 100 years)

47 yards

1 Net passing yard

This is the most pathetic offensive performance I have ever seen.

How is it historically? I haven't bothered to look it up. 

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

For all those who want to separate Pace’s failures from Nagy’s - remember that Pace hired Nagy, Pace continues to bring him back, and Pace has built a roster to Nagy’s vision.

I think everyone should ask what his vision is, because I'll I'm coming up with is Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys.

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You want him fired because you think he gave Trubisky too many years. Is 3 really too many? 

On the other hand, you say that they have "a lot" of talent. You even double downed and repeated "a lot." If they really have a lot of talent, I don't think I'd fire him (but I disagree that they have a lot of talent).

You said he didn't get fired because upper management is incompetent, but then you say he'll definitely get fired this offseason. Why? Upper management is the same collection of dopes

Edited by beardown3231

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It is the worst yard per play in 100 years and the fewest yards in a game by Cleveland since 1946

Edited by WindyCity
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

You want him fired because you think he gave Trubisky too many years. Is 3 really too many? 

Sort of.  Trubisky needed real competition. Not that it would have made him better, but there would have been an option.

I wanted to Pace to trade up and draft Love. Failing that, draft Eason and the best O Lineman available. Be proactive. 

On the other hand, you say that they have "a lot" of talent. You even double downed and repeated "a lot." If they really have a lot of talent, I don't think I'd fire him (but I disagree that they have a lot of talent).

I'll triple down and say, yet again, the Bears have a lot of talent. But they don't have enough. And Pace hired Nagy, and also ****ed up the salary cap. He deserves to be fired. 

How much talent do YOU think the team has? 

You said he didn't get fired because upper management is incompetent, but then you say he'll definitely get fired this offseason. Why? Upper management is the same collection of dopes

I didn't say Pace would definitely be fired this offseason. In fact, I said nothing even remotely close to that. Yet again, your reading comprehension needs some fine tuning. 

I have stated--REPEATEDLY--that unless the team completely falls apart, Nagy and Pace will be back next year. 

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It is the worst yard per play in 100 years and the fewest yards in a game by Cleveland since 1946

Wow. Not really surprised...but, wow. 

54 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Sort of.  Trubisky needed real competition. Not that it would have made him better, but there would have been an option.

I wanted to Pace to trade up and draft Love. Failing that, draft Eason and the best O Lineman available. Be proactive. 

I do agree. Ignoring obvious needs at OL and never taking a QB despite practically promising is mindblowing and fireable

I'll triple down and say, yet again, the Bears have a lot of talent. But they don't have enough. And Pace hired Nagy, and also ****ed up the salary cap. He deserves to be fired. 

How much talent do YOU think the team has? 

I don't think they have much. I think Mooney is one dimensional. I think Robinson is overrated. I think the OL isn't good. Graham sucks. Kmet is liked because he's big and handsome and from the area but he's not very good. Defensively they have talent with the exception of the secondary. I think a lot of Pace's backers say things like "look at his mid or late rounders" but in hindsight those guys have turned into decent players, not anyone worth building around.

I didn't say Pace would definitely be fired this offseason. In fact, I said nothing even remotely close to that. Yet again, your reading comprehension needs some fine tuning. 

My bad. I think someone else said both will be fired at this rate and I tjought it was you. Again my bad

I have stated--REPEATEDLY--that unless the team completely falls apart, Nagy and Pace will be back next year. 

Wow. Not really surprised...but, wow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I've been banging the drum for Nagy to be fired for over 2 years now.

You know when sometimes you just know? Well it amazes me that as a fan I could see this coming a long time ago but yet the leaders of a multi billion dollar founding franchise in one of the biggest global sports leagues could not.

That is what is frustrating to me. These guys are all incompetent losers.  The only one who I think has half a brain is Pace yet I'm good with just starting clean with everyone.

Seriously just put Dalton back in, keep Fields healthy  and start the countdown to Nagy's firing since we all know it won't happen in season.

They aren't incompetent. They just don't really care as long as they are making money. There is no other way around it. You can't be this bad for this long if you are even remotely trying.

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

If the Chicago Bears organization has any semblance of self respect and ever hopes to make something out of Justin Fields then they will fire Nagy's *** as soon as possible. He's only going to do more harm than good and they're only delaying the inevitable.

That game against the Browns was about the worst offensive performance I've ever seen as a Bears fan and that's saying alot. Just a ******* huge embarssment and joke 

We all deserve better given the investment we put into this team

Couldn't say it any better. No fan should be paying to watch this product.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pool said:

They aren't incompetent. They just don't really care as long as they are making money. There is no other way around it. You can't be this bad for this long if you are even remotely trying.

They're incompetent. Bunch of weak men leading this organization who don't have the balls to make the proper decisions.

They always hire the wrong guys who won't give them any pushback instead of hiring the best and most skilled people available

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Nagy should be fired. That was a horrifically pathetic offensive showing.

Honestly, one of the worst offensive game plans and play calling showcases I have ever seen.

What I question is why when facing a defense with a great pass rush was there seemingly nothing in the game plan to counter it.  Nothing in the way of calls to take advantage of it.

This has been Nagy's problem all along.  He comes up with game plans and play calls that don't work and more often than not has no answer for them when they don't.  His way doesn't work.

He reminds me of whoever the builder was who designed and built this house.

0d1aa98386675b8fa275cdc3f5582936.jpg

1 hour ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Ok.... now im back after that depressimg game. Lock the fire matt nagy thread i made but i dont want Pace fired. Pace is not the issue at the burrning moment. His seat is hot IMO but Nagy is going to be the.... scape goat after this year.

Problem is if a HC comes here knowing Pace is on the hot seat then it also means he instantly is...that can't help...Pace needs to be fired or at least reassigned.

This is the kind of crap I'm sick and tired or reading.  It could just as easily be a quote from Nagy rather than Whitehair as the words sound all too familiar but nothing ever changes.

"This one hurts," said veteran Cody Whitehair. "It's not what we want obviously. The good thing is we have a bunch of hard working guys on the offensive line that know we are better than what we put out there today. We believe in our guys, we are going to get back out to work next week, make our corrections and move on from there."

What do these guys do all week that end up with the kind of play we saw yesterday.  That had to be the most useless effort by any Bears offensive line in their entire 100 year history.

IMHO 4 years of zero accountability for Nagy and his teams efforts is what as led to this.  As of today I don't see much of anything worth saving on the offensive side of the ball including Nagy.

Pace and GMcC may choose to be silent but fans and the media won't.  The "Twitterverse" believes Nagy should be fired now.  Piss on the season.  He isn't the guy to coach Fields.