Fire Pace and Nagy

beardown3231

Remember the 90s when if you didn't watch the Bears we won.  Seems like that's how it's been the last couple years.  Does Nagy even want to be here?  The so called QB whisperer ruined Trubisky, Foles sucked last year, Fields is a rookie and he's struggling.  We'll have to see how he develops over the next couple years. 

While I've heard rumors that Pace is safe, I'm not sure if I want him around either.  For five straight years he's traded up in the draft and given up a future pick as part of the deal.  You build teams mainly though the draft.  How can you build a quality team through the draft when you give your picks away like candy? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bowler1215 said:

Remember the 90s when if you didn't watch the Bears we won.  Seems like that's how it's been the last couple years.  Does Nagy even want to be here?  The so called QB whisperer ruined Trubisky, Foles sucked last year, Fields is a rookie and he's struggling.  We'll have to see how he develops over the next couple years. 

While I've heard rumors that Pace is safe, I'm not sure if I want him around either.  For five straight years he's traded up in the draft and given up a future pick as part of the deal.  You build teams mainly though the draft.  How can you build a quality team through the draft when you give your picks away like candy? 

The only time I agree with trading up is when it's for a QB and even then Pace has proven that he is not good at that give what happened Trubisky.

Obviously the jury is still out with Fields but early indication is that it's looking like another waste..and not because of the talent but because this cluster **** of an organization doesn't know wtf they are doing when it comes to building an offense 

• Like 2

I think it is safe to say now that Nagy has jumped the shark...I have been saying I felt his leadership and schemes were holding talent back for a while but now it has become more than that...he is making these players worse...you can see it in the body language...their faces...they are dejected and embarrassed at this point...guys who seemed to be on the up like Mooney drop an easy 3rd down catch...later in the game has another come off his hand that then becomes an INT...we have never seen hands issues like that from Mooney...Robinson has been on a downward spiral all season...how many times did the TV coverage show Fields sitting on the sideline with no coach near him? A rookie who is getting beat up and struggling and you don't have a coach right there for him to bounce off how he is feeling...how often did you see Fields with an ipad trying to see what went wrong?...the coaching on this team is so poor that these guys have zero chance of success.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think it is safe to say now that Nagy has jumped the shark...I have been saying I felt his leadership and schemes were holding talent back for a while but now it has become more than that...he is making these players worse...you can see it in the body language...their faces...they are dejected and embarrassed at this point...guys who seemed to be on the up like Mooney drop an easy 3rd down catch...later in the game has another come off his hand that then becomes an INT...we have never seen hands issues like that from Mooney...Robinson has been on a downward spiral all season...how many times did the TV coverage show Fields sitting on the sideline with no coach near him? A rookie who is getting beat up and struggling and you don't have a coach right there for him to bounce off how he is feeling...how often did you see Fields with an ipad trying to see what went wrong?...the coaching on this team is so poor that these guys have zero chance of success.

Reid was always next to Mahomes during his first year. Nagy just seems overwhelmed with his job. 

Lets fire him mid-season and give Lazier a shot.

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

Reid was always next to Mahomes during his first year. Nagy just seems overwhelmed with his job. 

Lets fire him mid-season and give Lazier a shot.

And then let's fire Lazor because he's nothing special & I'm tired of this awful organization settling for below average

As an organization, I feel we are in well over our heads. We are a .500 team if being generous. We simply were overmatched coming off an embarassing Packers loss and didn't have the morale to even score a TD.

We still have a ways to go before we can even implement a cogent offense like a better offensive line. Even then we still lack the offense to even score points.

The way I look at it, we will take another2-3 of drafting/free agency before we can even make any noise. I'd say fire Nagy and get a fresh new college coach in the model of Sean McVay for our organization going forward.

That being said, I'm also feeling the impact of losing Kyle Fuller when we're being demolished by these teams. We need some retooling all across the board.

The good news about this is that we were able to draft a QB this offseason, so it was going to be a couple of rebuilding years from the start.

12 hours ago, topwop1 said:

The only time I agree with trading up is when it's for a QB and even then Pace has proven that he is not good at that give what happened Trubisky.

Obviously the jury is still out with Fields but early indication is that it's looking like another waste..and not because of the talent but because this cluster **** of an organization doesn't know wtf they are doing when it comes to building an offense 

Starts with George. He really took over around Emery from my recollection and he has no idea what he’s doing.

Sad to say, but Lovie and JA were the golden age for the Bears in the 2000s.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

That being said, I'm also feeling the impact of losing Kyle Fuller when we're being demolished by these teams. We need some retooling all across the board.

The good news about this is that we were able to draft a QB this offseason, so it was going to be a couple of rebuilding years from the start.

Kyle fullers been preeeeeetty lousy this year lol 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I don’t stand for calling out Nagy’s leadership here. He really had it together yesterday in the locker room at halftime when he told his team we lost the game when it was only half over and to “not let it beat them four times”. I’m not entirely sure what that even meant. Don’t lose all four quarters? Don’t lose four total games in a row?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BACK2MACKSACK said:

Kyle Fuller sucks

3 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Starts with George. He really took over around Emery from my recollection and he has no idea what he’s doing.

Sad to say, but Lovie and JA were the golden age for the Bears in the 2000s.

George is a buffoon and lacks the alpha qualities one would expect of a leader of an organization.

He's too nice when it comes to letting incompetent people continue their work (i.e. not firing GMs/coaches midseason) and he also lacks the stones to make a hire of someone who will challenge him and everyone else in the organization in order to be successful.  See the Chris Ballard situation when they interviewed him for the GM role back in 2015 before giving the job to Pace.

Apparently Ballard wanted to change the power structure of things at Halas i.e. Ted Phillips gone from having any input on football related decisions and George chickened out and instead hired the young guy in Pace with not much experience, who would essentially be a yes man to George and Ted.

Things have got to change this next time around.  Hire the best damn candidate possible, not just someone who will agree to everything the family says.  After all the object here is to win Super bowls and be perennial contenders and not just the nicest/most respectable football team contest.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

George is a buffoon and lacks the alpha qualities one would expect of a leader of an organization.

He's too nice when it comes to letting incompetent people continue their work (i.e. not firing GMs/coaches midseason) and he also lacks the stones to make a hire of someone who will challenge him and everyone else in the organization in order to be successful.  See the Chris Ballard situation when they interviewed him for the GM role back in 2015 before giving the job to Pace.

Apparently Ballard wanted to change the power structure of things at Halas i.e. Ted Phillips gone from having any input on football related decisions and George chickened out and instead hired the young guy in Pace with not much experience, who would essentially be a yes man to George and Ted.

Things have got to change this next time around.  Hire the best damn candidate possible, not just someone who will agree to everything the family says.  After all the object here is to win Super bowls and be perennial contenders and not just the nicest/most respectable football team contest.

Couldn't agree more. Even if Ted has done no wrong, fire him anyways. The buddy-buddy mentality has to go. It's time to look at ROI on all executive positions. Run this like a business. The show Succession is probably based off the McCaskys.  

• Like 1