Game day thread week 5. Browns vs the Peoples temple of Indianapolis

Kiwibrown

who is our true hero?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. the true hero is

2. 2. who wins?

3. 3. Browns MVP through 4 weeks is

On 10/5/2020 at 5:53 AM, Reginaldm9 said:

Feels like a winnable game, but that Colts o-line is the only one in the NFL that can go toe to toe with our set up. Have to think it's going to be another shoot out style game where the first to 40 points wins. 

If Costanzo in anyways is out or limited 

We win by 2 touchdowns 

23 minutes ago, kayelcio said:

Comes down to turnovers in my opinion. If Baker continues to limit the backbreaking mistakes, I think this team can match up with almost anybody.

I dont think IND offense is high powered enough to force the Browns to have to throw 25+ times. I see this going similar to how the Washington game went. A lot of plugging away on the ground and forcing Rivers into turnovers. The Colts are banged up right now with their LBs/WRs so the Browns have to take advantage of the matchup advantages

38 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Indy is a physically tough team. I expect the ground game to struggle early, but pick up late.

Yeah we're all pretty hyped about our offense, the run game mostly but I think a reality check is coming soon. Obviously losing the best pure runner in the game hurts even with solid options but it was going to happen eventually anyway. Not that we get shut down every game or anything like that but it is going to happen on occasion and could be this week. This seems like it will have to be a complete team effort game.

We are going to give up a lot of yards and some points but we have to make some of those points come via field goals. If the run game isn't dominating we'll get a good look at what Stefanski can scheme up. Anyone can call a good game when you rush for 6+ yards per carry.

I think this is a mid range scoring game. Like we win 24-22 if we can hold them to FGs or 24-31 if we can't.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah we're all pretty hyped about our offense, the run game mostly but I think a reality check is coming soon. Obviously losing the best pure runner in the game hurts even with solid options but it was going to happen eventually anyway. Not that we get shut down every game or anything like that but it is going to happen on occasion and could be this week. This seems like it will have to be a complete team effort game.

We are going to give up a lot of yards and some points but we have to make some of those points come via field goals. If the run game isn't dominating we'll get a good look at what Stefanski can scheme up. Anyone can call a good game when you rush for 6+ yards per carry.

I think this is a mid range scoring game. Like we win 24-22 if we can hold them to FGs or 24-31 if we can't.

I hate to admit it, but with how many yards our defense gives up, I feel like it's only a matter of time before a team slows down our run game and scores too many points for us to keep up. 

Also if we didn't have so many takeaways we wouldn't be 3-1, Im not so certain that we'll be able to replicate that every week like we have.

There were a lot of good teams last year built on running the ball, but all them had a much, much better defense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Also if we didn't have so many takeaways we wouldn't be 3-1, Im not so certain that we'll be able to replicate that every week like we have

You have to put this in context.

When teams throw the ball a lot, even when they have success, they’re going to throw interceptions. It’s the trade off. You throw it 50+ times, 5 of those passes are going to be really bad.

39 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

When teams throw the ball a lot, even when they have success, they’re going to throw interceptions. It’s the trade off. You throw it 50+ times, 5 of those passes are going to be really bad.

So true. Look at the Cowboys, they have so many turnovers so far. Great offense but they have had to air it out. Doing it that much, is not going to be successful. It’s why the winning rate is so much better then you attempt 30 passes or leas compared to 30 or more. If your throwing that much, you are prolly not playing well or you are just throwing it too much and issues will happen because of that

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Well 6 of our 10 turnovers are from fumble recoveries but a good bit of those are probably from a QB in the pocket so your point remains. Also our defense is probably on the field more than any other defense so that also helps with opportunities.

• Like 1