Packers are the 2013 Broncos but better

NeptunePenguins

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

MLF is one of those guys who stepped into a good situation with a strong front office that put the pieces together for him to utilize. He deserves credit, but that whole organization deserves credit for their success. Moving on from McCarthy was the best move they could have done during Rodgers remaining years (and the doom of Dallas, but that's another topic). 

I'm not trying to discredit him I do think he revitalized A Rod . I just think it's way too early to crown him.

I think John Fox gets criminally disrespected no he wasn't a superbowl capable head coach . But leading a dumpster fire panthers organization to one who were unwatchable during that time. And turning around the Mcdaster created in Denver deserves more respect.

If Lefleur had a magical run I'll gladly eat crow. I do like his offense we'll see if he can do better in his final game this year than a goose egg in the first half.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeptunePenguins said:

The Packers are on a Broncos 2013 sequence run right now with an even better coach and defense than the Broncos had in 2013. Rodgers also has some arm strength vs Manning. He is on pace for 52 TDs but I predict he reaches the 55 mark with 14 to 15 wins this year. There are also no teams as good as the 2013 Seahawks or 2015 Broncos right now to challenge them either. 

But in all seriousness, who really cares?

59 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

17-4 in your first 21 is still pretty solid but hey whatever you need to say to justify your bad opinion on a coach you know nothing about lol 

edit: if we’re including playoffs he’s 18-4 after beating Seattle at home convincingly 

For the record, I'll give credit where credit is due.  17-4 is a great way for a new head coach to start out.  It's a heck of a lot better than a ton of coaches out there.  More power to him if he can keep it up.  Props to you guys.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

John Fox led the dumpster fire panthers to try superbowl in an era where they were a laughing stock. He also took the Broncos to being respectable after the Mcdaster years. Not a huge fan of his but respect him.

Matt Lefleur took over a talented Green bay roster who underachieved at 6-9 also were dessemated by injuries I believe that year . A Rod is one of the greatest in the game.

Lefleur is definitely a competent coach but it's way too early to crown him.

After reading this I understand your stance on this and I can respect that. I’m just tired of seeing him being discredited for doing nothing but get results thus far in his career here. Two bad games against a loaded San Francisco team shouldn’t change that a ton especially in the guy’s first year.

For the record I do agree that this thread is way over the top and gives off bad Eagles thread vibes that I don’t want this team to have. I just want people to give some credit where it’s due after the hire was trashed pretty much universally outside of Green Bay 

Edited by Rodjahs12

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

No way the Packers compete for a super bowl this year. Way too many holes on that roster. Team is slow. Defense is bad. Aaron Rodgers will be bad in the playoffs. 

Not to mention they didn't even add a receiver in the offseason

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

John Fox led the dumpster fire panthers to try superbowl in an era where they were a laughing stock. He also took the Broncos to being respectable after the Mcdaster years. Not a huge fan of his but respect him.

Fox got lucky that year. In Week 1, he started Rodney Peete despite signing Jake Delhomme. They had to bench Peete, and Delhomme came in and led a 24-23 comeback win. In Week 2, they were facing defeat in the face until they blocked a Martin Gramatica extra point at the gun, forcing OT (where they won 12-9 on a Kasay FG). Then, in Week 3, they decisively beat a Michael Vick-less Falcon team 23-3.

Also, after the TB win, they had two other OT wins plus the playoff win. In Week 8, the Saints had the ball on the Carolina 37 and a 4th and 1, and they went for it instead of punting. They fumbled, setting Carolina up in good field position for a game-winning drive. In addition, they only played four games in the regular season against teams that finished above .500.

3 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Wait... what?  Way too soon to compare to one of the most prolific offenses ever. Didn't 2013 Broncos have 4 guys with 1000 yds rec and atleast 10 tds. That's dominant.

5 players with 10+ TDs. A NFL record.

Demaryius- 14. Decker- 11. Welker- 10. Julius Thomas- 12. Knowshon- 13

They have the record for:

Points, Yards, Touchdowns, First Downs, Games With 50+ points (3), Points In Second Half, Most 400+ yard passing games, Most 4 TD games, Longest Field Goal Ever......

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

I firmly believe NeptunePenguins and pf9 are the same person. Change my mind.

Bill O'Brien is terrible. 

But this year the Packers do remind me of a better version of the 2013 Broncos. The Packers might not have the receivers but Rodgers in 2020 is much better a QB than 2013 Peyton Manning who couldn't find throw a football properly, and danced around while he hikes the ball which is why he lost to the 2013 Seahawks mostly. Both the Broncos and Packers had/have an easy schedule. The Packers can easily go 16-0 with the rest of their schedule and Rodgers will throw for 55+ TD passes this year. I am making my prediction now. 

Edited by NeptunePenguins

15 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Bill O'Brien is terrible. 

But this year the Packers do remind me of a better version of the 2013 Broncos. The Packers might not have the receivers but Rodgers in 2020 is much better a QB than 2013 Peyton Manning who couldn't find throw a football properly, and danced around while he hikes the ball which is why he lost to the 2013 Seahawks mostly. Both the Broncos and Packers had/have an easy schedule. The Packers can easily go 16-0 with the rest of their schedule and Rodgers will throw for 55+ TD passes this year. I am making my prediction now. 

He couldnt throw a football properly and managed to have 5,000+ passing yards, 55 TDs and the most prolific passing season in NFL history 😣

• Like 4