Valkyrie Mafia: D8 Ends Saturday at 10 PM EST

The Orca

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

So you have never read your role PM?  Or joined a chat?

I have and believe I play worse when scum and know who my partners are. There's actually a pretty dead give away that I won't mention lol but if you pay attention my posts you can suss it out when I'm scum and know

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I play better without knowing who they are. Just as ET says he plays more even without opening his pm. If it gives them a better shot at winning, that's what matters. There's no value if I'm going to go into scum chat, not say anything and just sit there, plus play worse as a result

So how are they benefited in possibly being able to play better with you being present in the chat?  Feels like you are looking at this from  a very singular viewpoint

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

So how are they benefited in possibly being able to play better with you being present in the chat?  Feels like you are looking at this from  a very singular viewpoint

Because I don't believe that people are going to play better based on me being there or not. How does that work? They still know what I'm doing. It's not like I'm tutoring them in chat lol.

@Forge this issue with that play style is depending on the setup it could have basically made the game pointless. Like this game Daboyle was mafia not in the chat, you didnt show up and Mission and TLO had a good chance to not show up either. So for the entirety of the game @Daniel would have been alone and no coordination in moves etc. It may be better for you, but hurts the entire setup and multiple players as a consequence. I felt really bad for Daniel, cause if you were in the chat, you might have pulled out a win a while ago. Maybe not, but playing that way causes too much issues for everyone else imo. 

Think of it like the issue people have had with my past playstyle/aggressiveness. Apparently it was disliked enough i had to evolve, I think the not reading PMs or joining chats may be in a similar category where it needs to change for everyone to enjoy the game and setups to have meaning

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

@The Orca  very fun game and setup.. I loved the twist and turns (albeit at my expense on some of them)

I specifically protected myself most of the game to make sure I was at endgame to solve this masterpiece. No it was probably not correct to do so but I really thought if everyone was vanilla (were you all vanilla @Dome and @Glen?), why not ensure an intelligent and active person made it to solve the game.  

I actually have tunneled swag the last 3 games (2 town and 1 mafia), so @TheKillerNacho may not be reading that right lol.  

@jasonwbantle we did it friend.  We avenged you and we won the game!!!

I was not vanilla 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Because I don't believe that people are going to play better based on me being there or not. How does that work? They still know what I'm doing. It's not like I'm tutoring them in chat lol.

Coordinating  moves.

Discussing options.

Looking for claims.

Strategizing things.

Lots of options for things to be better by being present for your teammates

Just now, The Orca said:

@Forge this issue with that play style is depending on the setup it could have basically made the game pointless. Like this game Daboyle was mafia not in the chat, you didnt show up and Mission and TLO had a good chance to not show up either. So for the entirety of the game @Daniel would have been alone and no coordination in moves etc. It may be better for you, but hurts the entire setup and multiple players as a consequence. I felt really bad for Daniel, cause if you were in the chat, you might have pulled out a win a while ago. Maybe not, but playing that way causes too much issues for everyone else imo. 

Think of it like the issue people have had with my past playstyle/aggressiveness. Apparently it was disliked enough i had to evolve, I think the not reading PMs or joining chats may be in a similar category where it needs to change for everyone to enjoy the game and setups to have meaning

Lol we weren't winning because I was in chat, c'mon now. They knew what I was doing, I don't need to coordinate it

Just now, The Orca said:

Hitting Blue or Pickle N3 instead of Bcb (really bad choice imo) would have changed things completely 

I would have never hit either of those, regardless of being in chat 

I hit bcb to look like the town vig. That was intentional. That wasn't changing