Jets release RB Le'Veon Bell

.Buzz

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah usually signing RBs to a second deal is a terrible move 95% of the time. With Jacobs I’m just hoping we tag him and get six years. Especially with how many carries we give that guy. Very rare for a RB to be great past 5-6 years. Elliott is a rare example, that dude is super durable like he’s made of stone. 

Elliott doesn't get injured yes but he is still a bad signing for what the Cowboyz are doing right now

1 hour ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Buffalo 

Chicago 

Arizona 

Pittsburgh would be a cool reunion after an ugly situation but it’s a long shot 

remove pittsburgh, spare us the headaches.  If he signed here , I would lose it.  The OL isn't great anymore anyways, so neither will bell be .  Giants need a RB possibly, maybe the chargers if Eckler is done .  I don't know all the other teams injuries but the way everyone keeps getting injured, bell will find work eventually.  Probably the browns or pats if injuries are a problem there, 2 nemesis  but thats the nfl

51 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

How do you know that? Do you see his level of play as of late? He probably would've been cut by the steelers lol

Has he actually signed and played on the tag in 2018 he would've made $14M. If he had been tagged again in 2019 and played for the Stwelers again, that's another $14M (or whatever the 2nd tag amount is) the Steelers wouldn't have cut him in 2018

Tampa could use an RB who can catch, with their banged up offense. But if Bell is smart he'll wait a month or so. If Aaron Jones or Chris Carson etc. get a season ending injury Bell will be the first name on the emergency list and he'll walk into a starting job on a SB ready team.

8 hours ago, Emerica said:

Unless he’s looking to join a contender, I think Miami would make sense as a landing spot. There were a lot of rumblings at the time that his first choice was Miami back when he was FA. Myles Gaskin is our starter right now, averaging 48yds per game. Jordan Howard was a healthy scratch last game. He’s on borrowed time.

Not sure if we go that route but it wouldn’t surprise me if it turns out we have interest.

Miami has a QBOTF, a ton of resources coming in the next draft, a relatively strong set of WR/TEs and a game vs the Jets this weekend.

If Bell is really smart - he's heading there.

18 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Miami has a QBOTF, a ton of resources coming in the next draft, a relatively strong set of WR/TEs and a game vs the Jets this weekend.

If Bell is really smart - he's heading there.

He already proved he isn’t smart. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Gaskins/Howard/Breida isn't getting the job done...

This is fair.

Gaskins is a fine back.

Don't see how adding a washed up RB who will demand too large of a contract will help, frankly. We literally just got free from cap hell by paying overrated players huge contracts.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Gaskins is a fine back.

Don't see how adding a washed up RB who will demand too large of a contract will help, frankly.

Nail on the head of the issue with Bell. He still thinks he deserves a huge deal. All these big RB contracts are looking bad. Bell, Gurley, Johnson...just don’t do it. These guys didn’t reset the market. They proved the market was right. 

He’s gonna wait for money and he’s gonna wait a while. Given his issues with usage with the Jets I can’t see him stepping into a time-share at the position. Teams with the space likely don’t want or need him. 

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Nail on the head of the issue with Bell. He still thinks he deserves a huge deal. All these big RB contracts are looking bad. Bell, Gurley, Johnson...just don’t do it. These guys didn’t reset the market. They proved the market was right. 

He’s gonna wait for money and he’s gonna wait a while. Given his issues with usage with the Jets I can’t see him stepping into a time-share at the position. Teams with the space likely don’t want or need him. 

If he thinks he's going to get a big contract, then he's in for a rude awakening. He didn't deserve a big contract last time he was a FA, and he definitely doesn't deserve one now. I always thought he was a pretty overrated player.