Jets release RB Le'Veon Bell

.Buzz

13 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’d take him cheap on the Bills honestly. Our run game has been hideous, but we have a decent offensive line and he can catch balls out of the backfield. Low risk high reward imo 

Once Moss gets healthy, I think you guys will be alright.

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

I've never understood attacking a player for prioritizing financial security & generational wealth for those they care about. Let alone a guy playing the most dispensable position in football. To address your point - characterizing Bell as some petulant big name player who chased the bag & then wanted out is misinformed. The guy was nothing but a class act, who continuously praised his coaches & the organization, despite having every reason not to.  

Good post
I'd like to push back on the first comment about security and wealth.
The Steelers made Bell a spectacular offer that would have checked both of those boxes.
He made a different choice

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DannyB said:

If it results in them trying to trade you, and then releasing you when that doesn't work, that seems like more than just an ordinary run of the mill professional conversation. Like that's not just a normal Monday evening for the average franchise.

I mean, even if Bell walked in and demanded a trade, saying “he cried about how bad the franchise is” still seems like a misrepresentation. Especially when there’s pretty much nothing to go off of at all other than that they spoke, the Jets told him he could seek out a trade, and then he was released.

17 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Especially when there’s pretty much nothing to go off of at all other than that they spoke, the Jets told him he could seek out a trade, and then he was released.

You say that like it's a normal thing to happen in the NFL without there being underlying acrimony

13 minutes ago, DannyB said:

You say that like it's a normal thing to happen in the NFL without there being underlying acrimony

Whether there is or isn’t is irrelevant. It’s pretty obvious Bell wasn’t happy as a Jet and at least parts of the FO didn’t want him there in the first place. It was always a bad matchup. But I wanted to know if there was anything substantive to the claim that Bell was crying about how bad the franchise was.

Unless he’s looking to join a contender, I think Miami would make sense as a landing spot. There were a lot of rumblings at the time that his first choice was Miami back when he was FA. Myles Gaskin is our starter right now, averaging 48yds per game. Jordan Howard was a healthy scratch last game. He’s on borrowed time.

Not sure if we go that route but it wouldn’t surprise me if it turns out we have interest.

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Whether there is or isn’t is irrelevant. It’s pretty obvious Bell wasn’t happy as a Jet and at least parts of the FO didn’t want him there in the first place. It was always a bad matchup. But I wanted to know if there was anything substantive to the claim that Bell was crying about how bad the franchise was.

The word crying seems to be like an odd sticking point with you, I don't get it.

Is it okay if I say unhappy with the situation he found himself in with the Jets?

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

The word crying seems to be like an odd sticking point with you, I don't get it.

We’re on an online forum, lol. I’m responding to what you said, sorry to ruffle feathers in that process.

8 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Is it okay if I say unhappy with the situation he found himself in with the Jets?

No not without a sworn statement by Bell himself and even if signed in front of a judge I wouldn’t be convinced he wasn’t being coerced by an outside force