Jets release RB Le'Veon Bell

.Buzz

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The emergence of Conner happened because Bell left.  If Bell hadn't left, Conner wouldn't have taken over the #1 spot that easily.

Doubt he would've ever taken the #1 spot with Bell in the mix. Point being, his talent would've likely shined through at some point in a limited capacity, giving Pitt all the more reason to move on with no money attached.

5 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

This hardly backs the narrative you're pushing. The idea that Bell cried his way off the Jets insinuates that he was some type of issue in the locker room or carried with him a selfish mentality, which couldn't be further from the truth. I can say with the utmost confidence that anyone who's followed this team will tell you the same.

He forced his way off one team and onto another, and then found himself unhappy with that new team. I mean that is literally inarguable. It's not a "narrative" I'm pushing, it's just literally what happened. I'm not saying he's a locker room problem, I'm not necessarily saying he's being selfish (he might genuinely feel that it's in the best interest of the team to use him more).

I don't blame him for not being happy on the Jets. But I blame him for putting his own self in that situation, and thus don't feel bad for him at all.

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I think hes more likely to sit out the year and come back next year fresh

The RB market is a horrible one for the RB - we saw guys like Melvin Gordon get relegated to small deals. Bell has perceived attitude issues tied with very little production - he doesn't have the luxury of sitting a year (again).

Just now, ET80 said:

The RB market is a horrible one for the RB - we saw guys like Melvin Gordon get relegated to small deals. Bell has perceived attitude issues tied with very little production - he doesn't have the luxury of sitting a year (again).

Mark my words.

i predict he will want 3M

Just now, Malfatron said:

Either that, or he goes somewhere with a really good OL to trick people

I'm willing to buy this. 

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Mark my words.

i predict he will want 3M

And I predict someone will give it to him. 2/$6mm isn't a bad contract if you think about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Bill O'Brien? I don't even know about that...and that's saying something.

If gase had full control like Obrien he would be way worse.  At least Obrien had some kind of a resume as a coach just a pathetically bad gm.

Gase actively ruins players and makes everyone worse and makes stars hate him and they leave. Hes a total cancer

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Is there a worst coach than Gase? He ruins players 

How did he ever get a HC job in the first place? He had the one season in Denver where Peyton Manning broke records because 1. he was Peyton Manning and 2. they figured out a way to exploit pick plays of questionable legality. Then he went to Chicago for a year, where he ran a middling offense on a 6-10 team. And then all of a sudden he was a HC? 🤔