Things You (think you) Know About The NFL So Far

11sanchez11

15 hours ago, Forge said:
16 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

I know there will be at least two Saints rookies that are well-known by the end of this year (Kamara and Lattimore)

*I was going to say three, but Anzalone is on IR now ¬¬

The probability of that happening was probably like 92%. I loved him as a player...dude can't stay healthy. Couldn't do it in college, no reason to think he'll do it at this level. 

I loved the Saints draft (was on my top five drafts list on the old forum), but part of why their draft was so good was their willingness to take chances on high talented but injury prone players.  Well, they were already a very injury prone team in prior seasons and that does not seem to have particularly stopped for them this year. 

On 5/10/2017 at 6:50 PM, The BILLievers said:

Lol looks like the defesne will rebound? We have the #1 defense through a quarter of the season.

I don't see how our ceiling is 8-8 after proving we can beat or hang close with really good teams (Panthers, Broncos, Falcons) but keep the hate coming.

I don't think it's hate, we haven't been to the playoffs in 17 years, until we win and get there there will be people in the NFL that will doubt the Bills. 

Does it look different this year? It seems like it but it's not the first time this team looks promising in September just to see it crumble by late October. 

Enjoy the ride and if the wins continue the playoffs will be a reality. 

On 10/5/2017 at 4:50 PM, footbull3196 said:

Don't necessarily think this is the case, there's been somewhat of a drop-off but that's more due to the fact that their 2016 offense was off the charts.  They still lead the league in total yards per offensive drive, so I think it's just some natural regression back to the mean and expect them to be just fine going forward 

Actually i would say more so than anything it's a 1st time starting RG and a top 3 RT in the game injured the last 2 games protecting his right side.  Plus 3 of his 5 int's have hit WR's or RB's right in the hands and bounced right off them.    1 int was a great defensive play by a CB and his only real crappy int im putting all on him was the one on the deep throw to gabriel last week in double coverage.  

He has got a little happy feet at times but the right side of the line has done him no favors at all.   Still he can play better thats for sure but he's been no where near as bad as the numbers make him out to be.  I don't know WTF has gotten into our receiving core with drops and tipped passes this year.

Rams & Bills are pretty much opposites of each other but on the same positive spectrum.

Rams - Young great offense with a very pedestrian D, honestly, terrible D, but they have the best defender in Aaron Donald, imo.

Bills - Young great defense with a pedestrian offense, although I’ve been very impressed by Tyrod so far considering there’s no playmakers outside of Shady with him.

Both deserve a great amount of praise, but I’m not sure why Buffalo is getting less of it considering their wins have been against better opponents. I also think Buffalo has an easier schedule from here on out compared to LA’s.

Not trying to come off heavily criticizing LA, just saying Buffalo should be getting equal amount of respect/praise.

On 10/6/2017 at 10:46 AM, JBURGE25 said:

For the Bills talk, I don't think they're that great, but their schedule is cake..

Which is funny because our schedule before the year looked frightening.

Anyone who thought this team would be a bottom five team this year shouldn’t try and evaluate football teams they don’t know. We lost Gilmore, who sucks, Darby, who wasn’t a scheme fit, Sammy, who was never healthy, and Robert Woods and Mike Gillislee. With the players we signed I actually thought our floor was higher, but our ceiling was a little lower just because of the Sammy factor and his crazy potential. Saw no way this team finished less than 7-9.

I’ll say 8-8 until proven other wise. Our next four games are 

@Cinci

Vs TB

Vs Oak

@NYJ on TNF

If we expect to make the post season we need to win all of those games, or AT WORST go 3-1.

I have complete faith in McDermott keeping a level head, and making sure the team doesn’t get overly emotional. Just go out and win the games you’re supposed to and the BILLievers will come.

40 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Which is funny because our schedule before the year looked frightening.

Anyone who thought this team would be a bottom five team this year shouldn’t try and evaluate football teams they don’t know. We lost Gilmore, who sucks, Darby, who wasn’t a scheme fit, Sammy, who was never healthy, and Robert Woods and Mike Gillislee. With the players we signed I actually thought our floor was higher, but our ceiling was a little lower just because of the Sammy factor and his crazy potential. Saw no way this team finished less than 7-9.

I’ll say 8-8 until proven other wise. Our next four games are 

@Cinci

Vs TB

Vs Oak

@NYJ on TNF

If we expect to make the post season we need to win all of those games, or AT WORST go 3-1.

I have complete faith in McDermott keeping a level head, and making sure the team doesn’t get overly emotional. Just go out and win the games you’re supposed to and the BILLievers will come.

The Bills problems lay mostly on the offensive side of the ball. Taylor has yet to prove he can consistently perform as a franchise QB and until it shows that he can, every game will be a challenge for Buffalo.

They are on a roll now, so there should be zero excuses for not winning at least 3 of these 4 games, but if they stumble, it clearly shows Taylor needs to be replaced by a better QB, if they ever want to be a SB contender.

19 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Rams & Bills are pretty much opposites of each other but on the same positive spectrum.

Rams - Young great offense with a very pedestrian D, honestly, terrible D, but they have the best defender in Aaron Donald, imo.

Bills - Young great defense with a pedestrian offense, although I’ve been very impressed by Tyrod so far considering there’s no playmakers outside of Shady with him.

Both deserve a great amount of praise, but I’m not sure why Buffalo is getting less of it considering their wins have been against better opponents. I also think Buffalo has an easier schedule from here on out compared to LA’s.

Not trying to come off heavily criticizing LA, just saying Buffalo should be getting equal amount of respect/praise.

Rams defense isn't terrible. I think the transition has been rocky. Perfect example is the Dallas game. The gameplan was there but the players didn't trust it in the first half and Dallas did what they wanted to do. Wade told those players in the looker room at half time to just trust the gameplan and everything will be fine. The players did and in the 2nd half held Dallas offenss to 6pts.

So again the Rams defense isn't terrible it's the transition from 4-3 to 3-4 that has been shaky. Like at times Wade has to go to a 4-3 look in games and the Rams start to play better. Just look at the 2nd half against Washington. Again in the 1st half Washington did what they wanted to do. In the 2nd half the Rams held them to 7pts total and slowed the offense down. 

As the season goes on I expect the Rams defense to get better and we will look back to the 2nd half against Dallas as the start of the defense playing like they are used to playing and that's really good even dominant at times.

On 10/6/2017 at 7:05 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Seahawks beating the Rams this weekend will curb the enthusiasm of LA somewhat.

Rams certainly could lose Sunday in a tough divisional matchup. At the same time, the Rams could win. Rams are 4-1 at home against a Wilson led Seahawks. Last week many said the Rams would lose to Dallas and that's the game I even predicted before the season the Rams would lose. I predicted the Rams would beat Seattle before the season started just because the Rams always play the Seahawks tough no matter how bad the Rams have been. Now that the Rams have structure and is a better team than in previous years, it's no lock Seattle comes into LA and win. Last weeks victory against Dallas was a statement game, the week game against Seattle is validation to those who still don't believe. As Erick Dickerson said, "the Rams are the most disrespected 3-1 team in the NFL". I agree. Why? In a league of "what have you done for me lately?", people still look at the Rams under the Jeff Fisher lens of the past and they aren't looking at the Sean McVay era and what he is doing now (lately). 

Archived