Week 6 - Rams @ 49ers - SNF

RamRod

19 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Rams have beat the Nfc East and lost both games outside of that. I might be being "that guy" but what exactly has Mcvay done when its mattered most? Ive been positive and optimistic all year.. The guy is truly brilliant.. but when it matters most he throws the ball at the goaline when the RB has been shredding the defense. Its happened way too often to think otherwise. Maybe im annoyed at the moment but.. I can only make so many excuses for them

No not you too lol. Im just kidding. Look the Rams sweeping the NFC East is a HUGE deal. They shouldve beaten the Bills if it wasnt for a ticky tac PI call. Plus anyone who discredits the Rams season so far need to under the miles of traveling the Rams have to do. They traveled east three times this season. They still have to travel to Miami and Tampa Bay. But when you had to travel east 3 times in 4 games and one stretch back to back east games thats tough for any west coast team. The fact that the Rams are setting at (4-2) knowing that they were a bad PI call and just not looking sharp tonight for being (6-0) is great. Its not like they are overmatched like they looked last year. They had their chances even tonight and they werent even playing their B game that says alot and they played a desperate team too in the Niners who needed this win more than the Rams tbh. The Rams is fine. McVay will get this team back to the drawing board and I expect a great game against the Bears on MNF. 

18 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Akers getting 1 snap is inexcusable. And Brown can get 28? 

It's time to get Akers and Henderson up to speed in pass pro. @StLunatic88 was right. I was wrong. Brown is a hindrance. He's too slow to shake anybody in the open field. We need Akers and Henderson on the field as checkdown options in the passing game.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

No not you too lol. Im just kidding. Look the Rams sweeping the NFC East is a HUGE deal. They shouldve beaten the Bills if it wasnt for a ticky tac PI call. Plus anyone who discredits the Rams season so far need to under the miles of traveling the Rams have to do. They traveled east three times this season. They still have to travel to Miami and Tampa Bay. But when you had to travel east 3 times in 4 games and one stretch back to back east games thats tough for any west coast team. The fact that the Rams are setting at (4-2) knowing that they were a bad PI call and just not looking sharp tonight for being (6-0) is great. Its not like they are overmatched like they looked last year. They had their chances even tonight and they werent even playing their B game that says alot and they played a desperate team too in the Niners who needed this win more than the Rams tbh. The Rams is fine. McVay will get this team back to the drawing board and I expect a great game against the Bears on MNF. 

Just getting tired of making excuses. Maybe im frustrated, but This was a too big a game to play so poorly in. They didn't have to travel much, they didn't tackle well, and they simply just didn't execute on offense. If anyone has an excuse to lose a game, its the niners. I understand bad games happen. I understand we aren't the best team in the NFL. However this was a game we should have won. Going back to the Niners game last year (second one), they choked on 3rd and long twice to lose. Did it against the Bills again this year, and even though there was a terrible call to seal it, they shouldn't have even been in that situation. Granted, last year was a different team defensively so I dont know how much that actually matters. I know its the third youngest team in the NFL, learning new schemes, and traveling more than anyone, but they are healthy. 0-2 outside of the East is worrying to me. Kupp had his worst game as a ram.. and I thought he'd be bailed out after the two drops by running it in with henderson or whoever. It brought back memories of doing the same with TG. 

I do have positive take-aways. 

1. We didn't execute and still were in it
  2. The Oline blocked their butts off
  3. Defense played well for a quarter and a half after half

I try and be positive, but tonight made me nervous. Not having a single pressure outside of AD is crazy with how often he was doubled and tripled. Akers NEEDS to be involved more. Brown is not doing enough outside of his blocking. Doesn't seem to have that explosiveness that Henderson has. I just dont like how great we made a not so great team look. Im not giving up, and im still aware of all that you mentioned, but at some point they have to hold themselves accountable and fix the bad tackling and slow starts.. if not, its going to get tough.

I expect: 

1. A bounce back game for Kupp. 
  2. Henderson/Akers more involved 
  3. To stop abandoning the Run when its clearly working
  4. More so Hopeful the defense starts to wrap up. The long run to start the game was a freak incident that they simply just thought he was down. But regardless they need to fix this. 

On a positive note, Goff has been playing much better this season. 

Even in his bad games he's different. He would've had 3 TDs and 0 picks if Kupp didnt drop the TD 

I've been underwhelmed by Kupp. He seems to have a critical drop each game and its getting old. He needs to play better. 

Not worried about Goff so far. Its not like McVay was helping him with his play calling 

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Just getting tired of making excuses. Maybe im frustrated, but This was a too big a game to play so poorly in. They didn't have to travel much, they didn't tackle well, and they simply just didn't execute on offense. If anyone has an excuse to lose a game, its the niners. I understand bad games happen. I understand we aren't the best team in the NFL. However this was a game we should have won. Going back to the Niners game last year (second one), they choked on 3rd and long twice to lose. Did it against the Bills again this year, and even though there was a terrible call to seal it, they shouldn't have even been in that situation. Granted, last year was a different team defensively so I dont know how much that actually matters. I know its the third youngest team in the NFL, learning new schemes, and traveling more than anyone, but they are healthy. 0-2 outside of the East is worrying to me. Kupp had his worst game as a ram.. and I thought he'd be bailed out after the two drops by running it in with henderson or whoever. It brought back memories of doing the same with TG. 

I do have positive take-aways. 

1. We didn't execute and still were in it
  2. The Oline blocked their butts off
  3. Defense played well for a quarter and a half after half

I try and be positive, but tonight made me nervous. Not having a single pressure outside of AD is crazy with how often he was doubled and tripled. Akers NEEDS to be involved more. Brown is not doing enough outside of his blocking. Doesn't seem to have that explosiveness that Henderson has. I just dont like how great we made a not so great team look. Im not giving up, and im still aware of all that you mentioned, but at some point they have to hold themselves accountable and fix the bad tackling and slow starts.. if not, its going to get tough.

I expect: 

1. A bounce back game for Kupp. 
  2. Henderson/Akers more involved 
  3. To stop abandoning the Run when its clearly working
  4. More so Hopeful the defense starts to wrap up. The long run to start the game was a freak incident that they simply just thought he was down. But regardless they need to fix this. 

I get what you are saying with excuses but when it comes to the traveling it is a real thing. Is it a real excuse for how the game was played? Not that big but you can tell the Rams were just not themselves tonight on things that we havent seen from them all season long. They werent committing penalties on offense. They werent missing that many tackles on defense. Its very shocking to see Kupp dropping passes and just making mental errors. Like those things will be fixed. Its not like the OL was getting blown up and the Rams couldnt run the football. It was like Goff was getting killed in the pocket. To me I walk away from this game saying if the Rams just play like they have normally been playing save for this game and the first half of the Buffalo game (even in that first half of the Buffalo game the Rams offense wasnt committing penalties like they were tonight) they will be fine. ''

I wouldnt be nervous. Its hard to get pressure when the QB is throwing the ball so fast. Jimmy G at one point his depth of target was -2. He wasnt even throwing past the line of scrimmage. Again it comes down to the Rams defenders tackling well. Had they done that it wouldve forced the Niners into 2nd and 3rd and longs and that wouldve forced Jimmy G to hold on to the ball longer and pressure had a chance to get to him. So again Im not nervous. Hate losing especially to the Niners but we will be fine. They were the desperate team. They played the best on both sides of the ball than they played all season long and the Rams didnt even play their B game and they loss. Again the Rams will be fine. Big game against Chicago next week and they are (5-1). Talk about seeding if the Rams dont win the West it could be tiebreaker for one of the wildcard spots. Big game and I expect the Rams to bounce back and win. 

40 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

On a positive note, Goff has been playing much better this season. 

Even in his bad games he's different. He would've had 3 TDs and 0 picks if Kupp didnt drop the TD 

I've been underwhelmed by Kupp. He seems to have a critical drop each game and its getting old. He needs to play better. 

Not worried about Goff so far. Its not like McVay was helping him with his play calling 

I think McVay mess with the cha-cha as the saying goes. He knew the Niners secondary could get picked on and so he decided to start throwing alot early. Its not against Goff but when you have a ground game that has been working all season long you continue to ride it. Henderson, Akers, and Brown ESPECIALLY Henderson has been on fire at some points of the season so dont go away from it. McVay went to the running game when they were already down 14-0. The worst thing you can do against a great offensive mind in Shanny is to get down by 2 tds. Its going to be climbing up a steep hill and unless you are Brady and Mahomes you dont come back down by double digits against a Shanny offensive led team. McVay shouldve established the run from the start. Tonight felt weird from as soon as I saw Samuel kept running when the Rams thought he was down and just standing there watching and it turned into a 35yd gain I was like yup looks like its going to be one of those nights. Then when the Rams got the ball and Goff missed a wide open Kupp it just confirmed it was going to be one of those nights and it was. Again for me I hate the Rams playing on SNF. Give them TNF, MNF, heck even Saturday football and Im good but its something about SNF that the Rams just always seem to look off and lose for the most part.

A lot of terrible angles and horrendous tackling by the defense... I can’t count how many time Kittle had our ILBs on skates. 

I just have one question... Why is Ebukam still starting on this defense??!!!!! Why???! We need to see more Polite/Patrick...

Rams left 15 points on the field, Kupps two drops that would’ve been TDs, and Sloman with his extra point miss. This needs to get fixed ASAP 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It's time to get Akers and Henderson up to speed in pass pro. @StLunatic88 was right. I was wrong. Brown is a hindrance. He's too slow to shake anybody in the open field. We need Akers and Henderson on the field as checkdown options in the passing game.

Goof couldn't even get the ball to the check down last night. Horrible performance. That's the Goff we get when it really comes down to it. He can't grow out of that 

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I honestly hate being right about it. Because I with that thinking last year, but we need the young guys out there more, it just makes the offene more dynamic.

Id still like to see a bunch more sets in this offense that BOTH Henderson and Akers out there, either both in the backfield or one split out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I just have one question... Why is Ebukam still starting on this defense??!!!!! Why???! We need to see more Polite/Patrick...

I dont like what Ebukam is doing out there either, but have you ever given a thought that he still might be the best option?

Is there even the slightest chance in your mind that Polite/Patrick are even worse? 

Just saying Ive seen alot of crying out for other guys to take his snaps, but Ive never seen a reason why they should, none of those guys have ever been all that impressive to me either.

• Like 2

Very frustrating game to watch from start to finish. Our offense has looked great all year and last night just felt like they couldn’t string any drives together and when they did, they’d do something to shoot themselves in the foot. A lot of drive-killing penalties. 
The half time adjustments on defense have been good so far but these slow starts are getting old real quick. Bad tackling, no pressure from the edge and consistently allowing 3rd-and-long conversions. Needs to get cleaned up ASAP.
Someone else said it and I agree—Kupp had his worst game of his career last night. In fairness, that deep ball to him was a really tough grab once your had to flip your shoulders but the drop in the end zone was a killer. 
Henderson continues to look great. He should be the main guy carrying the ball until proven otherwise, but I (like everyone else) would have liked to see more of Akers, even if it is just a complimentary role for now. Brown is what he is. 
Im going to be upset if Sloman isn’t cut today. He should have been gone long before this game but last night should be the absolute last straw. 
Overall, this sky isn’t falling and this was just one bad game. It wasn’t a must-win game, but it really could have put the nail in the coffin for the Niners and kept us in pace with the Seahawks. Now SF is still alive and Seattle has the opportunity to run away with the division—going to be tough to keep up with them. 

We’d better come out sharp against the Bears next week 

18 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont like what Ebukam is doing out there either, but have you ever given a thought that he still might be the best option?

Is there even the slightest chance in your mind that Polite/Patrick are even worse? 

Just saying Ive seen alot of crying out for other guys to take his snaps, but Ive never seen a reason why they should, none of those guys have ever been all that impressive to me either.

Maybe, maybe not, but last week against Washington Polite out performed Ebukam, and when Okoro was healthy he outplayed Ebukam as well...Perhaps we’d see more from these guys if we stop wasting time with Ebukam...