Weak 7: Giants at the Eagles

ninjapirate

I think Wentz is finally starting to play Elite again.

That hero ball stuff is still there but he has to do that if Eagles want to win, our play calling is horrific and our talented players are injured (Thank god for Fulgham aka younger & healthy Alshon).

His weakness is also his biggest strength, trying to hold on to the ball and ALWAYS wanting to make a play.

2 hours ago, BugzBunny101 said:

I think Wentz is finally starting to play Elite again.

:rant:

This is an exact repeat of the last couple weeks. Wentz looks absolutely horrible for almost the entire game. This forum is begging for him to be benched. Then somehow (refs) in the 4th the game gets close and people talk post game about how Wentz has turned a corner. Only for him to come out with the same accuracy/decision making/hero ball issues the next week.

I will never understand you guys. In no world was Wentz "elite". Not even close. Maybe you could settle on borderline good/above average.

:end rant:

Only losers say anything about the refs.  With that said, Eagles WR held in the endzone, no call. Giants next possession, Eagles PI same exact play. Calls go both ways all game. 

With that said, Wentz has had his share of issues. I’m so tired of the hero ball stuff. It’s just so unnecessary. But one thing he has, and has had, and will continue to have is his will to win. He overcomes most anything put in front of him to keep competitive. And in that way, he’s elite. He has elite tools. Just not elite decision making. And that’s because he tries to do too damn much all the time. The last two seasons he’s had major issues for his surrounding cast. Major. And he just finds a way. Maybe with more time than what the 3rd string OL is giving him and better looks than the backup receiving corps is giving him, we’re taking about a different season. All in all, bad decisions are bad decisions. But he finds moments, with all that, to still make some phenomenal plays. I’m not calling him elite but that’s some elite play. Having 9 out of 10 of your surrounding offense out for games will have an adverse effect on you. Big truth there. He deserves some credit and some blame. He is what he is at this point. He’s a bonehead at times but absolute magic in others. Just gonna have to live with the Jekyll and Hyde act. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

:rant:

This is an exact repeat of the last couple weeks. Wentz looks absolutely horrible for almost the entire game. This forum is begging for him to be benched. Then somehow (refs) in the 4th the game gets close and people talk post game about how Wentz has turned a corner. Only for him to come out with the same accuracy/decision making/hero ball issues the next week.

I will never understand you guys. In no world was Wentz "elite". Not even close. Maybe you could settle on borderline good/above average.

:end rant:

He didn't look horrible the whole game. He looked bad in the 3rd quarter. No doubt. He looked alright in the first half aside from the Bradberry pick. I don't think the pick was due to a bad read but rather once again, accuracy. He NEEDS to work on accuracy if he's going to become a consistent and top tier QB.

Wentz does better in a high tempo offense I've noticed. We need to implement that more. 

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

He didn't look horrible the whole game. He looked bad in the 3rd quarter. No doubt. He looked alright in the first half aside from the Bradberry pick. I don't think the pick was due to a bad read but rather once again, accuracy. He NEEDS to work on accuracy if he's going to become a consistent and top tier QB.

Wentz does better in a high tempo offense I've noticed. We need to implement that more. 

He didn't see the field great last night, but its hard to fault him on that when he is getting hit 12 times a game and getting pressured on basically every snap cause our OL is just terrible atm. For how badly his OL got worked last night I thought he did fine. Asking him to be some perfect QB behind that terrible OL is just not possible.

He did hold the ball to long on numerous plays and he made some bad decisions, but his 4th quarter play was absolutely fantastic.

54 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Pretty sure these stats are skewed because it includes week 7 but didn’t realize they’ve had this many big plays 

We had like none last year and I saw that hightower is only 1 of 3 receivers with multiple receptions over 50 yards this year so far.