Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

4 hours ago, Turnobili said:

Brett Favre

Pretty convinced hes going 2nd overall to the Jets. The NFL world made it clear that the Jets are taking a QB when the 49ers made a trade with the Dolphins,  Jets would trade out if they weren't going QB. I think they have their eyes set on Wilson. 

3 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Pretty convinced hes going 2nd overall to the Jets. The NFL world made it clear that the Jets are taking a QB when the 49ers made a trade with the Dolphins,  Jets would trade out if they weren't going QB. I think they have their eyes set on Wilson. 

Jets are definitely going Wilson imo. 

Would not be shocked with four QBs in the Top 4 picks. Maybe first time that’s ever happened?

1) Lawrence

2) Wilson

3) Lance

4) Fields

5) Sewell

6) Chase

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Would not be shocked with four QBs in the Top 4 picks. Maybe first time that’s ever happened?

1) Lawrence

2) Wilson

3) Lance

4) Fields

5) Sewell

6) Chase

Yes, it would be the first time. 4 QBs in the top 10 has only happened once in the modern era (2018, previous time was 70 years before in 1949)

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

1) Lawrence

2) Wilson

3) Lance

4) Fields

5) Sewell

6) Chase

A QB with 16 starts from North Dakota isn’t going top-3.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

FWIW a scout at the pro day today told the athletic that the Jets are locked in on Wilson at #2.

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Something tells me that's going to be hard to do when Jimmy is on IR by Week 8.

Lance has a lot of things he has to clean up but if he's forced to play I think he'll be used like the Bills used Josh Allen early in his career. Use his mobility to create and run a ton of RPO. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

FWIW a scout at the pro day today told the athletic that the Jets are locked in on Wilson at #2.

Yeah. The Eagles basically confirmed that. They were interested in trading up to #3, but only for Zach Wilson. The fact that they traded back and the Dolphins made a deal with SF is a strong indicator that the Jets are going Wilson.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Yeah. The Eagles basically confirmed that. They were interested in trading up to #3, but only for Zach Wilson. The fact that they traded back and the Dolphins made a deal with SF is a strong indicator that the Jets are going Wilson.

And there have been reports today that the Jets are shopping Sam Darnold. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Lance has a lot of things he has to clean up but if he's forced to play I think he'll be used like the Bills used Josh Allen early in his career. Use his mobility to create and run a ton of RPO. 

I'm just baffled why they wouldn't take Fields. Athletically, he's just as gifted, and he's a better thrower. If they take Lance over Fields, I'll be very happy as a rival fan. Shanahan's scheme is perfect for minimizing Fields's weakness while he develops.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I'm just baffled why they wouldn't take Fields. Athletically, he's just as gifted, and he's a better thrower. If they take Lance over Fields, I'll be very happy as a rival fan. Shanahan's scheme is perfect for minimizing Fields's weakness while he develops.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they went Fields, Lance, or Jones at #3. It's been weird to see so much Fields slander lately though. 

I think the Niners traded up for Lance who was likely the Falcons target. I think the Falcons wanted to sit him for a year and then flip Ryan for picks next offseason.

So assuming 1-3 is Lawrence Wilson Lance. Do the Falcons go for Fields at 4? Or is that pick now open for bidding? 

The Eagles & Dolphins have seemingly tied themselves to Hurts & Tua respectively. The WFT, Bears, & Saints could all upgrade, but they don't have the resources to move into the top 5. So that leaves the Panthers, Broncos, & Pats are vying for an upgrade. I really don't see those teams rolling back with their current QB's.

Watson is currently off the table. Wilson maybe for another year too. So you'd have just the 2 rookie QB's (Fields & Jones) for 3 teams...so the Falcons could end up with a haul too. 

Whoever loses out might have to settle for veteran options like Darnold, Minshew, or Jimmy G

Edited by 49ersfan

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

So assuming 1-3 is Lawrence Wilson Lance. Do the Falcons go for Fields at 4? Or is that pick now open for bidding? 

Who knows how teams actually feel about these QBs, there are so many smoke screens at this time of the year. Fields is a better prospect than Lance, imo. Plus he's a Georgia kid and I think Arthur Smith is a great coach for him and sitting behind a great QB like Ryan for a year would be huge for his development.