Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I will continue to think that Atlanta is not going QB at 4

If they do it's gonna be one of the craziest moves we have done in a long time and will honestly give me alot of pause about Terry Fontenot and the future of the Falcons under him.   To me this screams Ryan is our QB and the GM and HC standing behind him thinking he is the best chance for success over the next 3 to 4 years.  Which honestly he probably is.   Hell if you can atleast make Koetter look somewhat reasonable as a OC you are probably god tier almost XD

On 3/8/2021 at 1:05 PM, Rich7sena said:

Justin Herbert and Josh Allen has made rethink how I evaluate a prospect like Trey Lance. I was really down on Herbert, like many were, and seeing him thrive in the NFL makes me think teams are better equipped to leverage those high-end physical traits than they have been in the past. I usually don't put as much stock into a rookie season as others (I generally believe a quarterback's college career tells you more about him as a player than his rookie year), but Herbert was the best rookie QB I have ever seen and that means something.

Josh Allen is an interesting case as well because his 2020 season was spectacular, but I do think there is some evidence it may have been a flash in the pan ala Cam Newton's 2015 season.

I see a lot of Herbert in Lance when it comes to physical traits. I don't think it's absurd to believe he has a decent chance at being the best quarterback in this class given the right situation.

I think there's a much larger chance Lance becomes Drew Lock than Justin Herbert. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I read it as trajectory for career but I could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right--mobile, big arms, can make 'wow' passes, low completion percentage but are both super rough around the edges. They are both more raw talent more than 'ready day 1' type of guys.

I'm reading it more as physically similar but 🤷‍♂️.

Lance is much much more athletically gifted than Lock was. He's a better runner, faster, stronger arm, and bigger. Also, he played in a pro-style offense instead of a spread vertical offense. And, you're also pretty much describing Justin Herbert as a prospect. After all, you said this about Herbert:

Herbert is a perfect pairing for them. He needs a year of seasoning and they can afford to do that with Tyrod there.

Problem is a lot of their high level guys are going to be a little long in the tooth by the time either Tua or Herbert is going to be ready.

And the low completion percentage criticism is laughable. He played one game in 2020 and had a full season of a 67% completion in 2019.

• Like 1

In terms of comparison, I think that Lance is a lot like Ryan Tannehill coming out. VERY athletic, shows flashes of what he can do from the QB position, but super raw. He could be the next Josh Allen or Andrew Luck (if he becomes polished), or he could be Tannehill: Miami Edition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In terms of comparison, I think that Lance is a lot like Ryan Tannehill coming out. VERY athletic, shows flashes of what he can do from the QB position, but super raw. He could be the next Josh Allen or Andrew Luck (if he becomes polished), or he could be Tannehill: Miami Edition.

miami vice deal with it GIF