Dolphins name Tua starting QB

RaidersAreOne

Such a Brian Flores move. I just get such an ******* vibe from him. His people skills seem terrible. It's like, you're either 100 in with him or you're completely out. Minkah, Drake, Stills, Tunsil, Rosen, Flaherty.

Fitzpatrick is the primary reason the team is competitive right now. Lord, the deserved ****storm to come if Tua doesn't light it up. Crazy pressure to put on a rookie.

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

People are really shocked by this? It's been known since the get go that Fitz was basically just making sure the OL wouldn't get Tua killed.

You're assuming Tua won't get killed behind this OL, why? Are they that good? Is he going to process information or what he sees Defensively as quick as Fitz?

Someone said on TV (some network) that Fitz supposedly had the 3rd fastest time of release from snap to throwing the ball in the NFL? Got rid of the ball quickly because he's processing the info so fast. Is a rookie really going to do that?

The move was always expected at some point in 2020,  just not under these circumstances. Poor record, poor QB play, team going nowhere week 7 was absolutely in play, but none of that's the case.

I wish him well, truly do. Just hope it doesn't backfire. 

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

People are really shocked by this? It's been known since the get go that Fitz was basically just making sure the OL wouldn't get Tua killed.

You're assuming Tua won't get killed behind this OL, why? Are they that good? Is he going to process information or what he sees Defensively as quick as Fitz?

Someone said on TV (some network) that Fitz supposedly had the 3rd fastest time of release from snap to throwing the ball in the NFL? Got rid of the ball quickly because he's processing the info so fast. Is a rookie really going to do that?

The move was always expected at some point in 2020,  just not under these circumstances. Poor record, poor QB play, team going nowhere week 7 was absolutely in play, but none of that's the case.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The OL has been fine so as long as Tua isn't a snail he should be fine. Regardless, Fitz isn't the future and we all know he was going to implode at some point like he always does. It's really not some crazy confusing move.

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The offense will be radically different I would imagine. 

On 10/21/2020 at 3:48 PM, Phinsesq said:

I don't believe they did Fitz dirty, they are preparing for the future, Fitz has been great for the franchise but he was not the future of the franchise. No one believes that Miami is pushing for a super bowl appearance whether they win the division or not. Better to get some of those growing pains out the way now with Tua. 

The person(s) who did Fitz wrong was the person(s) who leaked the news before the team could be addressed. 

This is also a flawed argument, ESPECIALLY in Miami right now. 2020 is a weird year and they just saw their basketball team make the finals and take two games off the champs while having some key injuries. What if the NFL does a playoff bubble with no home field? Whose to say what could happen?

Now, we all would still be pretty sure that the Dolphins aren't going to the Super Bowl. But what I put above is most likely how the players are thinking. And even if it wasn't a weird year, the players are always going to want the players to play that give them the best chance, and for that reason this move makes zero sense. And if Fitz is feeling this way, you have to wonder how the rest of the team is feeling.

8 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Such a Brian Flores move. I just get such an ******* vibe from him. His people skills seem terrible. It's like, you're either 100 in with him or you're completely out. Minkah, Drake, Stills, Tunsil, Rosen, Flaherty.

Fitzpatrick is the primary reason the team is competitive right now. Lord, the deserved ****storm to come if Tua doesn't light it up. Crazy pressure to put on a rookie.

Yeah, if you don't buy in with the team first mentality and if you don't want to work you're obviously not going to be given a free pass. He's changed the culture around the organization in one and a half season. **** him I guess.

Tunsil trade and Rosen release have nothing to do with your narrative. Don't know who Flaherty is either btw. Edit: Are you talking about the former OL coach? Lol

Edited by Emerica
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Uh, no he's not

The defense played lights out in all three of our wins...

I was skeptical about Flores as first but he's definitely exceeded my expectations. No idea what your reservations are about him, but the team has played beyond the sum of its parts under his tenure.

Minkah was unfortunate for sure but he didn't buy in when we were shedding our dead money.

We received a king's bounty for Stills & Tunsil... not sure how that wasn't the right move no matter how you look at it.

The only mistake we made with Rosen was trading for him in the first place.

Flaherty? The ****s a Flaherty?

1 hour ago, FrantikRam said:

This is also a flawed argument, ESPECIALLY in Miami right now. 2020 is a weird year and they just saw their basketball team make the finals and take two games off the champs while having some key injuries. What if the NFL does a playoff bubble with no home field? Whose to say what could happen?

Now, we all would still be pretty sure that the Dolphins aren't going to the Super Bowl. But what I put above is most likely how the players are thinking. And even if it wasn't a weird year, the players are always going to want the players to play that give them the best chance, and for that reason this move makes zero sense. And if Fitz is feeling this way, you have to wonder how the rest of the team is feeling.

Apparently a lot of the locker room is speaking positively about this move, Jerome Baker in particular.. Tua has looked great in practice.

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

For what it's worth, the Dolphins OL is better than its been for over a decade and a half, even without Jackson

Probably not, but Tua is also more mobile than Fitzpatrick and (obviously) has way more upside as far as athleticism and arm talent is concerned.

21 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

When the reporters suggested that Miami could possibly start Tua after the bye, I'm 100% positive they had no clue the Dolphins would be 3-3, game out of 1st

Sure, would be uh, weird if we were 3-3 in week 11

coming off 2 Blowout Wins in large part to the play of Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

uh, no... he definitely played well versus Jacksonville and abusing a practice squad DB in SF, but we would've won those games regardless... same with NYJ but Fitzpatrick definitely didn't look great in that game.

6 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Sure, would be uh, weird if we were 3-3 in week 11

Kinda just proved my point. Its easy for a reporter to suggest that 3/4 of the way through the season "Week 11", that Tua would get to start the rest of the season. Not a month earlier.

6 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

uh, no... he definitely played well versus Jacksonville and abusing a practice squad DB in SF, but we would've won those games regardless... same with NYJ but Fitzpatrick definitely didn't look great in that game.

No game in the NFL are a given, a guaranteed win especially with a Rookie QB at the helm.

Edited by Nabbs4u

With the Rams and Cardinals as their next two games, it may have been prudent to wait until Game 9 against the Chargers.  They drop the next two, then a lot of over reacting fans are going to say dumb things and put in on Tua whether it's his fault or not.  I get using the bye week to get him extra prep time, but the timing is interesting.  Of course, if Tua can lead the team to a win over the next two games, it will build the hype that much more.

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Kinda just proved my point. Its easy for a reporter to suggest that 3/4 of the way through the season "Week 11", that Tua would get to start the rest of the season. Not a month earlier.

Well yeah. The NFL screwed us on that - but it seemed like the staff was confident enough with what they saw from him to pull the trigger, anyway.

No game in the NFL are a given, a guaranteed win especially with a Rookie QB at the helm.

I mean sure but he'd have had to been awful to have lost them given how the rest of the team was playing. That's what I was saying.

14 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

The idea that the basketball finals correlates to the NFL and what may or may not occur is a fallacy. This team is not a Superbowl contender at the moment. Of course players want to win, who wouldn't, but they are also professionals. No free agent or veteran should realistically have felt that this was Miami's year. In the end they all know, or have reasonable notice that they are building towards something. While possibly some teammates are surprised by the timing of the move I do not believe this locker room will revolt over the move. Fitz absolutely has a right to feel disappointed in the move, at the same time these are all "professionals", regardless of who is behind center, do your job and you very well may still be on the team if/when they are a legitimate contender which starting Tua now as opposed to later gets them closer to that ultimate goal.