Buccaneers sign WR Antonio Brown

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Yeh, it seems at best overkill. At worst he destroys the chemistry of the team...OTOH it prevents Russel Wilson from grabbing another big weapon. That O is already almost unstoppable...

I seriously think that this is more about preventing other teams to grab him. It will be very smart in that sense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Yeh, it seems at best overkill. At worst he destroys the chemistry of the team...OTOH it prevents Russel Wilson from grabbing another big weapon. That O is already almost unstoppable...

I think it wouldve killed the Seahawks at worst. At best had no effect just like the Gordon signing from last season. The book is out on Brown. His ego, he is a head case and he needs to get his ego fed. Just like he blew up in Pittsburgh because Juju was getting the shine if he wouldve went to Seattle same thing wouldve happen with Metcalf and/or Lockett imo. The best landing spot for him wouldve been the Ravens because his cousin plays for them so it wouldve made him look horrible if his ego got the best of him if his cousin got more shine than him. Plus he wouldve got a chance to stick it to the Steelers twice and that wouldve made him happy. 

9 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

This team is looking like the "Dream Team" Eagles. 

The Dream Team Eagles wasn’t a real thing. Asomugha and Babin were legitimately big signings and then pundits started making a big deal over signings like Vince Young, Ronnie Brown, Ryan Harris, Jarred Page.

What Tampa has put together is going to be almost unstoppable.

1 minute ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

The Dream Team Eagles wasn’t a real thing. Asomugha and Babin were legitimately big signings and then pundits started making a big deal over signings like Vince Young, Ronnie Brown, Ryan Harris, Jarred Page.

What Tampa has put together is going to be almost unstoppable.

Yeah I just dont see that with Tampa. Can they win the division and/or make the playoffs??? Yes. Can they win a game in the playoffs??? Yes. The issue with this team is not talent because they already have it. The issue is lack of chemistry and being undisciplined. They commit way too many penalties and if they have to go on the road to lets say Seattle in the playoffs (especially if they have fans during that time), I can literally see this undisciplined team implode. Now as I pointed out in another thread, give them an entire offseason together to get chemistry, work out some of their undisciplined issues so they can be more buttoned up, and hopefully they can stay relatively healthy they can go make Superbowl run next season. They dont need Brown. There is only one ball and I dont see a scenario where a healthy Fournette gets 25 carries and Brown be ok with only catching 4 balls or vice versa. Gronk already sarcastically said he came to Tampa to block. He wants to be out there catching passes. I havent even mentioned Evans whom you know he is thinking he is better than Brown. Then what about Godwin who was PFF top ranked receiver last season so you know he feels like he is a great receiver and wants to show it. Dealing with alot of egos on top of again this team being undisciplined. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out but I just dont get this move. 

Need him. Mike is out there hobbling on one leg, and STILL being double teamed not 100%. Teams are rolling coverage, so F it go get people thats going get teams to play honest. CG12 hamstring is not fully healed, we need a reliable healthy right now. Good job Arians

Tyler Johnson and Scottie Miller talented players but they arent AB.

14 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah I just dont see that with Tampa. Can they win the division and/or make the playoffs??? Yes. Can they win a game in the playoffs??? Yes. The issue with this team is not talent because they already have it. The issue is lack of chemistry and being undisciplined. They commit way too many penalties and if they have to go on the road to lets say Seattle in the playoffs (especially if they have fans during that time), I can literally see this undisciplined team implode. Now as I pointed out in another thread, give them an entire offseason together to get chemistry, work out some of their undisciplined issues so they can be more buttoned up, and hopefully they can stay relatively healthy they can go make Superbowl run next season. They dont need Brown. There is only one ball and I dont see a scenario where a healthy Fournette gets 25 carries and Brown be ok with only catching 4 balls or vice versa. Gronk already sarcastically said he came to Tampa to block. He wants to be out there catching passes. I havent even mentioned Evans whom you know he is thinking he is better than Brown. Then what about Godwin who was PFF top ranked receiver last season so you know he feels like he is a great receiver and wants to show it. Dealing with alot of egos on top of again this team being undisciplined. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out but I just dont get this move. 

You’re underestimating their defense too.

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

You’re underestimating their defense too.

No I know their defense is legit but I’m just saying talent is not an issue it’s chemistry and learning how to be more disciplined. They are adding Brown when Brady hasn’t truly gotten to play multiple games with Godwin and Fournette together in the lineup. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

No I know their defense is legit but I’m just saying talent is not an issue it’s chemistry and learning how to be more disciplined. They are adding Brown when Brady hasn’t truly gotten to play multiple games with Godwin and Fournette together in the lineup. 

Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Scotty Miller, and Justin Watson have all been on the injury report most of the season. They're our top four WRs.

We saw what happens when we've only got a banged up Evans to throw to when we played Chicago.

No risk it, no biscuit.