Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

This is so pathetic.  I have to listen all season to people talking about how great the Packers are and how Rodgers is playing at an MVP level.  (Nobody brings up the fact that they haven't beaten anyone who is any good).  Now I need them to beat a 1-5 Vikings team that is missing 2/3 of its defensive players at Lambeau Field and they just go out there and stink up the joint.  Thanks a lot Packers.  SMH.

oh crud, did you pic them in the knockout pool?

(from a guy who got beat by the friggin Jags in week 1)

Just now, Forge said:

He's a very average QB in the league, just like a guy like Cousins...and average QBs have amazing volatility in their results. Average QBs can have great games...and then they can produce awful games. Its something that people en masse don't acknowledge all that much. 

The biggest issue is how much franchise QBs are paid. You can get away with paying Rodgers and Mahomes a huge chunk of your cap but the next tier down is pretty crippling to teams. You kinda have to pay them because it's hard to upgrade from them but once they're paying that kind of money it cripples the team a lot.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's a very average QB in the league, just like a guy like Cousins...and average QBs have amazing volatility in their results. Average QBs can have great games...and then they can produce awful games. Its something that people en masse don't acknowledge all that much. 

OMG someone is telling the truth. But don't go to the Rams section and say that. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jakuvious said:

I'll have to introduce you to Bearerofnews. His posts are fun.

Never said he "can't" said he doesn't. Which is 100% true. When he has to he can. He has to, less than aby other qb, by ALOT. It's the truth. I'd love anyone to provide data suggesting otherwise, im all eyes.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

The biggest issue is how much franchise QBs are paid. You can get away with paying Rodgers and Mahomes a huge chunk of your cap but the next tier down is pretty crippling to teams. You kinda have to pay them because it's hard to upgrade from them but once they're paying that kind of money it cripples the team a lot.

Teams gotta start trading these dudes to sucker franchises right before their payday then draft another one. Look how good Herbert is year 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

This is so pathetic.  I have to listen all season to people talking about how great the Packers are and how Rodgers is playing at an MVP level.  (Nobody brings up the fact that they haven't beaten anyone who is any good).  Now I need them to beat a 1-5 Vikings team that is missing 2/3 of its defensive players at Lambeau Field and they just go out there and stink up the joint.  Thanks a lot Packers.  SMH.

You're not getting the #1 pick despite the tank, so why torture yourself? The NY Jets still exist.

Just now, SkippyX said:

oh crud, did you pic them in the knockout pool?

(from a guy who got beat by the friggin Jags in week 1)

No.  I want the Vikings to tank for Trevor Lawrence.  This worthless win will put them out of it completely unless they want to trade up, which is something I know they will never do.  They'll end up with some guy who will go on to become a Top 15-20 QB in the league.  Fifty years and it just never changes with them.