Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The biggest issue is how much franchise QBs are paid. You can get away with paying Rodgers and Mahomes a huge chunk of your cap but the next tier down is pretty crippling to teams. You kinda have to pay them because it's hard to upgrade from them but once they're paying that kind of money it cripples the team a lot.

Preaching to the choir. I've got into this on the 49ers board because I think it's fairly silly to pay a guy like Jimmy 27 million. I don't think you're getting much over what you get from a lot of other QBs who are considered "worse", especially when you account for the system. 

19 minutes ago, 43M said:

You make a comment about the Ravens missing players and still dominating.    Several people point out the Steelers are missing key players too.   Instead of just acknowledging that, you get triggered and start acting childish.

But yeah...great look.

I’m not ignoring it and i’m certainly not triggered buddy lol.

You guys are missing players too. Ok. Happy? This wasn’t a grand conspiracy on my end to paint the steelers in a negative light lol was an observation about the game.

And you got manhandled up front in the first half.

You guys are dominating currently through the 2nd half.

These are facts. They don’t bother me one way or the other...it’s what’s happened so far in the game lol

Just now, Chiefs_5627 said:

You were griping about the Jet sweep saying Pat was "stat padding" I believe 🤣

If you don’t hate that those BS flip hand offs are called passing TDs then we can’t have any kind of dialogue. That’s just bogus nonsense to inflate passing stats.

And if you don’t think Mahomes/Reid are trying to pad some passing stats today to make up some pretty average weeks then you’re not watching the same game. 

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The biggest issue is how much franchise QBs are paid. You can get away with paying Rodgers and Mahomes a huge chunk of your cap but the next tier down is pretty crippling to teams. You kinda have to pay them because it's hard to upgrade from them but once they're paying that kind of money it cripples the team a lot.

100% this

While I am loving Josh Allen on the Bills, I am terrified of the concept of paying him if he sits in that like 6th-12th best QB range come contract time

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

Bills aren't going anywhere with this D

If it's any consolation, you can replace "Bills" with like four or five of the other top 10 teams in the NFL this year. Packers, Seahawks, maybe the Saints or Titans.