Week 8 General Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

There didn't seem to be anything immediately provoking him walking up to him, tapping him, sucker punching him, then following it up with an even stronger jab while the other guy is standing there doing absolutely nothing.

No place in the league for that kind of stuff.

Yes suspend him. Throwing him out the league is going too far. If Myles Garrett is still playing, then I see no reason why he shouldn’t. (BTW I did not advocate for Garrett to be kicked out the league). 

That second hit btw, he’s gotta defend himself. After that first hit you defend yourself. 

49ers have 112 total yards through 3 quarters. 7 points. Here are a few of the guys getting the bulk of high leverage snaps on defense for Seattle: 

Jonathan Bullard, Damontre Moore, Stephon Sullivan, Alton Robinson, Damarius Randall, Bryan Mone, DJ Reed, Ryan Neal, LJ Collier.

Edited by animaltested

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

Yes suspend him. Throwing him out the league is going too far. If Myles Garrett is still playing, then I see no reason why he shouldn’t. (BTW I did not advocate for Garrett to be kicked out the league). 

That second hit btw, he’s gotta defend himself. After that first hit you defend yourself. 

I actually applaud CGJ's ability to keep his cool in that situation. It's often the second guy who gets penalized.

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Word is Saints were all in on Mahomes if Chiefs didn't snipe him. Can you imagine the numbers Mahomes would be putting up with those weapons in that offense? Would be asburd, Andy Reid does too much dink and dunk and gadget plays

Ah yes, the QB-killing coach Andy Reid. The guy who just torpedos his QB's chance at putting up nice numbers. Poor Patrick.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I actually applaud CGJ's ability to keep his cool in that situation. It's often the second guy who gets penalized.

That's what I thought Wims was originally going for in trying to get CGJ to react to a minor push and flop for a penalty, but he just went bonkers.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Didn't the face touch happen in the first half? Plenty of time to cool off and not go seek a guy out on the football field for intentional physical violence in retaliation. No excuse. Not even a little.

A whole 30+ minutes had passed. Wims dont care about winning or playing. He had one mission, go get the cb as soon as the team puts me back on the field. If I'm coach he ain't playing for a while. 

1 minute ago, animaltested said:

49ers have 112 total yards through 3 quarters. 7 points. Here are of the guys getting the bulk of high leverage snaps: 

Jonathan Bullard, Damontre Moore, Stephon Sullivan, Alton Robinson, Damarius Randall, Bryan Mone, DJ Reed, Ryan Neal, LJ Collier.

They are playing well tbh, finally some pressures.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

CGJ is a scumbag but he's a scumbag that got his team 15 yards.

The league may fine or suspend him but he helped his team.

Mims did the opposite.