Week 11 Post game: IT'S ALL BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE TYLER ERVIN I SWEAR

Norm

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Welcome to press conferences, this answer could have been from Mac, LaFleur or the next HC. 

Continuity in that locker room is more important than him sharing his honest thoughts with you, the fan.

Which is why I phrased it the way I did. I don't expect LaFleur to say anything different, but it's still a lame response, especially when this problem has existed for the last 2 years. Personally, I think LaFleur is ready to make a change, I'd almost bet on it. But I bet he's been told behind closed doors to wait out the season. 

My MVS rant....of sorts.

I'm fine with him still "growing" - its not like we didnt know it was gonna take time with the dude when he was drafted. He was from a small program and all physical skills.

I just want him to train and change his method of catching a football. Basically - I want him to turn his hands into clamps - fine tune his hand/eye coordination - and lose the basket/gather the ball against his body style.

The long KEY reception down the middle of the field late - he basically waited on the ball to drop to below shoulder level and he basket caught it against his body -  as opposed - to going up and snagging that thing with two "strength enhanced" hands. By waiting - he puts the ball in play for a DB.  Gives him more time for an easier/possible PBU.

Davante - plucks the ball out of the air with both hands - tucks it in/protects it.
Cobb - used to snag the ball with both hands - (probably still does....) tucks it in and protects it.
Lazard is getting better at it - but he's not lost the collect it against his body habit entirely yet.

Thats it for me. Route running and the nuances of that......I'm guessing that'll come later with him (if it ever does) - but LOSE the weak hands and basket catches.  Thats up to coaching and player diligence.....wanting to get better.

8 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Which is why I phrased it the way I did. I don't expect LaFleur to say anything different, but it's still a lame response, especially when this problem has existed for the last 2 years. Personally, I think LaFleur is ready to make a change, I'd almost bet on it. But I bet he's been told behind closed doors to wait out the season. 

Pettine has been on the hot seat since the end of last season. I think LaFleur appreciates some aspects of what he’s trying to do and brought him back for one last chance.

I don’t believe anyone is telling coach who his staff needs to be behind closed doors. He very well may have someone in mind who is currently with a different team (SF and ATL and Ten have the deepest connections) and won’t rock the boat while we have playoffs on the horizon. 

Next six games are all winnable so let’s see what we look like if we get to the postseason. I think there will be a change even if we win a few games. If we win a SB, all bets are off but I’ll be so ecstatic (drunk) that I won’t remember any of this. 

41 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If at the beginning of the season we would know that at 10 games into the season MVS would have over 500 yards receiving and 4 TDs, we would have been ecstatic. MVS is a very good second option with still plenty of room to grow. 

I cant agree. Great #4, Decent #3, Bad #2.