Post game: GB 35 DAL 31

Rodjahs12

It was a tale of two halves for the defense. The first half was awful, the 2nd half was a net -3 points they gave up, and technically if the NFL made the right call, they could say a net +4 points.

Besides the Bears game, we've been outscored 66-26 in the first half. Something anyone can agree on, both the offense and defense need to start out games better. With the adjustments we've been able to make and Aaron's streak leading at half, we need to start better.

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

I agree.  When a runner is down they can't stretch the ball forward and get that spot.  By all accounts, Elliott was stopped and stretched the ball out.  If the Packers would have knocked the ball out of his hands while stretching it out, I can almost guarantee they would have ruled him down as forward progress was stopped.  

That's a good point. There is probably a bit of a lean in favor of the offense in these situations. The refs seem generally hesitant to award turnovers on borderline calls in many situations. 

I didn't have a big problem with the ruling, but I can see the argument both ways. It's a tough thing to officiate when a ballcarrier is suspended in the air by a bunch of bodies, which introduces grey areas. I guess in the pure sense of the definition, if Elliot wants to keep the forward progress, he shouldn't tuck the ball at the end. That fairly comes with the price of risking the ball getting knocked out (which they probably wouldn't rule a fumble anyway). The ruling is a intentionally different at the goalline than other parts of the field and last night the were trying to rule that like a goalline play. 

All that being said, I'm sure if the roles were reversed, we'd see a bunch of Packers fans here arguing that the runner's forward progress gained the firstdown.

Positives

- Godgers

- Aaron Jones!!! 

- Devante Adams

- Blake Martinez, thought he played his best game yesterday.

Negatives

- Kevin King's concussion, forced Rollins and Randall onto field. Still have hope for Randall, none for Rollins, he looks terrible. 

- Refs

- Injuries to Nelson, Burnett, King. Smh, when is it all going to end?

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

because I know you haven't combed the play by play from the other 4 games for questionable calls or situations like turnovers that benefited the dallas offense and led to points which "context" would wipe out.

You'd have to be insane to do that without actually posting about it.

Oh don't doubt my insanity.

2 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Adams will be a rich man soon.....  that catch may have screwed our cap

5/80m at least IMO

i disagree.. only 5-10 qbs have a chance to make that kind of throw. if you have a garbage QB he doesn't have the straight line wheels to create big windows for them to throw through.

his style flourishes only when he has a guy who can fit it into the tight windows he creates with his excellent body control AND a system with option routes where he can adjust to what the defense is doing in real time after the snap to use his shiftiness to create space.

45 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Positives

- Godgers

- Aaron Jones!!! 

- Devante Adams

- Blake Martinez, thought he played his best game yesterday.

Negatives

- Kevin King's concussion, forced Rollins and Randall onto field. Still have hope for Randall, none for Rollins, he looks terrible. 

- Refs

- Injuries to Nelson, Burnett, King. Smh, when is it all going to end?

Rollins just fails to get his hands on receivers time and time again.  If he could just thwart them at the line a bit he's stand a much better chance at defending a pass.  

Somebody pls check on Randall's mental state

The Green Bay Packers embattled cornerback came up with a game-changing interception that he returned for a touchdown in the fourth quarter of Sunday's comeback win in Dallas, but he spoiled it with an unsportsmanlike penalty when he flipped the ball toward Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott in the end zone.

Then, when asked about it after the game, Randall claimed ignorance to the fact that he was called for a penalty.

"What happened after the play?" Randall said. "I don't think I had a penalty."

When told that he did, Randall replied: "Yeah, I don't think I got a penalty."

When told he flipped the ball toward Prescott, he said: "Flip what?"

14 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

i disagree.. only 5-10 qbs have a chance to make that kind of throw. if you have a garbage QB he doesn't have the straight line wheels to create big windows for them to throw through.

his style flourishes only when he has a guy who can fit it into the tight windows he creates with his excellent body control AND a system with option routes where he can adjust to what the defense is doing in real time after the snap to use his shiftiness to create space.

ok 5/70m  

inflation

youth

need

35 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Frickin bizarre is spot on. LIS I met the guy and talked to him at the Detroit Airport his rookie year and he came off very well spoken, humble, mature, and intelligent. Obviously a short period of time to make that assessment, but his aura was nothing like what it seems  we are seeing. I'm pretty skeptical of people in general and he seemed like a very likable guy.  I'm literally shocked. Bizarre is the perfect word for me since I did actually meet and talk with him

17 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I do not like Randall very much. That said, I need to watch it again. I am not sure he knew Prescott was there when he flipped it honestly. Benefit of the doubt for now but otherwise, yeah, he needs to get a clue.

Archived