2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

I was actually thinking if we do trade Jimmy away to NE, we may be able to get Gilmore in return. No secret the Pats put him on the market and he only has one year left on his deal. Gives us instant help at a position of need and is still obviously a hell of a player. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

This makes me very happy. Tapp is a VT hero, for one. And he's also a stand-up guy who had to get by with technique rather than pure athletic ability, which I think makes for a better background for a coach rather than someone who got by on pure athleticism. 

I'm excited that he gets to reunite with Kocurek and lend his brain to our D-Line.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

This makes me very happy. Tapp is a VT hero, for one. And he's also a stand-up guy who had to get by with technique rather than pure athletic ability, which I think makes for a better background for a coach rather than someone who got by on pure athleticism. 

I'm excited that he gets to reunite with Kocurek and lend his brain to our D-Line.

He also apparently has some history with Demeco from Philly, so sounds like that is going to be something that probably gets done. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He also apparently has some history with Demeco from Philly, so sounds like that is going to be something that probably gets done. 

That's right, they did play together. I don't expect to see or hear much about Tapp since he's only an assistant, but I'm still happy to have him on our side. 

13 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Yep, from what I read, those picks can be traded

I believe that is correct as well. I know that Barrows was asked about this and his understanding was that they are regular comp picks once they are given (thought they are after the player comp picks) and can be moved. 

41 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Is it just a 3rd or 2 3rds ? For this and next year?

We got two thirds for Saleh. One this year and next. Mayhew is one additional third in 2023. 

If you have a GM and HC hired, you get three. One gm or one HC is two thirds. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

We got two thirds for Saleh. One this year and next. Mayhew is one additional third in 2023. 

If you have a GM and HC hired, you get three. One gm or one HC is two thirds. 

Gotcha good to know! That's cool we get 3 years of extra 3rd round picks. 

• Like 1