Better Team: Browns - Titans - Packers - Colts

mdonnelly21

Best Team   

76 members have voted

1. 1. Best Team

14 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I was between the two. 

Nice to know you must think we are better than the Ravens though :D 

IMO, considering that the Browns and Colts have comparable records/resumes, I think you take the head to head in that case instead of an "outlier" game, albeit the Ravens now in December vs. the beginning of the year aren't the same team.

Ironically, the game vs. the Patriots for Baltimore seemed to be a major "turning point" in their season. They still have some time to turn it around, but 5-6 vs 6-5 that the two teams have also isn't a major difference.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

IMO, considering that the Browns and Colts have comparable records/resumes, I think you take the head to head in that case instead of an "outlier" game, albeit the Ravens now in December vs. the beginning of the year aren't the same team.

Ironically, the game vs. the Patriots for Baltimore seemed to be a major "turning point" in their season. They still have some time to turn it around, but 5-6 vs 6-5 that the two teams have also isn't a major difference.

The Colts were missing their best defender in Darius Leonard and most important offensive player besides Rivers in Castonzo. Might be a bit bias but the Colts have more impressive wins against good teams (Titans, Packers).

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

The Colts were missing their best defender in Darius Leonard and most important offensive player besides Rivers in Castonzo. Might be a bit bias but the Colts have more impressive wins against good teams (Titans, Packers).

Ah, I don't wanna hear that excuse at all. The Browns were out Larry Ogunjobi and Karl Joseph at S, not to mention Greedy Williams at CB. The injury excuse is a wash at best.

If you want to argue more impressive wins, I'll hear that. The Browns haven't beaten anyone good at all, because I don't even think the Colts are good. Phillip Rivers has a noodle for an arm, is still as a statue, their running game is mediocre, but I do love their Head Coach. He's done an excellent job considering what he's had to work with from a personnel standpoint on offense.

The Browns won by 9 points, and quite frankly, dominated the game more than the score indicated.

5 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Also the Colts were going toe to toe with Tennessee without Buckner, Autry and Okereke on defense and no Kelly on offense (all 4 played week 10). Once Castonzo went out the Colts fell apart. 
D Henry vs Colts (week 10) 19/103 0 TD 

D Henry vs Colts (week 12) 27/178 3 TD 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ah, I don't wanna hear that excuse at all. The Browns were out Larry Ogunjobi and Karl Joseph at S, not to mention Greedy Williams at CB. The injury excuse is a wash at best.

If you want to argue more impressive wins, I'll hear that. The Browns haven't beaten anyone good at all, because I don't even think the Colts are good. Phillip Rivers has a noodle for an arm, is still as a statue, their running game is mediocre, but I do love their Head Coach. He's done an excellent job considering what he's had to work with from a personnel standpoint on offense.

The Browns won by 9 points, and quite frankly, dominated the game more than the score indicated.

Rivers did play an awful game and was responsible for those 9 points. Pick 6 and safety. The Colts D played much better in the second half but those two mistakes were the difference in the ball game. So no the Browns didn’t dominate by more than 9 points lol. Also duh Rivers is a statue he’s always been one lol. 

Edited by Blackstar12

6 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Rivers did play an awful game and was responsible for those 9 points. Pick 6 and safety. The Colts D played much better in the second half but those two mistakes were the difference in the ball game. So no the Browns didn’t dominate by more than 9 points lol. Also duh Rivers is a statue he’s always been one lol. 

I guess we'll see who the better team is. Personally, I think it's coming down to the Chiefs, Steelers, and Titans in the AFC in that order. After that, I think it's Buffalo, then Cleveland, then the Colts. If Baltimore figures it out in any semblance, I think they're better than the Colts and Browns.

The Colts have several key matchups against the Texans twice, the Raiders, and the Steelers. I think that they probably lose at least 2 of those games.

How the Colts do against those teams, as well as how the Browns do against the Titans this week and the Steelers and Ravens down the stretch after getting throttled and embarrassed the first time around will be telling.

I just don't buy into the Colts at all this year.

I mean we can play the injury card for most teams especially this time of year. No Adoree Jackson all year, Lewan out for the year since week 4, Jayon Brown out for the season, Kern missed like a month and the special teams is the big reason why they lost the first Colts game, 2nd and 3rd round pick have basically missed the whole year(Fulton played the first 4 games), etc. The point is everyone deals with injuries and this year they have to deal with COVID. The good teams find a way to exploit those other teams misses.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I guess we'll see who the better team is. Personally, I think it's coming down to the Chiefs, Steelers, and Titans in the AFC in that order. After that, I think it's Buffalo, then Cleveland, then the Colts. If Baltimore figures it out in any semblance, I think they're better than the Colts and Browns.

The Colts have several key matchups against the Texans twice, the Raiders, and the Steelers. I think that they probably lose at least 2 of those games.

How the Colts do against those teams, as well as how the Browns do against the Titans this week and the Steelers and Ravens down the stretch after getting throttled and embarrassed the first time around will be telling.

I just don't buy into the Colts at all this year.

That’s fair not here trying to convince you Colts are better. Like you said these last few games will paint a clearer picture. Other than the Chiefs and Steelers there’s not that much difference between the other teams currently in the playoffs. 10-6 isn’t a guarantee for the playoffs this year. That’s why it wouldn’t be shocking if the 6th and 5th seeds beat the 3rd and 4th seeds this year.

Edited by Blackstar12

36 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Also the Colts were going toe to toe with Tennessee without Buckner, Autry and Okereke on defense and no Kelly on offense (all 4 played week 10). Once Castonzo went out the Colts fell apart. 
D Henry vs Colts (week 10) 19/103 0 TD 

D Henry vs Colts (week 12) 27/178 3 TD 

you....realize that that week 10 stat line is still ~5.4 ypc? lol. we just had go away from the run game a bit after running up that deficit due to the special teams blunders.

more generally though i'm tired of the injury excuse for this game. we played you guys with a 3rd string left tackle, practice squaders starting at ILB and CB, our best edge rusher out, our #1 CB out. many of these guys are out for the year or have been out for extended periods of time. we whipped a good buffalo team coming off a covid outbreak without a bunch of our starters, including jeff simmons who is our best player on defense. every team is dealing with injuries.