Rich7sena

The Carr Dilemma 2021  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Carr in 2021

• Option 1: extend Carr
    • Option 2: trade Carr
    • Neither

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Yes I get it you're wrong and making things up.

113 of Carr's 303 passes went to one of the top 3 WRs for more than 12.5 yards avg but you insist that he doesn't like throwing the ball deep to the WRs. 

I never said anything close to that.

Not only do you not understand how contracts or averages work, you don't seem to grasp how forums work and apparently believe it's just you and, what, a screen?

Luckily enough, air yardage is a recorded stat. As it currently stands, Carr's average depth per attempt to his top 4 receivers is 11.45 yds, bouyed by Ruggs's 16.6. He's 4th in targets by a pretty good amount. Without the low targets boosting the average, it dips to 9.7 yards. 

On 12/24/2020 at 3:16 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJLh5wBBjBk/?igshid=1gddr47tmfafq

link won’t post but it’s a pff carr trade idea

If Mariota balls out the last 2 games and shows he can elevate Gruden's system I am listening.  Without that I am holding onto Carr.  If Mariota sucks and we do not have Carr this year we are probably drafting top 5.  There are a few stopgap options in FA and we could draft his replacement but we would have a high chance of having a very bad year next year.  I think the time for Gruden to get rid of Carr without a proven replacement would have been after year 1 or 2.

Would need to be a first this year and a second this year and next years 3rd. Colts first round pick will be so late that it would need to be this years second to make up for it.

Not saying I would trade Carr, but thats what it would take so dont come at me Carr fanatics 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Would need to be a first this year and a second this year and next years 3rd. Colts first round pick will be so late that it would need to be this years second to make up for it.

Not saying I would trade Carr, but thats what it would take so dont come at me Carr fanatics 

I'd take a 2021 1st and 2nd and a 2022 3rd. 

Like you, I think that's what it would take, and that's depending on the desperation of my trade partner. Trading a proven commodity, arguably in his prime, I would expect Mayock and Gruden to orchestrate some highway robbery before parting ways with him.

Carr holds a lot of trade value and you throw in his contract makes him more valuable. I don't think the Raiders would trade him this offseason. I think they go after the defense and give it one more run with Carr.

MM you should be able to trade away. Was hoping we would get 2 more games to up that trade value. 

Pats offense has always been about the short game. Carr would have fit in perfectly with the system cause it wouldn't ask him to do things that make him uncomfortable. 

On 12/24/2020 at 6:17 PM, BayRaider said:

We’d be the dumbest team in the world not to accept that. However, there is zero chance Indy would offer such a dumb trade. 

Lol you're a dumb a$$. 

That is not even close to enough for Carr. Maybe 2 first and a second and I would consider it. But even then no thanks

Picks in the 20s aren't where you find a replacement and the colts are the best team in the AFC with Carr under center.