2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Gotta think the Pats are wondering why they paid Agholor so much right now.

Nelly and Booker both got paid, good look for us. If you're an after thought FA struggling to get a job, come to Vegas and get paid the following offseason. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Boo Boo Smith-Schuster only had 8-9M offers and Nelly got $13M APY?!

Crazy that his offers were so low. 

Even crazier to me that he's going back to Pittsburgh, where he'll be stuck competing with Claypool, Johnson, Ebron, and even Washington (sort of) for catches with an ancient QB. 

Doesn't seem like the best spot for increasing his value for next year, especially of he winds up 4th or worse in the pecking order.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

We will see about Carr, but it’s obvious Gruden is signing of on all the defensive players coming in. When all we’ve heard is how Gruden only cares about one side of the ball.

I mean I guess. After watching his defense give up so many points and so many games he kinda had no choice at this point. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Not as bad I suppose. Have we made a good trade in the Gruden 2.0 era?? Can't think of any off top of my head.......

Hudson was a good trade IMO and we’ve gotten decent value with Mayock In Draft day trades 

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

I mean I guess. After watching his defense give up so many points and so many games he kinda had no choice at this point. 

Most of the cap space on offense went to guys like Mariota, Trent, TW and Incognito last year, but a lot of cats in here ignored that to push the Gruden only cares about offense narrative

8 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Most of the cap space on offense went to guys like Mariota, Trent, TW and Incognito last year, but a lot of cats in here ignored that to push the Gruden only cares about offense narrative

I mean gruden did sign all those guys though right. Gruden Tried to build the offense first. Not sure how anybody can deny that. He saw that it wasn't working. Now have adjusted. I think this works out great, kinda wish we started earlier. This is development year in my opinion. 

See what 3 year draft class can do with a real Defensive coordinator. Decisions on mullens abram and ferrell are right around the corner. See how carr does with o line that is developing. That way you can see if you gonna extend carr next offseason. James and good right now aren't gonna be as good, as hudson and Gabe was in pass pro.

Reed wrote a great article on this. I wouldn't say they are giving up on season but I think we are definitely looking fill holes with short term contracts develop the last 2 draft classes and hit it hard next fa to add two stars to the guys that develop well this season. I think we actually see our young players play this year instead of vets taking their snaps. 

21 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I mean gruden did sign all those guys though right. Gruden Tried to build the offense first. Not sure how anybody can deny that. He saw that it wasn't working. Now have adjusted. I think this works out great, kinda wish we started earlier. This is development year in my opinion. 

See what 3 year draft class can do with a real Defensive coordinator. Decisions on mullens abram and ferrell are right around the corner. See how carr does with o line that is developing. That way you can see if you gonna extend carr next offseason. James and good right now aren't gonna be as good, as hudson and Gabe was in pass pro.

Reed wrote a great article on this. I wouldn't say they are giving up on season but I think we are definitely looking fill holes with short term contracts develop the last 2 draft classes and hit it hard next fa to add two stars to the guys that develop well this season. I think we actually see our young players play this year instead of vets taking their snaps. 

I don’t think this is a developmental year, I think looking back that’s what we could call last year. And now in 21 guys will be featured more prominently especially on offense with guys like Ruggs, Edwards, James, Moreau looking at bigger roles. 

on defense we’ve added a bunch of vets and the young guys got plenty of reps last year. I’m looking to see who can make the jump like you said. But by no means does that mean we’re throwing this season away. It’s make or break for lots of people in the organization. 

• Like 3