2018 Head Coaching Candidates

G08

On 10/10/2017 at 4:37 PM, brazilianguy said:

Someone please make that happen, for Seattle's sake.

He is so overrated its ridiculous. He needs a good QB to start out with to be successful. He's not going to make a clown QB look good.

His playcalling is bad. His adjustments are non existent. Why anyone would want him is beyond me.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:59 AM, amazingandre said:

Color me unimpressed with Vrabel so far. He really lacks the gameday play calling touch. Hopefully he figures it out before our season is wasted.

Cooter and McDaniels stand out to me. 

It isn't the greatest job so far, but we're five games in. If he can get this Done chugging, WITHOUT Watt and Mercilius for the rest of the season, his star rises much more. 

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I hope it doesn't happen and he stays, but Jim Schwartz has to in the consideration. 

I think it's about time he gets another shot.

Personally, I'd love too see someone pry Chris Peterson away from Washington. I think he'd be a great NFL head coach

On 14/10/2017 at 5:42 PM, SteelKing728 said:

He is so overrated its ridiculous. He needs a good QB to start out with to be successful. He's not going to make a clown QB look good.

His playcalling is bad. His adjustments are non existent. Why anyone would want him is beyond me.

He doesn't even make Russell ******* Wilson look good consistently. He should have spread out that offense to mask the pass protection whoes a long time. 

On 10/12/2017 at 5:01 AM, Shady Slim said:

i know it won't happen but i'd like to see tomsula coach a team that doesn't suck

he's doing a great job with the line at the skins and i think he did well in san cisco given circumstances 

lol

he can coach an OL, but the dude shouldn't be anywhere near a HC position 

On 10/14/2017 at 11:26 AM, Jeezla said:

Vic Fangio is probably an upgrade over the Bears current HC. He should get a chance.

Most potential HCs would. He has had 6 winning seasons in his career, 3 because of Manning coming over (he could have coached that defense to a 7-9 record somehow).

I just don't think the Bears will seriously consider a defensive HC. After the OC carousel we had that ruined any chance of Jay being a good QB, they will want a HC with a system to keep him in and to develop him. Now if things start to flop I could see him getting an interim chance so if he struggles the Bears might have a chance at leverage in keeping him here as a DC.

With the way his unit is playing and his history, it won't happen, but I still feel like Tom Cable got a raw deal with Oakland back in the day. 

Someone mention Jim Harbaugh earlier. I doubt he'd leave Michigan. But me and a friend have often wondered what would happen if Indy came calling.

I imagine Josh McDaniels, Teryl Austin, Frank Reich, and Bill Nagy fielding at least initial calls. 

I'm not really sure if there are any college coaches looking to test the NFL at the moment though. 

36 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Todd Downing hasn't been named. Carr improved exponentially under him since  he was signed in 2015.

He's been a good QB's coach, one that Carr wanted to keep (which is why we promoted him after not retaining Musgrave). Don't know much else about him besides that I'm not a fan of his playcalling. It's his first year doing it, and everyone dislikes their OC it seems, I just don't know if he has the resume for a HC position. 

Just now, Tacos said:

He's been a good QB's coach, one that Carr wanted to keep (which is why we promoted him after not retaining Musgrave). Don't know much else about him besides that I'm not a fan of his playcalling. It's his first year doing it, and everyone dislikes their OC it seems, I just don't know if he has the resume for a HC position. 

Fair enough. I am fine with taking the approach the Rams did though. Get a young HC who focuses on the offense and the QB specifically, and hire a veteran DC (then pay a bit more so he is basically an assistant head coach). Getting a QB to develop makes the job far easier for any HC.

If anyone actually does that in Chicago they might get their initials on the jersey sleeve opposite of Halas' lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived