Week 16 GDT

Blackstar12

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Heres the thing about the run game that people keep mentioning. When your starting 2 practice squad WRs, the defense doesnt respect it and they load the box to stop the run. The Jets were daring the Browns WRs to try and get open and if they made a catch then who cares. They were packing the box and playing the run the entire game. 

Its extremely difficult to still be able to run the ball when there are 8-9 guys in the box nearly every down. So people need to stop acting like it should have been super easy for the Browns to simply run the ball and win.

Super easy?  No.  But when you build a team around being a running-identity team, you need to be able to have the running game step up to carry the lion's share even when the situations are difficult.  I'm saying COVID definitely played a factor.  Probably even a large factor.  It's not the be-all, end-all of why you guys miss the playoffs if you do.

Just now, NYRaider said:

You and @BayRaider think Carr is a franchise QB and that Lamar Jackson isn't even close to Jalen Hurts. Who's getting whooped up by Andy Dalton.

Wtf? I think Carr is a Franchise QB? You got the wrong guy lol. Carr is a serviceable Middle of the Road 14-17 Ranked guy.

Also, where did ron and I ever say Hurts is better than Lamar? I think Lamar is a Top 10 QB in the NFL (barely though). What we are saying is we think Hurts has more potential than Lamar, because is a better pure passer. Lamar is not a great pure passer, no matter how hard anyone tries to argue it.

Just now, iknowcool said:

Dude, you are talking nonsense.  Why the hell would a QB purposely play bad so that his team can draft another QB?  

And here you are, telling people they lack logic... Hilarious.

And Minshew is not hurt right now.  They split reps in practice.  He easily could have played today.  And he didn't.  Because the Jags gave up on him.  

Wow, your logic is staggering.

The GM or owner does not want to win games so they do not play Minshew.

Just now, BayRaider said:

Wtf? I think Carr is a Franchise QB? You got the wrong guy lol. Carr is a serviceable Middle of the Road 14-17 Ranked guy.

Also, where did ron and I ever say Hurts is better than Lamar? I think Lamar is a Top 10 QB in the NFL (barely though). What we are saying is we think Hurts has more potential than Lamar, because is a better pure passer. Lamar is not a great pure passer, no matter how hard anyone tries to argue it.

Hurts isn't a great pure passer either though. You were also proclaiming Tua is great when he made our defense look like the 1985 Bears before Fitzmagic came in and saved their season.

Just now, NYRaider said:

I like Hurts but to say that he's light years ahead of Lamar Jackson is a reach. But @ronjon1990 and @BayRaider regularly have some of the worst takes on the Raiders board so this is to be expected. 

Never said Hurts is a better QB than Lamar, nor would I rank Hurts anywhere near Lamar. This is a bold faced lie, which you do constantly. Potential, and comparing QB's early games, is totally different than what you are insinuating.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Hurts is playing fine. He just has a super terrible CB that we keep attacking.

Dallas is really good at finding the Eagles practice squad dude when they have CB depth problems.

This might be the 3rd game that they did this in the last 5 years.

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Lamar started like 1/2 of his rookie year, and in 3 games,  Hurts has been a far superior passer (as in, he already surpassed Jacksons TD total, in 3 games, against superior competition, on a dumpster fire team)

We've seen Lamar show he is capable of playing at an MVP caliber level in his 1st full season as a starter. Let's see how Hurts does over an entire season. Didn't Lamar lead the league in touchdowns last year? 

As I mentioned earlier, we have seen guys like Minshew look great early on (against top competition) only to come crashing back down to earth and be benched by Mike Glennon. Need more then a few games from Hurts. So far he has played really well though.