Week 17 GDT

candyman93

1 minute ago, FinSting said:

At least your team didn't have a chance to draft him, and picked another QB instead lol

Nah... my team just had our franchise QB completely regress into a total mess a year after his extension kicked in and is being a baby and trying to force his way out.

Defensive coordinator quit before we could fire him.

Head coach has regressed mightly since losing Frank Reich after the SB win.

General Manager has put us in a bad spot with very subpar drafting and kicking the can down the road with a lot of restructures.

Yeah man..... Dolphins are in a way better situation long term even if Tua turns out to be mediocre and not near as good as Herbert or Burrow. Keep your head up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Remember that whole thread and back and forth we had on Wentz and Herbert? @Bearerofnews @Oregon Ducks

Amazingly how bad that went for me... Wentz went from being pretty damn solid last year with absolutely no wide receivers to turning into a complete pumpkin in 2020 and looking like arguably the worst QB in the league.

Meanwhile, Herbert went from an underwhelming last season at Oregon and completely killed it as a rookie.

I never would've thought.... haha. Good for you guys though.

Biggest difference between Herbert and Wentz right now is confidence. And to a lesser extent injuries (knock on wood). I think Wentz can be salvaged. Just not sure it’s with the Eagles unfortunately. Sorry dude. I really liked him too and was so jealous of his 2017 season.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the ravens' offense was in a slump back then that they clearly no longer seem to be in lol

Funny how a team can get out of a slump when they start playing bad teams.

I think the Ravens have potential to be a very scary team in the postseason, if they're firing on all cylinders. But at the same time, this is still the team that struggled through the one tough stretch of their schedule. I said back when they were 5-1, that they're a team built to steamroll bad and poorly coached teams, and that they'd show what they were after the bye, and they proceeded to go 1-4. Everyone has now just forgotten those struggles because they had another weak stretch of opponents, against Dallas, Cleveland, Jacksonville, NYG, and Cincy, that they, predictably, steamrolled. Maybe they fixed issues, maybe they just went back to playing trash.

• Like 1

Just now, Xenos said:

Biggest difference between Herbert and Wentz right now is confidence. And to a lesser extent injuries (knock on wood). I think Wentz can be salvaged. Just not sure it’s with the Eagles unfortunately. Sorry dude. I really liked him too and was so jealous of his 2017 season.

Yeah, I agree with you. Wentz's confidence is just completely shot right now. There is more going on beyond that, but that is huge.

His mechanics have regressed. I hope he gets with a QB coach in the offseason like he did after his rookie season before his huge breakout 2017 season, even if he doesn't wanna return to the Eagles next season without promise of starting which I don't think he deserves to be given. He should have to earn it and if he doesn't wanna do that, then he can pout until he decides to do something with his contract to make the hit we would take easier or we get a really good to great offer from some team which probably won't happen.

There has also been a lot of talk that the coaches were tougher on him his first 2 seasons with Reich and Defilippo and that he hasn't taken to coaching as much since they left. His QB coach after they left for promotions after the SB was a guy that is barely older than Wentz. It's probably too buddy buddy and not enough discipline and tough love. 

Honestly if Wentz let the Foles talk after the SB and/or the Hurts pick affect his confidence and mentality that much to where he regressed like he did and especially in 2020, then that is on him and not a great sign for the leader of a team.

I also think he can be salvaged. He's stayed really healthy the past 2 years despite taking a ton of hits. Only time he missed really was that playoff game after the helmet to helmet hit by Clowney which gave him a concussion and nothing he can do about that one.

He just needs to go back to the drawing board with his mechanics and get his mind right to regain that confidence he's lacking, but he has to earn his job and leadership position back for me with the Eagles. I'm not just gonna give him the job if I'm Pederson or whover the coach will be and I sure as hell wouldn't just trade him for chump change and get like no cap relief just to get him out of the building. To me that would be rewarding him which he doesn't really deserve. I don't have a bunch of hate for him though. I've defended him a ton over the years, but what he did play and attitude wise this season really rubbed me the wrong way.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It's too early to quit on Tua, but I get why he's upset seeing how Burrow was playing before the injury with no OL and how Herbert has played over the course of the whole season.

Yeah, same. Just wasn't sure what the consensus was among Dolphins fans 

27 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Guessing that's sarcasm but I'll add some perspective.

Those other 3 guys were 1st team all-pro as rookies.

Herbert was maybe the 11th best QB in the league and the 6th best in the AFC. (12th best overall if you put a 12 game Brees ahead of him)

• When Manning set the 26 rookie TD mark he was 5th best in the league (Young led the league with 36)
  • Herbert's 31 TDs is 10th best (Rodgers had 48)

He has earned the rookie of the year award and he's the answer to some trivia questions.

I am still very impressed by his year, even if I put it in perspective.

Best based on what tds? When you say 11th or 12th best? Peyton also led the league in ints his rookie year.

Also, I'm saying best rookie season, not sure why we are comparing to Rodgers or others seasons this year. Unless the premise is how did those rookies do vs their counters that year and how did they rank in terms of league avg.

When you look at the totality of Herbert's rookie season vs other rookie seasons he has a legit argument.

If you just use efficiency, then you might as well say 2013 Foles > 2020 Mahomes.

In terms of volume numbers, records, efficiency.. man, it's hard to argue against it.

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Best based on what tds? When you say 11th or 12th best? Peyton also led the league in ints his rookie year.

Also, I'm saying best rookie season, not sure why we are comparing to Rodgers or others seasons this year. Unless the premise is how did those rookies do vs their counters that year and how did they rank in terms of league avg.

When you look at the totality of Herbert's rookie season vs other rookie seasons he has a legit argument.

If you just use efficiency, then you might as well say 2013 Foles > 2020 Mahomes.

In terms of volume numbers, records, efficiency.. man, it's hard to argue against it.

I think his point is that with how much passing numbers have increased leaguewide, Herbert's season isn't as impressive as it may look at first glance. Randy Moss was the best WR in football his rookie season. Herbert isn't yet close to being the best QB in football. The records are partially a result of how just passing numbers have climbed in general. Which is why he was passing guys like Wentz and Mayfield for rookie records.