2021 Offseason thread

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Remember that time the Eagles wouldn't pay a few extra shekels for a functional #2 CB but were willing to hold on to a backup tight end for 8.5 million into training camp? 

Good times. 

Not paying for the #2 CB is the right move. Holding onto Ertz is dumb. He should've been gone 18 months ago.

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'll see you in the game threads

ok and?

Anyone who thinks we're doing anything of note this year is fooling themselves. Why spend more resources when it's a deadend? Stockpile until winning something is plausible at least.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

ok and?

Anyone who thinks we're doing anything of note this year is fooling themselves. Why spend more resources when it's a deadend? Stockpile until winning something is plausible at least.

Well I think the division is very winnable so that's pretty notable.

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Well I think the division is very winnable so that's pretty notable.

So what if we win the division, by some miracle and throwing everything we have at the wall like fools.

We get to lose in the wild card again?

Some of you really don't grasp the concept of playing the long game.

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

So what if we win the division, by some miracle and throwing everything we have at the wall like fools.

These guys live their lives a quarter mile at a time, but this is the Baja 1000.

Well I can see a scenario now where Hurts ends up looking pretty good and we’re at the trade deadline and we trade for a corner. The other scenario is Hurts and meh/bleh and our D is mostly what we expected. 

As for Ertz, If theres any major TEs who get hurt before the trade deadline expect Howie to push hard to trade him. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Three potential 1st round picks can drastically change this team in 2022. They have to nail the picks of course. But they should be playing to win. Not sure why Ertz is still around but my guess they demanded to much and then teams lost interest for now. Unless he is traded before Monday, I don't see him leaving the Eagles for a while but we shall see.

17 minutes ago, ACO said:

Three potential 1st round picks can drastically change this team in 2022. They have to nail the picks of course. But they should be playing to win. Not sure why Ertz is still around but my guess they demanded to much and then teams lost interest for now. Unless he is traded before Monday, I don't see him leaving the Eagles for a while but we shall see.

>In 2022. They should be playing to win, in 2022. Save the cap space, don't throw **** at a wall and hope it sticks. Have a plan. 

10 hours ago, Danger said:

I think both games can be played short and long and then you adjust. I mean if we win the division, that would probably mean there's some chance that we can use those 3 FRP on positions other than QB which would then greatly speed up our time-line. 

This logic is so silly. Did fans think we were ready to compete for a SB in 2017? 2016 we were 7-9. Maybe we were on a decent trajectory but no one thought we were SB ready. 

Every season is a new beginning. Especially in the NFL. New coaches means a different, sometimes brand new, scheme for the league to adjust to. We have young players hungry to compete and prove themselves. Good veterans that can hold a team together. I don’t see world beaters as of yet, position to position, is but you build on these things. Makes no sense to WANT to tank. And let’s be honest, when have you ever seen an NFL team tank a whole season? It doesn’t happen. It’s a year to year league. A coach has no time to tank. Players either. There’s always someone looking to take their jobs yearly. Taking a year off may mean jobless the next. Guys talking tank around here are practicing futility and ignorance. This isn’t Madden. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

This logic is so silly. Did fans think we were ready to compete for a SB in 2017? 2016 we were 7-9. Maybe we were on a decent trajectory but no one thought we were SB ready. 

Every season is a new beginning. Especially in the NFL. New coaches means a different, sometimes brand new, scheme for the league to adjust to. We have young players hungry to compete and prove themselves. Good veterans that can hold a team together. I don’t see world beaters as of yet, position to position, is but you build on these things. Makes no sense to WANT to tank. And let’s be honest, when have you ever seen an NFL team tank a whole season? It doesn’t happen. It’s a year to year league. A coach has no time to tank. Players either. There’s always someone looking to take their jobs yearly. Taking a year off may mean jobless the next. Guys talking tank around here are practicing futility and ignorance. This isn’t Madden. 

Heavily agreed. This isn't MLB or the NBA where rebuilds are long term and you have to draft high and correctly just to be competitive. There are no lame duck seasons outside of Houston this year and even for them, they'll want to create a winning culture with their new HC in Culley. Why shouldn't we try everything we can to win and to create a winning culture with this new staff and QB? Like how is that backwards? Makes no sense to me to push back on signing a 28 year old CB2 for like $4-5M.

• Like 1