Elway promoted (kind of); George Paton hired as GM

lomaxgrUK

So torn on this I feel Champ is the best option for the here and the now. chicago has been bad at squiring wr, and te we're set there. They've been good at mustering up talent on defense we need more turnovers need some upgrades there.

Apparently he was the key cog behind free agency in 2014 now at the time I was like wtf are they doing. DRC played well for us and we moved on well Talib was an upgrade this is my favorite move because I feel a lot of personel people get complacent that move shows me otherwise. Same with the Decker for Sanders awitcharo and we screwed the chiefs over I love em all ready .

We know the other home runs he hit that off-season super impressive. I feel like bc he played managed in the Football league he has a knack for culture, leadership, what intangibles players bring. We need that right now in this youthful team 

He may get creative at Qb if he's not sold on Lock I'd be interested that's for sure definitely uses every resource.

Adam Peter's may be better at aquiring Young talent though and was praised for his time here. I honestly think it's moot I don't think we're in the running.

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Heck no to Rick Smith he was butt sauce outside the first 3 rounds if I recall talking to @ET80. He was only overshadowed bc of how inept OB was. He still squired Watson all the praise praise there I just never thought his rosters were deep enough.

He drafted JJ Watt and DeShaun Watson in the first round. I think that’s damn good. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

29 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Pro scouting. Former Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland has run college scouting for the Saints since 2017. 

Right - saw the scouting but missed the pro.   Ah well, don’t mind the Saints org pedigree, but not the mastermind...

Edd Dodds (Ind) along with Adam Peters (SF) are by far my two favorites so far.

Omar Khan (PIT) is intriguing given all the success that team has had over the decade he has been there, but I worry about the fact he hasn't been anywhere else. 

Kirchner (Sea) is ok.

Paton (Min) worries me, mostly because he has only followed around Spielman his whole career and has been passed over a few times for others but would be ok with him. 

Champ Kelly (Chi) is meh (I worry about his ability to evaluate offensive talent). 

No to Rick Smith. No to Zeigler. No to Fontenot. 

GM and Head Coach hires are so similar in that lets face it - we really don't have a clue, do we? We have no idea of their work ethic, people skills, scouting ability, etc. All people are doing is trying to join dots based on previous drafting history which in the end, could be utterly useless because we've not a clue what that person actually championed for.

Don't jump off a cliff if we hire someone that was in the room when Trubisky was drafted. Don't bet your house on the Broncos winning the Superbowl if we hire someone that was in the room when the Bills drafted Josh Allen. 

I know this is a forum, but with players we can attempt a educated opinion because the game is the game. This is totally different, so remember not to overreact either way 😄

• Like 5