-- [Complete] 2021 Head Coach Search - Nick Sirianni hired as Head Coach

Kiltman

Just now, DeSean Jackson said:

Everyone coming out in support for Duce, graham who will be gone in a year, and ex eagles. Hope that doesn’t influence the owner. Wouldn’t like that hire at all, just feel like it’s the same thing as he had a lot of input on a run game that was horrible. 

Duce is a fine hire if you look at the situation. He can lead the team a few years and be replaced when howie gets replaced in a couple years.

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

I think if Duce is passed up again he's gone. Especially if a guy with 2 years total experience as an OC, with one of those being college, gets the HC job.

I think so too, if that happens I could see him taking a HC job in college to get his cred up...if they produce offensively move up to the NFL as an OC on a fast track for HC. His alma mater was interested before.

He also wouldn’t have an issue finding a job on these new staffs. He’s well known enough at this point.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Duce is a fine hire if you look at the situation. He can lead the team a few years and be replaced when howie gets replaced in a couple years.

You might be the only one in this forum that has a proper assessment of what the next 2-3 years most likely looks like. All your co-fans are living in some imaginary lala land that they think its a 1 year rebuild and by 2022 you guys will be back.

Nah. Whomever you guys hire right now is likely going to be fired in 2023-24 time frame. Unless they truly are the next "McVay". 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Duce might have enough friends of friends that he could probably be ok getting a staff. I also think you can make Duce a figurehead and hire two good coordinators to run the offense and defense. 

Wonder if there are any obvious branches that seem compelling now from his time in Pittsburgh. Like maybe one of the coaches on staff there was a mentor or mentor once removed to someone...He probably could pull off one of the position guys from Buffalo. He’d know McDermott and Leslie Frazier enough to get a name. Back when I thought we only needed a DC I thought their secondary coach made sense.

Think Wade would be a real option for Brady or Duce too. Find it hard to believe they’d go full young staff and get like Mayo as DC to pair with them.

Wonder if they’d go young guy at OC or a retread like Dirk Koetter. Think they were talking about him on ITB (maybe) being a tough coach who might be able to break Carson out of his bs.

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You might be the only one in this forum that has a proper assessment of what the next 2-3 years most likely looks like. All your co-fans are living in some imaginary lala land that they think its a 1 year rebuild and by 2022 you guys will be back.

Nah. Whomever you guys hire right now is likely going to be fired in 2023-24 time frame. Unless they truly are the next "McVay". 

I haven't been to this part of the forum in a while but I thought you tucked your tail and quit years ago? 

30 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

D.Smith , Reagor, Fulgham, Ward and whoever else wants to step up. Would be pretty sweet with him at the helm. 

Yea, Wentz is a lost cause, but these receivers still have a chance to be molded into something that isn't overpaid, selfish, and bottom 5 at their position. 

I also wouldn't hate Brady if we win 6 or less games next year, because Wentz sucks. I just want the receivers to look good for our next QB. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yea, Wentz is a lost cause

He ain't a lost cause. I'm not saying I expect him to return to form, he'll be better than he was this season that much I'm sure of. Also helps that Doug is now gone and hopefully we can get a real coach in here.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ya we are gunna suck for four years straight, there is no hope, and we should just give up and sign whatever trash coach is willing to sign on with us.

This is the NFL. Teams go from trash to playoff contenders every single year. We might be terrible for the next four years and we might be a playoff team next year... who knows what happens. We play in a division where the winner of the division went 7-9. NO ONE was picking the Washington Football Team to win the NFC East. Hell not many people were picking them to get 7 wins. With decent coaching any team in the NFC East could make the playoffs next year, including the Eagles.

But ya, we the Eagles fans are stuck in lala land and should get our heads on straight, bow down to the mighty NFC East and pray we can see success again this coming decade. Being hopeful doesn't mean we aren't realistic. Ya, next year is likely bad due to the cap and our QBs, but what if the QBs play better again? And what if a new coach comes in and gets the best out of the young talent we drafted the past couple years and makes them look serviceable or better? This teams talent level isn't what it was in 2017, but it certainly isn't as bad as it looked in 2020. Crazier things have happened in this league.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

He ain't a lost cause. I'm not saying I expect him to return to form, he'll be better than he was this season that much I'm sure of. Also helps that Doug is now gone and hopefully we can get a real coach in here.

Take him out back and shoot him, he's done. Wentz was outplayed by every single QB he went head to head with. He's also, apparently, a d-bag to some his teammates. The dude isn't a leader. He's Jay Cutler 2.0. Dude wanted to leave Philly more than Doug did before Lurie caved in and assured him he'd be the starter next year. 

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya we are gunna suck for four years straight, there is no hope, and we should just give up and sign whatever trash coach is willing to sign on with us.

This is the NFL. Teams go from trash to playoff contenders every single year. We might be terrible for the next four years and we might be a playoff team next year... who knows what happens. We play in a division where the winner of the division went 7-9. NO ONE was picking the Washington Football Team to win the NFC East. Hell not many people were picking them to get 7 wins. With decent coaching any team in the NFC East could make the playoffs next year, including the Eagles.

But ya, we the Eagles fans are stuck in lala land and should get our heads on straight, bow down to the mighty NFC East and pray we can see success again this coming decade. Being hopeful doesn't mean we aren't realistic. Ya, next year is likely bad due to the cap and our QBs, but what if the QBs play better again? And what if a new coach comes in and gets the best out of the young talent we drafted the past couple years and makes them look serviceable or better? This teams talent level isn't what it was in 2017, but it certainly isn't as bad as it looked in 2020. Crazier things have happened in this league.

He's just trying to talk himself into it I think. Deep down he knows we'll be in the thick of the NFCE for years to come. Either by our own merit, or by the other three teams truly lacking any real direction. Stock is down on all 4 teams. Anybody can do anything.

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This your first go around being an NFL fan? Watch too much ESPN? Ah, your a cowboys fan. Makes sense now.