What Podcasts do you listen to?

ET80

A lot of stuff from the ringer. A couple ESPN.  A lot of stuff from the athletic. A lot of hockey stuff... Too many men, puck soup, dobber prospects, spittin chiclets, pdocast. 

Punk rock mba, dead meat podcast, some stuff from the challenge

Yo didn’t see this thread at all. 

Anyone listen to The Rematch? 

Came across it in a ESPN article and thought I’d give it a try. 

Also the Pat Mcafee show isn’t too bad. I find myself laughing out loud a few times throughout, he has had some good guests on Including a rod every Tuesday I think. 

Edited by mattyice0401

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wasn’t familiar with Christian Hand until this interview which is outstanding.  He breaks down the Beastie Boys’ “So Whatcha Want” with the actual stems.  They recorded their vocals with a Hello Kitty mic!!!  The entire interview is fantastic but the song analysis (which might be the best I've ever heard) starts around 53:00 min mark. 

Pardon My Take

Pat McAfee Show

Uncut with Jay Cutler 

Conan Needs a Friend 

WTF with Marc Maron

Smartless

the latter three are only when I’m bored. Conan is the best if the three though. Theo Von is worth a listen too sometimes. PMT is ideal bro talk about sports and games I missed. Pat is interesting and insightful but I don’t care about anyone on his podcast but him. Jay Cutler’s can be okay but I’ve skipped the last three weeks cause he’s interviewing people I couldn’t care less about. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The non sports shows I listen to regularly 

Tell Em Steve Dave

All Fantasy Everything 

Cautionary Tales

Fat Man Beyond

Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast

Good One

Harmontown

Never Not Funny

Penn's Sunday School 

Superego

The Piff Pod

The School of Movies

You Made It Weird

https://www.jamesellroy.net/news/audio-up-and-james-ellroy-to-produce-american-tabloid-as-12-episode-scripted-series/

I love the American Tabloid audiobook, and I’m really looking forward to the scripted podcast, which will be released on 7/4/22. James Ellroy also wrote the great novels LA Confidential and The Black Dahlia, and American Tabloid is even better IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The new podcast about The Wire is 2 eps in.  So far it's really good.

Smartless is still excellent with great chemistry between the hosts.  I'm going thru older episodes and finding some gems.

I know some ppl don't care for Bill Maher  with all the political talk on his HBO show but on this podcast, he's just smoking weed and cracking jokes.  His conversation with Freddie Gibbs is a riot too.

Rob Lowe asks good questions and is so upbeat you kinda catch a contact buzz from him lol

I'm a sucker for conversations about artistic process and Hart delivers 

Edited by thrILL!

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

God is that new version of the C*mtown podcast awful. They should've just found another comedian to replace Stav. Friedland is terrible and now there's no energy giver in the room to charge up Mullen who is/was the entire show.  Such a waste of talent. 

I haven't listened since Stav left, but I got the impression that the new version is just one giant joke and is bad on purpose. 

I'm glad I've got such a huge backlog of theirs to go through.

• Like 1