Super WC Weekend Thread: WFT vs. Tampa Bay

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Heinicke probably gets another 6-8 years in the NFL after this game.

Great job. He deserves a chance to be in the mix next year, even if its as the placeholder for a hotshot prospect.

It would be tough to keep Alex Smith at 24 million or so at 37 with all his injuries.

I rather cut Smith hopefully he just retires or takes less money to be our back up

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, I think Incognito said that in another thread. I'm just saying that the eye test and the more basic stats show we have the best pass defense this year by a pretty healthy margin. Us and New Orleans were the only teams to shut Brady down this year.

Yeah you may be right. Although when people reply with "eyetest," mine tend to roll a bit. Unless you're watching about 100 games a season, I honestly don't really trust your eyetest. I know you're a hardcore fan so maybe you are watching that or close to it. I know that at the stage of life I am at right now, I'm watching mayyybe 30 total games in the regular season. Not nearly enough for me to rely on any kind of eyetest that requires comparison to another team vs. the Patriots. I just don't watch other teams enough to judge.

DVOA has always been considered a fairly reliable advanced metric as you know, although I'm sure there are outliers here and there.

That likely GB-LAR matchup next week should be a great one. Good luck.

Edited by childofpudding

12 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Yeah you may be right. Although when people reply with "eyetest," mine tend to roll a bit. Unless you're watching about 100 games a season, I honestly don't really trust your eyetest. I know you're a hardcore fan so maybe you are watching that or close to it. I know that at the stage of life I am at right now, I'm watching mayyybe 30 total games in the regular season. Not nearly enough for me to rely on any kind of eyetest that requires comparison to another team vs. the Patriots. I just don't watch other teams enough to judge.

DVOA has always been considered a fairly reliable advanced metric as you know, although I'm sure there are outliers here and there.

That likely GB-LAR matchup next week should be a great one. Good luck.

Thanks. I walked it back. Washington and Pittsburgh were a lot closer to our numbers than I thought. Although, I think a big part of that is because Josh Allen and Jimmy G had big games against us in the first six weeks when we were still installing the scheme. But regardless, it's much closer statistically than I believed.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

If he wins a title with this defense I will concede to him being the goat bc that defense reminded me of Peyton's colts defenses.

Soft as heck and what happened to Shaw Barrett he had 19.5 sacks last year.

No Vita Vea at DT to collapse the apex of the pocket. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

If he wins a title with this defense I will concede to him being the goat bc that defense reminded me of Peyton's colts defenses.

Soft as heck and what happened to Shaw Barrett he had 19.5 sacks last year.

Teams adjusted to Barrett. He still posted 57 tackles and 8 sacks this year. That's good production.