2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Just now, Daniel said:

Then I guess that's just really expensive for a No. 2 IMO.  He is a great second though.  Maybe the best blocking WR in the NFL.

Ya you're not going to get an argument there.  Basically Washington has a #1 WR, and then a bunch of solid 3rd or 4th WRs types.  Really needed a legit #2.  The options for a guy that could fill that role well in FA were Golladay, Davis or Juju.  Golladay got tagged, and never been a huge fan of Juju, so we slapped a big number on Davis.  Lack of supply drove our bid up.

22 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Dawuane Smoot: Appropriate contract for a 5 or 6 sacks a season guy, especially when we're desperate for vet help there.

This is a guy I want in real life. Underrated player right now. He's also top 10 in run stop win rate per the espn metric. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is a guy I want in real life. Underrated player right now. He's also top 10 in run stop win rate per the espn metric. 

He was by a wide margin the player I wanted most as an Edge in our price range (above 3, below 10).  He was pretty good with the Jags for a few years, so I wouldn't mind having him and Landry on the outside with whoever else we get in the draft.  Not an elite group, but waaaay better than anything the Titans had in 2020.

24 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Then I guess that's just really expensive for a No. 2 IMO.  He is a great second though.  Maybe the best blocking WR in the NFL.

We did overpay. But we couldn't walk away from not getting someone either. We like the way he compliments McLaurin. I also think there's a decent out after year 3 if it's a failure, but I don't disagree with anything you said either. 

4 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Signings I like be it fit or value for money in no particular order

Remmers

Blythe

Hooker

Robertson-Harris

Wylie

Yannick

Maye

Banner

Ingram

Milano

Players I think were overspent even if I like most of them

Thuney (5mil)

Linsley (5mil)

David (7mil)

Barrett (7mil)

Campbell 

Fuller (8mil)

maybe some sour grapes I accept.

Overspent annually or total contract?

5 hours ago, jch1911 said:

Verrett or Wylie IMHO

I like Reiter's deal as well, but I am biased.

If you need an interior OL... hit up the Texans

Nick Martin (2 inquiries)

Senio Kelemete (3 teams interested)

Zach Fulton 

are all available

I did an you never replied back.

3 hours ago, jch1911 said:

I posted this in Texans forum

Texans just released Watt IRL... I f^*^*&(* hate all of this... sorry (not sorry for the rant)

I vote that you should be able to cancel that contract extension.

I can’t see how Watson stays now so hope they do a proper rebuild IRL, fans deserve better.

12 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

I vote that you should be able to cancel that contract extension.

I can’t see how Watson stays now so hope they do a proper rebuild IRL, fans deserve better.

Do you trust the clowns to do a proper rebuild?? Cause I don't... it's also why EB refused / turned down a 2nd interview... he could see what was going on... Caulley is about literally the only person who "wanted" the job b/c he knew this was his last chance to be a HC... It.disgusts.me (sorry - not sorry - for rant)

1 minute ago, jch1911 said:

Do you trust the clowns to do a proper rebuild?? Cause I don't... it's also why EB refused / turned down a 2nd interview... he could see what was going on... Caulley is about literally the only person who "wanted" the job b/c he knew this was his last chance to be a HC... It.disgusts.me (sorry - not sorry - for rant)

Been there . I feel for you. Good owners, gms could quickly turn it around with Watson but not sure these guys could, also without trading Watson you have no picks to build.

1 hour ago, mountainpd said:

Next round of Free agency Wednesday. Nooooooooooo

53 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

**** that's far 

If @ny92mike is OK and enough GM's are on board, I would propose a

Monday 15th for Round 2  (could do Tuesday 16th as well)

Thursday 18th for round 3

Try to avoid the long gap and the Friday night UFA deadline for round 3.

Thoughts????

• Like 2