Future QB Discussion

G08

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Free bite at the apple, gives you an option to trade Foles to a contender if needed, allows you to let your rookie QB sit as QB3 with little-to-no chance to start, lets you ostensibly save draft picks to use for upgrades at current holes, etc.

I’d rather not waste time on a re-tread. Just draft a rookie and give him a chance. This team isn’t winning anything of consequence with Winston.

Here I am thrilled that we do not have to worry about spending capital on Goff or Stafford....

indifferent that we're gonna be against goff twice a year instead of Stafford, but a little concerned that Detroit is picking up a good chunk of draft capital.

Edited by Epyon

30 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Here I am thrilled that we do not have to worry about spending capital on Goff or Stafford....

indifferent that we're gonna be against goff twice a year instead of Stafford, but a little concerned that Detroit is picking up a good chunk of draft capital.

This trade puts the Lions off the market for a QB.  Unless the rumors are true that they're trying to trade Goff to the colts. 

31 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am starting to really worry that we are going to be left with our ****S in our hands at QB.

Watson isn’t getting dealt and we are at the back of the line in the draft.

For me, we can’t afford to wait until the draft because the likelihood of having desirable options in the draft is pretty low. We really can’t move up, there’s not likely to be anything there at 20, and you can’t count on the later guys to come in and start.

We also can’t afford to go into week 1 with Foles as our starter.

For me, I think you need to sign one of Jacoby Brissett, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Tyrod Taylor, and you need to prep like he is your starter. You still need to draft someone, but this team needs to win out of the gate for people to keep their jobs.

Edited by chisoxguy7

13 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

We also can’t afford to go into week 1 with Foles as our starter.

Honestly, I'm warming to the idea...

Draft OL/WR.... and let foles take out nagy/pace. Our GM/HC next year can work with the QB situation.

There's plenty of OL and WR depth in this class for us to grab, tbh.  We could legitimately upgrade RT/LT/C, get a potential replacement for Trevethan, and get 2x WR as good as Mooney from this class, as well as a legitimate backup for Monty if we really knock this draft ouf of the park.

Edited by Epyon

On 1/29/2021 at 10:03 PM, WindyCity said:

Just a warning, If our camp battle is Foles vs Jimmy G I am going to be flame throwing Pace the entire summer.

You've been doing this in every thread for 2 years now. The schtick has grown old. Nobody is surprised anymore Windy.

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

Draft OL/WR.... and let foles take out nagy/pace. Our GM/HC next year can work with the QB situation.

I've been saying it all season but nobody wanted to hear it. I kept pushing for one more year of Pace/Nagy to give them a chance to either right the ship or let them live or die by it.... but very few wanted to hear that.  They thought the grass looked greener on the other side.

Let them fall on their swords and start fresh the RIGHT WAY instead of this organization doing the same things they have always done.

Bears way:  Expect the new regime to throw duct tape on an already broken wheel and make it work with a QB they didn't even choose to begin with. 

The right way:  Choose a new regime in the same year when the teams biggest need is QB and they don't already have one playing on a high contract, and when the they would have 70M+ in cap space to work to rebuild the team in short fashion. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am starting to really worry that we are going to be left with our ****S in our hands at QB.

Watson isn’t getting dealt and we are at the back of the line in the draft.

Let me guess Windy. You are either going to blame Pace for his team being better than 19 other teams(despite QB inconsistency) or you are going to blame Pace for COVID.

*Insert snore gif*

Edited by JAF-N72EX