Future QB Discussion

G08

11 hours ago, Epyon said:

Honestly, I'm warming to the idea...

Draft OL/WR.... and let foles take out nagy/pace. Our GM/HC next year can work with the QB situation.

There's plenty of OL and WR depth in this class for us to grab, tbh.  We could legitimately upgrade RT/LT/C, get a potential replacement for Trevethan, and get 2x WR as good as Mooney from this class, as well as a legitimate backup for Monty if we really knock this draft ouf of the park.

Fine by me, but the problem is that we not have a conflict between what is best for the team and what is best for the FO.

"Hey Ryan, we don't want you to blow any more future resources, so just draft BPA and stay away from QB so you get fired and we can get our guy with a new staff next year"

31 minutes ago, malagabears said:

So basically the next two 1sts and two 2nds in 2021 & 2022 plus Roquan & Jaylon Johnson.

That's way too much in my opinion. I'd rather send three 1sts and three 2nds than have to give up two rising stars in Roquan & JJ

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

would anyone in here do a ricky williams trade for watson? 

all 2021 draft picks. nothing else. 

i'm not even sure that does that job

You take that deal and don't even think twice...that's highway robbery....but it's not realistic either.

The Bears 2021 total draft value sits at 459.  The Lions got approx 733 in draft value + Goff in exchange for Stafford and Watson's value would be much higher than that. 

Watson's asking price isn't worth trading for. 

50 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Just saw a report from Rap on NFLN that the Bears did indeed offer more than a first round pick for Stafford. So atleast they are serious about fixing the position. They want more than a marginal upgrade. 

Also think given the fact we were in on him and Watson shows we do not want a rookie at that spot.

• Like 1