2021 Coaching Staff - Who will Sirianni bring in?

Kiltman

5 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think Shady is a good example but I think Miles Sanders is very overrated by our fan base. Maybe it will take him a bit to put it together like Shady did. 

Other than Shady and Sanders, we haven't exactly given him much to work with. Everyone else (besides Mostert) was unathletic or just not very talented clump of clay or an already molded clay like DeMarco/Sproles/Howard. Every RB he touched usually ends up at least being a decent receiving back who isn't a complete liability in pass protection. Sanders vision has definitely improved since he was a rookie.

Edited by Jeezla

37 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

No, that would be Doug.

Believe me, as the leader of the anti-Doug brigade I'd love every chance I get to knock Doug, but that said, from my understanding, Duce was the one who'd decide which RB took the field on what snaps.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Believe me, as the leader of the anti-Doug brigade I'd love every chance I get to knock Doug, but that said, from my understanding, Duce was the one who'd decide which RB took the field on what snaps.

In that case, Duce had to go. Granted, our RB's didn't do much in the 2nd half besides blitz pick up.

Edited by Jeezla

58 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think Shady is a good example but I think Miles Sanders is very overrated by our fan base. Maybe it will take him a bit to put it together like Shady did. 

Sorry I don't think Shady would of been any less of a RB in a Andy Reid/Chip Kelly offense with or without Duce.  

I mean are the RB coaches from other teams responsible for the RB's that Kamara, McCaffrey, Henry, Saquon and Zeke are? Or is it their overall talent talent and the surrounding cast that helps the most?

I'm not saying Staley was useless, didn't motivate,  help teach, actually do his job but Lesean McCoy , Brian Westbrook and Miles Sanders probably don't skip a beat with another RB's coach, sorry.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry I don't think Shady would of been any less of a RB in a Andy Reid/Chip Kelly offense with or without Duece.  

I mean are the RB coaches from other teams responsible for the RB's that Kamara, McCaffrey, Henry, Saquon and Zeke are? Or is it their overall talent talent and the surrounding cast that helps the most?

I'm not saying Staley was useless, didn't motivate,  help teach, actually do his job but Lesean McCoy , Brian Westbrook and Miles Sanders probably don't skip a beat with another RB's coach, sorry.

I think you may be right on that one. But Staley is definitely a good RB coach, what he did to Clement is nothing short of masterful. The guy had practically no catches in college and he turned him into a 3rd down back for us, too bad you can´t teach explosiveness. 

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry I don't think Shady would of been any less of a RB in a Andy Reid/Chip Kelly offense with or without Duece.  

What about Corey Clement, Josh Adams, Boston Scott and all the other scrap players he got something out of? 
The eagles have barely ever invested in the position for most of his tenure yet he got serviceable play pretty consistently.

We overrated Duce a tad , but he's a good coach and clearly got the respect from the lockerroom.
And the fact he had multiple offers upon leaving shows it wasn't isolated to just the Eagles organization either.

Not sure why you're so salty about it Nabbsy, but go off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daimonas said:

This has been an unexpectedly jorts tightening offseason so far. I'm unsure how to conduct myself considering I expected only the worst.

This has been an unexpected offseason but going to be a lot of growing pains next plus seems like carson is still being a jerk.

17 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

This has been an unexpected offseason but going to be a lot of growing pains next plus seems like carson is still being a jerk.

He has a lot of bridges to mend I'm sure, it's not going to be easy, the real question is if he'll be man enough to do so. It's a tall order. Sooner or later we'll figure out if he wants to fix them bad enough.

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Other than Shady and Sanders, we haven't exactly given him much to work with. Everyone else (besides Mostert) was unathletic or just not very talented clump of clay or an already molded clay like DeMarco/Sproles/Howard. Every RB he touched usually ends up at least being a decent receiving back who isn't a complete liability in pass protection. Sanders vision has definitely improved since he was a rookie.

His vision was very bad this year, often missed holes. I didn’t like what I saw out of him at all this year. Def had a down year as with the whole OLINE. I really love najee harris and hope we can get him round 2. We need a whole offense draft.