2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

4 hours ago, cannondale said:

I still want Mike Pennel back

Back when people still went to training camp at Nitschke Field, I went for two consecutive days when I stayed in the area.  Pennel was generally joking around with everyone, but during the warmup/stretching portion-he was front and center and leading the routine. It was impressive to see a big man with that kind of flexibility. Mike Pennel, yoga instructor..Who knew?

It'll be interesting how heavy Watt weighs certain variables for his decision. If a Super Bowl opportunity is most weighted, I think he's ours. He doesn't put Tennessee over the top, and he doesn't put Buffalo over the top imo (I'm not in on Buffalo this year, I think it was an overachieving club). 

45 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It'll be interesting how heavy Watt weighs certain variables for his decision. If a Super Bowl opportunity is most weighted, I think he's ours. He doesn't put Tennessee over the top, and he doesn't put Buffalo over the top imo (I'm not in on Buffalo this year, I think it was an overachieving club). 

The only advantage TN gives is he could stick it to the Texans twice a year. Clayton did note that other teams are still in play, but the Browns are the only other team that would make sense based on what he wants.

Edited by Striker

19 hours ago, VonKarman said:

It will pretty much stay the same as last year's. We are probably getting a 4th (Martinez), a 5th (Bulaga) and a 6th (Fackrell). Bulaga's pick can't be higher than a 5th as he's a 10+year veteran.

He was only a 9 year veteran when he signed the deal, so the Alan Faneca rule shouldn't apply.

19 hours ago, cannondale said:

I was thinking more of this years crop. Jones, Linsley, King, Williams. I assume the tight cap wont affect their pay too much, but that is part of the formula

Just depends on what kind of contracts they get.  Figure a 4th/5th round pick for Aaron Jones and Corey Linsley. Kevin King is probably a 5th, but might slide to 6th if it's a low contract.  Probably don't get a comp pick for Williams.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Just depends on what kind of contracts they get.  Figure a 4th/5th round pick for Aaron Jones and Corey Linsley. Kevin King is probably a 5th, but might slide to 6th if it's a low contract.  Probably don't get a comp pick for Williams.

If only a 4th/5th for Jones and Linsley ... sucks;  2 darn good players with not much in return if that's the case.  

17 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wow, those are some awful ******* contacts. 

You could talk me into Bud Dupree at 10. The rest can feel free to walk. Good grief.

That's putting it nicely.

Will Fuller

Prediction: Packers sign Fuller for five years, $87.5 million ($17.5M APY): $25 million signing bonus (generally all the Packers guarantee).

That would be the 7th highest paid WR in the NFL in terms of AAV, and has never eclipsed 1000 yards receiving and busted for PEDs this year.  He'll be lucky if he gets even half of that.

Denzel Perryman

Prediction: Packers sign Perryman for two years, $13 million ($6.5M APY): $4 million total guaranteed/fully guaranteed at signing.

Admittedly, I haven't followed much of his career since he was drafted, but why would the Packers pay Perryman money to sit behind Barnes and Martin?

This is really, really awful.

• Like 3