Texans hire David Culley as HC, Tim Kelly as OC, Lovie Smith as DC

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

McCown's a very solid hire.  But only if he gets to learn the position from the ground up (QBC, then OC, then HC). 

McCown is the one hire I'd be thrilled with, provided they're not giving him the keys to drive the O.

It's too logical to happen, so...

I think Houston is the most interesting team in the NFL I'd love them to volunteer for a hard knocks. 

Idk if it works but that dynamic may surprised some people. This new coach has a ton of experience under some very well respected coaches.

Heck Casario could of been the guy who found edelman for all I know. It's very entertaining.

I'm going to be honest, until Twitter told me that this guy used to be an assistant coach for us, I had no idea who he was. I really don't ever really remember him being mentioned as anything special.

And I know performance as a coordinator or position coach doesn't necessarily translate to quality as a head coach, as they're very different jobs, but it's hard to look at his track record and understand. Being the WR coach for the 2000s Eagles, WR coach for the pre-Tyreek Chiefs, the QB coach for Nathan Petermen and rookie Josh Allen, and the WR coach/passing game coordinator for the Lamar Jackson Ravens, just does not seem like a strong resume to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

And I know performance as a coordinator or position coach doesn't necessarily translate to quality as a head coach, as they're very different jobs, but it's hard to look at his track record and understand. Being the WR coach for the 2000s Eagles, WR coach for the pre-Tyreek Chiefs, the QB coach for Nathan Petermen and rookie Josh Allen, and the WR coach/passing game coordinator for the Lamar Jackson Ravens, just does not seem like a strong resume to me.

Coaching since before *I* was born and never getting a promotion to OC isn't a strong resume headliner either.

This is like that guy who has been working in data entry for 40+ years suddenly getting named COO. It's out of nowhere and you openly wonder if this guy knows what he's getting himself into...

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I've never heard of a David Culley before but it sounds bad.

Hey, you want Watson? Give me a bunch of firsts, like three - including the one I gave you for Tunsil...

... Speaking of Tunsil, would you like him back for a few 2nd round picks?