Texans hire David Culley as HC, Tim Kelly as OC, Lovie Smith as DC

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Cal is hitting a hard reset on the franchise. Starting with the fans.

I'd give him a chance and see what staff he sets up.

If you asked how any Titans fan felt about hiring Vrabel with only 1 year of coordinating experience which resulted in the Texans having one of the worst defenses in football, you would have gotten doom and gloom by and large. But he put together a great staff and I'd say it's worked out pretty well for us.

So long as he lets his staff coach and runs it CEO style, it could work.

• Like 1

I thought they were waiting to hire Eric B, but I guess they would have had him at least interview now with the two week break. Or even perhaps earlier. Maybe they were never interested in the first place. I don't understand why with all the success that has happened in KC. Bring that innovative offensive playcalling to Houston with a top 5 QB in your pocket that is only 25. Should have been a no-brainer. 

Congrats to Culley. Been in the league for a long time and finally gets his chance.

Having said that, this hiring feels...blah. Certainly won’t get any Texans fans excited and I don’t know if  it’ll move the needle with how Watson feels about the franchise.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

Congrats to Culley. Been in the league for a long time and finally gets his chance.

Having said that, this hiring feels...blah. Certainly won’t get any Texans fans excited and I don’t know if  it’ll move the needle with how Watson feels about the franchise.

does he deserve the chance. His resume is loaded with experience but its not good or glowing of his ability 

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But then I'll be surrounded by incompetent fans, such as... You.

No thanks, I have standards.

The offer from last year to join Cards fandom still stands...

Best QB in Texas HS history, DeAndre Hopkins, former Texas Tech HC, tons of Texas connections in guys like Haason Reddick, Jordan Phillips, Josh Jones, Christian Kirk, etc. Basically Houston west.

3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I thought they were waiting to hire Eric B, but I guess they would have had him at least interview now with the two week break. Or even perhaps earlier. Maybe they were never interested in the first place. I don't understand why with all the success that has happened in KC. Bring that innovative offensive playcalling to Houston with a top 5 QB in your pocket that is only 25. Should have been a no-brainer. 

I honestly think he has a hard time convincing teams of his involvement in the Chiefs offense.

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Look him up on Wikipedia, it's bad...

or just copy and paste it...

Legal issues

As a player at Colorado, Bieniemy was arrested along with a teammate following a February 1988 bar fight.[11] He pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct and fighting in public, and was sentenced to community service.[11] He also received discipline from head coach Bill McCartney.[11]

On July 4, 1990, Bieniemy pleaded no contest to interfering with a firefighter who had been performing his duties to extinguish a fire in Bieniemy's mother's garage.[12] Bieniemy received an eight-month suspended sentence[13] and was suspended for one game.[14] Bieniemy was instructed to do 40 hours of community service and attend an eight-hour firefighting training session.[12] An assistant city attorney said Bieniemy failed to attend the firefighting training session as stipulated in the plea agreement, but Bieniemy asserted the session was optional.[12]

In 1989, Bieniemy was ticketed in Westminster, Colorado for driving a defective vehicle, and in Aurora, Colorado for speeding. In October 1990, Bieniemy's license was suspended for a year after another traffic violation. On March 21, 1991, Bieniemy was caught speeding and driving with suspended license on I-70 near Rifle, Colorado, going 92 mph in a 65 mph zone. On April 17, 1991, Bieniemy failed to appear in court on April 17, 1991, and a bench warrant was issued in Colorado for his arrest two days after being drafted in the 1991 NFL Draft on April 23.[12]

On September 27, 1993, Bieniemy was arrested in Boulder, Colorado, for allegedly harassing a female parking attendant. According to the police report, while with his friends, Bieniemy put his hand on the attendant's neck, startling her. She told police he also made a comment about "a bunch of black males all at once being her worst nightmare,"[13] and that Bieniemy and his friends took off their pants and began urinating nearby. Bieniemy was also named in an outstanding warrant on a charge of driving with a suspended license. As a result of this incident, Bieniemy was banned from the University of Colorado Boulder campus for one year.[6][15] In April 2001, Bieniemy was arrested for driving under the influence and was docked a month's pay.[16]

17 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'd prefer this to Frazier if I were a Texans fan, though him being 66 at the start of next year has to be somewhat of a worry.

You're absolutely right.  Frazier would be a horrible hire.  He was what amounted to an interim head coach in Minnesota who lasted the following season and he was BAD.

• Like 1