Rams trade 2 future first rounders, a third rounder, and Jared Goff for Matthew Stafford

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Is it though? (I'm assuming you mean outside of a Super Bowl appearance.)

Of course. Also, man haven’t seen you in ages.’hope life is good. 

Otherwise we effed ourselves. Goffs a proven winner... The team maxed out talent these last 2 years... Unless we had Mahomes or Brady I don’t think we could have pushed thru. If there’s no SB win these next 2 years! We crapped the bed. There’s nothing Goff wouldn’t have the same

besides maybe win the SB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

I still don’t know how I feel about this.. Only time will tell. Lmao at the rams IG page: straight kicker Goff to the curb... Now all these Ram fans are sad Goff is gone lmao. Every IG/FB post 94% of the thread would be people wanting Goff gone. 

I cannot stand all of the "Thank you Jared, best wishes moving forward" BS from all of the people that completely trashed him and will continue to trash him in Detroit. Fake people really bug me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I cannot stand all of the "Thank you Jared, best wishes moving forward" BS from all of the people that completely trashed him and will continue to trash him in Detroit. Fake people really bug me. 

I’m use to it it’s Hollywood. But just seeing the fakeness is what just irks me lmao. Like man. We had it good bro. Don’t get me wrong! The Jets games and all those Niners games Goff would play like hot garbage. But the kid is young! With all the pressure in the world on his shoulders. He got all the blame and never a ounce of credit or gratitude. It’s still so surreal. Even the commentators, media and sports analyst! What a great play cal by Sean. Man Mcvay can Mcvay dial a pretty pass! It was made so easy to blame Goff. Dude never threw anyone under the bus. Dude never said we should run the ball more! We should do this. Maybe that was his downfall! He didn’t grow a pair to go at Mcvay and challenge Mcvay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

Hello Rams fans (especially @El Ramster, we used to do sigs when that was a thing).

I see a lot of comments in this thread about how your team was getting disgruntled over Goff's inconsistent play. I have to warn you, Stafford has moments of that too.

I'll give you a breakdown of Stafford's play from my point of view, someone who has seen almost every one of his games. People can argue about what he has or hasn't won, what he has or hasn't had around him, I say welcome to my world for the last decade. I'm talking about what I've seen of his actual play.

- His arm talent has always been and still is elite. Post routes splitting the safeties, go routes that get in between the corner and the safety coming over, out routes where he throws from one side of the field to the other, no problem.

- That's only if he's accurate. I'd say his accuracy has been on the better side in these last couple of seasons, but over the course of his career he's struggled with really fine accuracy, like hitting receivers in stride to gain more yards, or always fitting that tight window in coverage on medium throws. Often it's seemed like his throws are a little behind guys, or a little high, and his deep ball is hit or miss to be sure.

- His mobility might be the most underrated in the whole league. He can move a little bit and has a good sense of when to take some yardage with his feet.

- Despite his mobility, his pocket awareness and ability to extend plays is mediocre. He is capable of extending a play at times, but he's not like Aaron Rodgers where you can't seem to get him off the field sometimes. You can get Stafford off the field.

- When he's good, he's really good, but I have rarely seen him maintain his highest level of play for even a full game, let alone weeks at a time. There are times where he looks like he's barely out there, unable to make or even attempt game changing plays, throwing short out routes and not even completing those. This is the one factor I think could be most affected by his surrounding cast, so this is the biggest thing I'll be looking at with him going forward.

- But here's the nuance most of you Rams fans probably don't know or might not even understand: Stafford has never been challenged. The Lions have never, in his time, have an organizational mindset like that. He's never so much as had a backup that could press him for playing time; the Lions have avoided that. They have given him his chosen OC for years now. And although I do believe he's a competitor, it's been obvious for almost all his years that the Lions would never win or even be realistically expected to win. It will be fascinating to see how much of that edge he still has, or how he'll react if he plays inconsistently and someone like Ramsey gets in his face or disses him.

Hope my takes interested you! I'd say good luck, but every game you lose in the next two years means another slot the Lions' picks move up, so I'll be rooting against you. See ya, Rams fans!

I’m sorry but this made me depressed reading this. Our offense is based of rhythm and anticipation throws. Sounds like he sucks at those.

10 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

When he's good, he's good at them. Maybe his consistency improves with a more consistent team. That is the central issue.

Just saw his highlight video. Poor Golladay dude leaves him out to dry! Man do his WRs take some violent hits lol. Idk man. His arm is sensational though and his movement in the pocket looks clean. If there’s an oz of pressure Goff collapses so be ready for that. And I love how Stafford uses the pump fake! Goff has never done a pump fake in his life.. 

Idk. Just hoping for the best. I’ll be watching a ton of Lion games though since they start at 10 am!! Rooting for Goff best of luck. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Exactly. At least the team is trying to be competitive now. 

what I don’t get with some fans is they survived the worst 5 year stretch in NFL history and they survived moving from St. Louis to LA. They didn’t give up their fandom during both those times, where it was much more appropriate. But they want to go now because their favorite player (who isn’t even that good) gone? 

they’ll prolly use the excuse of “we mortgaged our future” but when have we hit on a first round pick since AD99 and when have we had a losing season thus far with this regime? 

It's quite easy to understand if you don't think of these things as individual events and rather consider them as a pile of things that keep adding up over time. 

3 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Hello friends, do you guys think John Johnson will have a job elsewhere next season?

Jags need S help bad.

He's gone. But you might be battling the Chargers for him.

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's quite easy to understand if you don't think of these things as individual events and rather consider them as a pile of things that keep adding up over time. 

I think he he’s headed to Oakland tbh. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I’m use to it it’s Hollywood. But just seeing the fakeness is what just irks me lmao. Like man. We had it good bro. Don’t get me wrong! The Jets games and all those Niners games Goff would play like hot garbage. But the kid is young! With all the pressure in the world on his shoulders. He got all the blame and never a ounce of credit or gratitude. It’s still so surreal. Even the commentators, media and sports analyst! What a great play cal by Sean. Man Mcvay can Mcvay dial a pretty pass! It was made so easy to blame Goff. Dude never threw anyone under the bus. Dude never said we should run the ball more! We should do this. Maybe that was his downfall! He didn’t grow a pair to go at Mcvay and challenge Mcvay. 

That's my biggest issue with how it all went down. To hold Goff accountable for his screw ups is fine, but people refuse to do the same with Mcvay. You can't have it both ways. 

Loyalty and respect are the two most important things to me and towards the end, the Rams and the fanbase didn't show Goff either. For a guy who gave everything he had and did so much work in the community, he was unfairly made 100% the scapegoat for all of the teams' issues. I just wonder who will be the new scapegoat if this trade doesn't work out. 

• Like 1

Just now, JonStark said:

That's my biggest issue with how it all went down. To hold Goff accountable for his screw ups is fine, but people refuse to do the same with Mcvay. You can't have it both ways. 

Loyalty and respect are the two most important things to me and towards the end, the Rams and the fanbase didn't show Goff either. For a guy who gave everything he had and did so much work in the community, he was unfairly made 100% the scapegoat for all of the teams' issues. I just wonder who will be the new scapegoat if this trade doesn't work out. 

Stafford. It'll be Stafford. The only way McVay comes out of this looking bad is if Goff produces elsewhere. And Detroit is looking like a tough place to produce right now because their top WRs are FAs. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Detroit keeps Goff and what sort of team they put around him. But it always amazed me how McVay was able to get the credit whenever Goff succeeded but somehow avoided the blame when Goff failed. I absolutely hated the way this organization handled this. After the way Jared stepped up for the team in the playoffs, they threw him under the bus.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's quite easy to understand if you don't think of these things as individual events and rather consider them as a pile of things that keep adding up over time

I can understand others leaving but I would really hate to see you go. You’re a big asset to this teams fanbase. 

you have football knowledge that can rival some nfl staff members. 

it would be a big loss, but honestly, I think it will get better. 

I don’t think you should let something like this get you worked up.  We made it to the divisional round. 

if we miss the playoffs next year or something drastic happens then I can understand. 

it’s bittersweet to say the least. But I’m confident in McVay and the team. He’s young and unconventional. But he may also be setting a trend. We never know 

• Like 1

People want to blame Mcvay but he has done everything to ease Goff in his reading and making scheme specially for him. 

It's not his fault if Goff make mistake over mistake, can't improve, can't handle the pressure, can't read the defense. 

Mcvay is not responsible for giving huge contract or trade picks after picks to get players. 

He 's not responsible for not improving the roster, specially the OL.

But if there is someone to blame it's Snead, not Mcvay. Snead could also say, hey Sean, we can't do that with Goff, it doesn't make sense but it didn't happen this way. 

I am unbelievable stoked about this. Put up or shut up move. But also, I’m in the minority of fans. I couldn’t care less about first round picks. Give me proven commodities. The only way it’s disastrous is if you’re the Texans which is so so so rare. That’s an organizational failure, not a team failure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Just saw his highlight video. Poor Golladay dude leaves him out to dry! Man do his WRs take some violent hits lol. Idk man. His arm is sensational though and his movement in the pocket looks clean. If there’s an oz of pressure Goff collapses so be ready for that. And I love how Stafford uses the pump fake! Goff has never done a pump fake in his life.. 

Hey man! Good to see you too.

I love me some Golladay, but the guy really struggles to separate. Stafford is pretty good in the pocket, will scramble for yards when the opportunity presents itself, and has gotten better at extending plays over the years. Also, he'll play (and play pretty well) through injuries.

That, and he has had to put the team on his back for 12 seasons now. I don't think that moment will be too much for him, if that opportunity presents itself.